Texas Domestic Shooting/Teal Shirt Guy/Graphic

I kind of disagree, with current nanny state the shooter is guilty and will most likely go to prison.

However ... you got two dudes with clear beef and I don't see why that didn't have to be resolved. Teal shirt called other dude's bluff and wanted to play the game, well he won a prize.

Was this a frontier town or most any other place before bullshit laws, teal shirt should have known to keep his mouth shut. He was asked to leave, right or wrong. If he wanted to play a game, he needed to bring something else than a check his ass could not of cashed. This is a perfect example of cucked society that relies on nanny state to sort shit out of them. You want to know why we have "gun laws" despite 2a ... this is why, people beg .gov to arbiter their shit for them.

Meh, they were preventing a dad from seeing his kid, I’m pretty sure that’s grounds to be upset. This is more what happens when pussies resort to guns as a first resort and not a last.

I am NOT justifying the shooters actions and I expect to get flamed for this post, but having dealt with my wife's psycho ex for a decade, I actually have some sympathy for the shooter.... Maybe PTSD on my part, not sure... It's just a visceral reaction. Our struggles ended suddenly when her ex died... Of his own stupidity.

Did you often prevent your wife from seeing her kid as was happening here? I get it, there are psychos everywhere, but this was the kids dad who was being prevented from seeing his kid at the court ordered time. Seems kinda different to me but I’m just armchair quarterbacking here.

Being in Texas is going to work to the shooters advantage.

Brandishing on your property is not a crime.

PSGWSP

All parties being white will work in his favor as well. This won’t garner much media attention and they’re already trying to sweep it under the rug.

His (the shooters) soon to be ex wife, the Republican Judge had nothing to do with it

She was not there

She is a smoke show though

995f2395-074e-4754-ad77-7bc1f164f6bd-Carruth.jpg

The shooter was with the dead guys ex wife, and the dead guy hated the shooter and had expressed that opinion to others, he expressed that he wanted harm to come to him.

The woman in the truck... she was the current wife of the now dead guy,

His (the shooters) soon to be ex wife, the Republican Judge had nothing to do with it

She was not there

She is a smoke show though

The shooter was with the dead guys ex wife, and the dead guy hated the shooter and had expressed that opinion to others, he expressed that he wanted harm to come to him.

The woman in the truck... she was the current wife of the now dead guy,

I think you mean the shooter was having an affair with the dead guys ex-wife. Dead guy and her have been divorced for a year, shooter is still technically married to Judge wife and was having an affair with dead guys ex.
Everything else sounds correct description wise though I haven’t seen anything indicating dead guy wanted harm to come to shooter. It’s probably implied as it seems like them keeping his kids away from him, regardless of court orders, was a common thing.

Did you often prevent your wife from seeing her kid as was happening here? I get it, there are psychos everywhere, but this was the kids dad who was being prevented from seeing his kid at the court ordered time. Seems kinda different to me but I’m just armchair quarterbacking here.
Well, that's why I said PTSD and visceral... I don't know what the situation really was there...I'm not really trying to make a case for the shooter. I spent years fighting against a sociopath on my wife's behalf, and I did my best to raise his kids. Nevertheless the damage he did to them was immense.

Have you ever had a total
POS on your property threatening you, and your wife, and your kids ( our younger kids together)?... I have.

Basically all I was saying is that I kinda feel like I've been in the shooter's shoes to some degree, not withstanding that the underlying situations may have been very different.

JFC if your going to try to take a gun away from someone it’s not a good idea to act like your taking a toy from a 5 year old.

This is cut from the same cloth as the FL woman. people who are pissed off who have to be in control. That's sadly what all these boil down to. I'm the boss. No, I'm the boss.

Doesnt end well when one or both of the parties is willing to die for the title.

Shooter was luck Teal shirt guy was running his mouth not kicking his ass and taking the carbine away from him.
I wouldn’t have got that close.

It shows in my opinion that when he brought the rifle out he wasn't intending to use it as a weapon. he was using it for leverage. Reason being is very obvious, he got right back to chest bumping range with a rifle. That makes no sense from the point of view of getting the rifle for fighting. There was no shortage of things the other guy could of done to take that rifle away from him, and the fact that he didnt makes the other guy quite lucky.

