• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Texas man Shoots His Neighbor’s Dog

Stuff like this, it can't be helped sometimes. No matter how well you try and train them, it is just in their blood. They are well behaved and friendly around you, you leave them alone for a few minutes and the next thing you know they shoot a dog.

Pow

And this is why we have laws, cause anarchy and vigilantism... Just saying.

right, best to let someone else do the killing and punishment on your behalf with everyone else's money funding it.

also, not what "anarchy" is but I know you already know that

There's a device out there called, an ultrasonic no bark or something similar to that name. You push a button on the device and it makes an annoying sound that only the dog hears. I know someone who, like you, have neighbor's with small dogs that bark all the time when it's outside. They use the device a lot, and they swear by it. I've seen it work and the dogs really do shut up.

anyone have a link to a good one?...i think i am going to buy one of these for my parents for xmas...their neighbor has 2 little yappy dogs that all they do is bark...but they also take care of my dog so i would want it to be automatic cause my dog rarely barks (even when their dogs are out) so it wouldn't be going off because of my dog anyway

anyone have a link to a good one?...i think i am going to buy one of these for my parents for xmas...their neighbor has 2 little yappy dogs that all they do is bark...but they also take care of my dog so i would want it to be automatic cause my dog rarely barks (even when their dogs are out) so it wouldn't be going off because of my dog anyway

http://www.ultimatebarkcontrol.com/dog-silencer.htm#page=Main-Tab

but the expert site on dog barking doesn't seem to think they work well

http://www.barkingdogs.net/soundremoteneighbor.shtml

thanks...i'll have to look into this...i may end up looking into either an automatic electronic one or a manual electronic one or maybe even a whistle and hope the dogs learn after they use it a few times...the problem is that there is a wooden fence between the yards so the sound won't travel too far

When my parrot screams her fool head off for attention and the windows are open, anyone walking by the house thinks that I'm beating my wife (or the other way around). Pain in the ass. Jack.
not even joking here, someone called the cops to my house because the bird was screaming and I was outside working on my boat yelling at him to shut up

And this is why we have laws, cause anarchy and vigilantism... Just saying.

Yeah cuz the LAWR magically erects a forcefield and stops people from doing such things. [rofl]

BTW what did his comment have to do with anarchy? So killing the dog and then doing (something) to the neighbor is somehow anarchy, as if by shooting the dog he voided the government's existence? [rofl] If that were the case then there's a lot of people around here who would be drop kicking puppies to get Obama impeached. [rofl]

-Mike

When my parrot screams her fool head off for attention and the windows are open, anyone walking by the house thinks that I'm beating my wife (or the other way around). Pain in the ass. Jack.

One of my neighbors about 4 houses down has some kind of bird that squwaks like that all day. In the summer when the windows are open I can hear it loud and clear. Doesn't really bother me, but I don't know how the hell they can stand it.

U
Years ago my uncle had a neighbor poison his Alaskan Samoyed. Timmy used to bark at the coons and squirrels in the woods. He had been in several arguments with the neighbor about it. When they found Timmy dead near his half empty food bowl they had the food tested. It was loaded with rat poison.

He went next door w/ a copy of the analysis and his 12 ga. When the owner and dog answered the door, he handed the guy the paper and shot his dog at his feet. That neighbor was never a problem again and moved within a year... It probably could have been handled differently but, an eye for an eye works for me.

In the case from the article, just seeing the dog standing over something that is dead wouldn't be enough evidence for me. Maybe if its' face was covered in blood like it had just ripped it up. Even then it may have just found it and taken a little taste...

My BS meter is pinned. So your animal loving uncle kills another dog because he thinks the owner killed his dog, by shooting a shot gun in his house right next to his feet?
Does he happen to know who killed JFK too?

Just a simple observation, but if you own a cat that goes outdoors then every time you let it out be prepared for it not to come back. Cats don't usually survive if another animal is after it.

Also, the last time I checked dogs chase cats. That goes back centuries ago. This shouldn't be new news to anyone who owns animals.

Just a simple observation, but if you own a cat that goes outdoors then every time you let it out be prepared for it not to come back. Cats don't usually survive if another animal is after it.

Also, the last time I checked dogs chase cats. That goes back centuries ago. This shouldn't be new news to anyone who owns animals.

Kind of a good point. I have three cats that I love dearly and when they go outside, I accept that the odds are good they will not come back someday. It's happened to me before. It's heart breaking, but part of life.

I think the other side of the coin is that if you have a dog that you know is aggressive towards cats, you should probably keep him on a leash. I would anyway. Sure cats and dogs both run free in some towns (mine being one) but if you know your animal is aggressive, the onus is on you to keep it in check.

U

My BS meter is pinned. So your animal loving uncle kills another dog because he thinks the owner killed his dog, by shooting a shot gun in his house right next to his feet?
Does he happen to know who killed JFK too?

+1

Uncle would have been in jail in 2 seconds as well as being sued into poverty.
That's even if he made it back to his residence without being shot for discharging a firearm that close to a residence.
Barking dogs and their owners SUCK! Take your dog in the house if it barks. It will help avoid these situations.

Back
Top Bottom