Texas Domestic Shooting/Teal Shirt Guy/Graphic

Or imagine his dad was and abusive prick and now he and Kyle enjoy warm days together on the river drift boating while talking about the lethal prowess of the Ruger 9mm carbine. Could go either way.
One of the posted article said the kid was pissed and wanted to run away.

So much fail here.
1. Show up to pick up your kid and he's not there. (a) Call kids cell phone. (b) Call cops from your truck.
2. You all live in Texas. Someone tells you to leave their property either do it, or be prepared to fight to the death. They are well within their rights to use deadly force
3. If you grab a hold of someone's rifle, don't let the f***ing thing go and let the guy take 3 steps back. If he is able to point the business end at you, you lose.
Chad thought Kyle was playing. He wasn't. He should have taken the firearm from him, which I think he could have done. Never let an opponent grab hold of your long gun. They have leverage on their side. Chad never should have let the gun go.

In general, people reap what they sow. Kyle should have gone in the house and dialed 911. But he wanted to put a bully in his place. And legally, based on Texas law, it was his right to do so. Do I agree with it? In general yes, in this situation, no. I wouldn't shoot someone over words ( probably )

Kyle failed from the get go. He was trying to be knight in shining armor, fending off the evil ex husband. If you are in that spot, do yourself a favor and talk to the guy.
"Hey, I am dating your ex. I understand that you have visitation at 3:00 on Saturday, I want to respect that and will do what I can to make sure that happens. If the kid flakes or their is an issue, I will call you."

Chad failed by letting his ex, get under his skin. Yeah, you are mad, but 14 year olds are clueless. Kid was probably at a friends playing video games. Call him... " Hey buddy, I am on my way over to pick you up, you home?" "OK, you are at Johnny's house? How about I pick you up there?

There were many ways that this could have been avoided by all parties involved. The kids Mom knew he wasn't home, she could have called the guy. The truth is, I think they all wanted this to be a confrontation and had been preparing for it and building up to it for a long time. Bunch of losers.

Kyle sucks because he owns a Ruger PCC.

I don't think Kyle gave a shit one way or the other with regards to the kid, he just wanted the a**h*** off his porch... It was between big dude and his ex-wife but it was transpiring on Kyle's porch and he was sick of it.
True. I suspect Kyle is going to regret doing it. He could have just gone inside and not come back out. (I am not commenting about Texas law, just the reality of what this is going to do to Kyle, his girlfriend and the kids.)

I suppose it depends on which lens you view this through. While I can respect your view (neither of us have a dog in the fight) I’m of the mindset that the adulterer boyfriend, who has no claim to his girlfriends kids is the bad guy. He didn’t show up there unannounced, she either told him to meet there for the exchange or it was predetermined. Chad (teal)says “you keep trying to keep my son from me” so one could reasonably deduce that his ex playing games with court ordered custody arrangements is an ongoing thing.
Emotions certainly got the better of both these idiots. I’m also of the mindset that once I started CCing that I would lose every argument, cool heads prevail. Guns are for defense of life, not posturing. Going inside to get a gun (should have been carrying) then coming back outside to have a Chad and Kyle chest bump fest is beyond retarded. The photo says everything you need to know about Chad, Kyle and the entire mess. A dick measuring contest gone awry.
View attachment 545860

Link to article. Kid blames his mom and has apparently threatened to run away. Kyle better keep his guns locked up or he may have an Inigo Montoya situation on his hands soon enough.
I have to disagree. Chad should have had the common sense to leave. He was told repeatedly to beat it and decided not to. Even when the homeowner brings out a rifle he still decides to play tough guy. I mean this is Darwin award level bullshit. In fact Kyle even waited till he tried to rip the gun out of his hands before he shot. Weapons can be used to deescalate a situation if the aggressor has a brain. If not then sucks to be them.

Link to article. Kid blames his mom ...
According to his dead father's second wife.
[rolleyes] [rolleyes] [rolleyes] [rolleyes] [rolleyes] [rolleyes] [rolleyes] [rolleyes] [rolleyes] [rolleyes] [rolleyes] [rolleyes] [rolleyes] [rolleyes]

... and has apparently threatened to run away. ...
And would this happen to be the kid who wasn't present at his mom's boyfriend's house
to be picked up by his dad according to the schedule of his court-ordered
joint custody agreement, directly precipitating the death of his father
, mid hurr-durr?

(Based on the video, somewhere between "hurr" and "durr").

This certainly looks like a contentious divorce
where the kids have been weaponized in a war of spite.

Imagine if (say) the mother told the absent child,
"Sure, hang out with your friend all afternoon long.
Don't worry about the 3:15PM scheduled pick-up -
we'll 'work it out' with your father".
Imagine if the kid sucked for the scheme because
he could hang out with his friend for longer,
and what could go wrong.

Or if the mother let the kid flounce off,
without either giving him the schedule,
or without lifting a cuticle to track him down
if he was late getting back.

In such situations, the kid will be asking himself,
"what if I hadn't blown off the court schedule
and had been present for a timely hand-off -
wouldn't my father still be alive?".

If the kids were not just bystanders but pawns in this drama,
if the mother leveraged their immaturity to lash out at the father,
they're going to bear a lifetime of resentment.

In general, people reap what they sow. Kyle should have gone in the house and dialed 911. ...
(You're not the only one who's said that).

To view this incident through our NES Glasses:

Q:
If you were Kyle,
would you Invite The Man Into Your Life? (Would you dial 911?)
Or would you just retreat indoors and let him huff and puff on the porch?

As long as Chad wasn't going to walk through the front door
to either run his mouth some more,
or "search" the rumpus room for the absent kid,
or start a fight indoors,
then what's the real downside of leaving him unsupervised and ignored on the lawn?