The last thing you do with a firearm is get close enough to someone to let them grab it. You're either a moron or your not serious about it's use. I'm not sure which one this guy was, but it wasnt thought out to well.

People need to stop treating guns like conversation pieces and toys. They arent made to scare people. They arent made to make you look tough. They are made to kill people who need to die. And if you have time to chest bump with people after you get that gun out, you're doing it wrong.

Last edited:
Wtf. I can’t believe that no one even tried to render aid. Wtf.

I hear this kind of sentiment on the news and read it on NES so, so frequently. There are more examples of the bystander effect than there are of the opposite.

Face it: people are unhelpful a-holes more often than not. Thus has it ever been. I'm never surprised when people don't help other people.

I hear this kind of sentiment on the news and read it on NES so, so frequently. There are more examples of the bystander effect than there are of the opposite.

Face it: people are unhelpful a-holes more often than not. I'm never surprised when people don't help other people.
I had to deal with this at the range a few weeks ago. Woman was down, no one knew why. 2 FL firefighter/paramedics went off and hid like the shit bags they are while they wore all the Fort Myers Airport Fire Department flair imaginable, I think one of them was still actually in a full work uniform. Meanwhile, me, Dench, an EMT whose license is about to expire that's not valid in FL had to go over and help.

Shit like that drives me nuts.

Meh, they were preventing a dad from seeing his kid, I’m pretty sure that’s grounds to be upset. This is more what happens when pussies resort to guns as a first resort and not a last.
But were they?
They said he wasn't there.... I think I heard that.
I can tell you from personal experience, that if a 15 year old kid doesn't want to to visit the noncustodial parent, it's pretty f***ing hard to make them. ( We did our best to live up to the custody agreement, sadly even when it wasn't good for the kids).
I suspect, cannot prove, suspect based on his language and my own experience, that teal guy viewed his kid as his property and as a way to continue to control his ex.

I acknowledge that I am big time projecting here.

It shows in my opinion that when he brought the rifle out he wasn't intending to use it as a weapon. he was using it for leverage. Reason being is very obvious, he got right back to chest bumping range with a rifle. That makes no sense from the point of view of getting the rifle for fighting. There was no shortage of things the other guy could of done to take that rifle away from him, and the fact that he didnt makes the other guy quite lucky.

The last thing you do with a firearm is get close enough to someone to let them grab it. You're either a moron or your not serious about it's use. I'm not sure which one this guy was, but it wasnt thought out to well.

People need to stop treating guns like conversation pieces and toys. They arent made to scare people. They arent make you look tough. They are made to kill people who need to die. And if you have time to chest bump with people after you get that gun out, you're doing it wrong.
Best post in this thread.

I had to deal with this at the range a few weeks ago. Woman was down, no one knew why. 2 FL firefighter/paramedics went off and hid like the shit bags they are while they wore all the Fort Myers Airport Fire Department flair imaginable, I think one of them was still actually in a full work uniform. Meanwhile, me, Dench, an EMT whose license is about to expire that's not valid in FL had to go over and help.

Shit like that drives me nuts.
Yeah, I'm an indoors guy but I've had similar experiences... Climbing into a wrecked car to reach the driver while multiple people walked around the wreck taking cell phone videos... Did that while driving home from church... Saw the steam as we came around a curve... Said "Goddammit, I have to stop don't I?". My wife, ER nurse said "Yup you do."
Not claiming hero status... absolutely hate doing stuff like that... But you have to.

If Joe Horn didn’t get indicted in Texas the chances this guy does? About zero.
Just because he may not face legal consequences doesn't mean hes not a complete idiot whose going to pay for this outside of legal problems for the rest of his life.

Just because it was legal doesnt mean it was a good idea, made sense or was the right thing to do. That video is f***ing completely retarded.