Are you afraid he's gonna vandalize your car?
Steal a beer from the front porch fridge?
In 57 other states, you can't go kinetic over crap like that.

An angle that is probably crucial, which may never come out,
is the break-up between Kyle and his soon-to-be-ex-, the lady judge.

Now the local cops know that Kyle and the judge are separated,
and are noping away hard from taking the lead in the investigation.
But their estrangement may not have been common knowledge at the
time of the shooting.

Did Kyle cause the break-up? Did she? Was it another two-to-tango situation?
Depending on the origin of that estrangement,
Kyle might have really wanted to keep the local police out of his life,
or the locals might still have taken his side for being the judge's husband
and would have gotten really ugly with Chad if given half a chance.

Or just bare hands? It's the one problem I have with the militant 2A crowd. A gun isn't a hammer when the problem is threaded.
There is nothing militant about it. You dont want to end up dead, dont come on to my property, threaten me, and get physical with me.

Obviously there is a long history here between all involved. The only reason it was a pussy move was because IMO the shooter knew he could push the guys buttons to get him to react so he could shoot him. Had that been a complete stranger (Chad), again IMO, the shooting is 100% justified.

... The only reason it was a pussy move was because IMO the shooter knew he could push the guys buttons to get him to react so he could shoot him. ...
Whoa.
<Insert photo of youthful Keanu Reeves>.
That right there is Wisconsin-level jurisprudence.

I did not think we were gonna get a putative real-life example
plopped into our laps, let alone this soon.

To elaborate:
Using Andrew's framing of the five elements of self-defense,
IIRC the purpose of a provocation narrative is to destroy the element of Innocence.

Normally Innocence is disproved by evidence that someone started a fight.
In many (all?) jurisdictions, if you start an argument or even a fistfight,
and then realize your mouth has written a check that your ass can't cash,
and you nope away consistently and earnestly then you regain innocence.
If you're noping away as hard as possible, but the person you fought
catches up to you, you're theoretically permitted to defend yourself.

Wisconsin has this One Weird Angle where if you troll someone into attacking you,
so that you can get all killy on them in response,
you lose Innocence and can't get it back by retreating
(Underscoring added just now).

There is nothing militant about it. You dont want to end up dead, dont come on to my property, threaten me, and get physical with me.

Obviously there is a long history here between all involved. The only reason it was a pussy move was because IMO the shooter knew he could push the guys buttons to get him to react so he could shoot him. Had that been a complete stranger (Chad), again IMO, the shooting is 100% justified.

Agree wholeheartedly. The context of dead guy being there matters. This was a prearranged meeting to pick up his kid. He didn’t just show up at a random time and place unannounced, to berate his ex and her boy toy. He’s there because he was most likely told to be.

You could be right, I however thought the teal colored door nail came off as the bigger douche being he was trespassing, was the aggressor, refused to leave when the homeowner told him to and had threatened to kill people Before showing up. But you nor I have any idea either way From a 1 minute video. And I dont really care, I’m just Interested in the legal mumbo-jumbo of it all.

Need more info and context, see comment above regarding trespassing at a predetermined point of pickup. “Yeah, you can pick him up at 3:15 at Kyle’s” is he trespassing if he was invited? The more I think about it the more it seems like a set up.

Need more info and context, see comment above regarding trespassing at a predetermined point of pickup. “Yeah, you can pick him up at 3:15 at Kyle’s” is he trespassing if he was invited? The more I think about it the more it seems like a set up.
He wasn't trespassing until Kyle told him to GTFO, honestly he should have told him that BEFORE he went and got the rifle. If he didn't leave, then go get the rifle, if he still didn't leave, shoot him for trespassing I guess?

I'll tell ya'll what's the problem really is ...

ready? ... it's pussy

You got two stags locking horns with three women watching, and I'm sure there was some serious manipulation and web of lies spun around the divorce and visitation rights.

Put these guys in a bar away over a couple of pints, I bet poor faggots would laugh at how retarded all this shit is and may be even discover a mutual passion for toy model trains or something.

I assume this is new, as I'm just now seeing it on Twitter.
I know my opinion, doesn't look good for the shooter.
Watch before it gets taken down:

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1463941917754941449

Sad , no one had the kid in mind with this.
I did not watch the video enough to find out if teal threatened the other guy.
The girl seemed standoffish like hes hit her before.
Sucks for the kid if he is not allready f***ed up

So we had Chad, Kyle and Chad's widow is named Jennifer. It's a GenX teen movie trifecta! If there is a Stacey involved here then we have exceeded Breakfast Club levels of '80s-ness.

Oh, and since the 911 call was made at 4:20 pm, we even get a weed/Hitler connection.

Freakin cosmic, man.

So we had Chad, Kyle and Chad's widow is named Jennifer. It's a GenX teen movie trifecta! If there is a Stacey involved here then we have exceeded Breakfast Club levels of '80s-ness.

Oh, and since the 911 call was made at 4:20 pm, we even get a weed/Hitler connection.

Freakin cosmic, man.

It is a trick question/answer; hyphenated.

View: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xrkwc6

ETA:

Kyle Carruth/shooter with girlfriend/Christina Read/Chad's ex and mother of the child

Chad Read/deceased with new wife in car, Jennifer Read/videographer.

Kyle's ex wife AKA the Judge Anne-Marie Carruth

Last edited:
Walk onto someone else’s property and bow up then your looking for things to escalate and they did.

Looks like one less stupid person in the gene pool to me.

Good shoot in my opinion, and likely a good shoot under Texas law… Guy was asking for it

Back
Top Bottom