Yeah, I'm an indoors guy but I've had similar experiences... Climbing into a wrecked car to reach the driver while multiple people walked around the wreck taking cell phone videos... Did that while driving home from church... Saw the steam as we came around a curve... Said "Goddammit, I have to stop don't I?". My wife, ER nurse said "Yup you do."
Not claiming hero status... absolutely hate doing stuff like that... But you have to.

What pisses me off about it the most is FL wont recognize my license... for reasons. Same company oversees both states and it's essentially the same exact test. yet here in FL I'm not an EMT. Same with firefighting. I'm not a FF in FL (although I am in most of the country and federal DoD departments). Why? Simple. FL has a private run fire academy system who wants to make money. All I need to do is take an incredibly expensive 2 week course in Ocala and I'm magically a FL FF. Whew, thanks for showing me how to throw ladders and enter a structure fire... I had NO CLUE! My identical NFPA 1001 certification never taught me the stuff thats in FL's identical course!

Meanwhile, 2 special forces elite level FL Firefighter/paramedics, ok, I mean fat shit bags, can't be bothered to pretend to help. Don't even care. If I applied to where they worked I'd be laughed out the door. I'm not certified enough for the pleasure. But these 2 heros who are 275lbs each? Florida Firefighters. HEROS.

A paramedic is also an order of magnitude more skilled than my MA EMT-B also, so that's just adding to the rub. Cock suckers. Had this person had a problem I was clueless about I would of had to go find these 2 morons to help. Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Just because he may not face legal consequences doesn't mean hes a complete idiot whose going to pay for this outside of legal problems for the rest of his life.

Just because it was legal doesnt mean it was a good idea, made sense or was the right thing to do. That video is f***ing completely retarded.
Agreed. But I lose no sleep for the dead guy. Tell folks your gonna kill them, trespass on private property, refuses to leave and gets aggressive with the homeowner…..in Texas? Might as well have just stayed home and killed himself.

Just because he may not face legal consequences doesn't mean hes not a complete idiot whose going to pay for this outside of legal problems for the rest of his life.

What pisses me off about it the most is FL wont recognize my license... for reasons. Same company oversees both states and it's essentially the same exact test. yet here in FL I'm not an EMT. Same with firefighting. I'm not a FF in FL (although I am in most of the country and federal DoD departments). Why? Simple. FL has a private run fire academy system who wants to make money. All I need to do is take an incredibly expensive 2 week course in Ocala and I'm magically a FL FF. Whew, thanks for showing me how to throw ladders and enter a structure fire... I had NO CLUE! My identical NFPA 1001 certification never taught me the stuff thats in FL's identical course!

Meanwhile, 2 special forces elite level FL Firefighter/paramedics, ok, I mean fat shit bags, can't be bothered to pretend to help. Don't even care. If I applied to where they worked I'd be laughed out the door. I'm not certified enough for the pleasure. But these 2 heros who are 275lbs each? Florida Firefighters. HEROS.

A paramedic is also an order of magnitude more skilled than my MA EMT-B also, so that's just adding to the rub. Cock suckers. Had this person had a problem I was clueless about I would of had to go find these 2 morons to help. Jesus Christ.
I'm sorry to hear that ... You sound like a guy I'd want on the departments that feed my ER.

Are you going to pony up for the for profit academy?

Agreed. But I lose no sleep for the dead guy. Tell folks your gonna kill them, trespass on private property, refuses to leave and gets aggressive with the homeowner…..in Texas? Might as well have just stayed home and killed himself.
I feel bad for the people who have to deal with the fallout from these two morons. That's who I feel bad for.

I'm sorry to hear that ... You sound like a guy I'd want on the departments that feed my ER.

Are you going to pony up for the for profit academy?

In all honesty I hate EMS and I don't think any fire departments should do it. EMS has ruined the fire service. I will not be going to the private academy. 2 reasons. 1, I hate EMS and never want to do a single medical call again (good luck with that, I've done two since I moved down here simply being in the right [wrong?] place at the right time.), and, most importantly, I can't even f***ing apply to a fire department till I get both the fake fire academy refresher done and a new EMT certification that has FL written on it instead of MA.

If a local department said they'd hire me with the conditions that I had X time to get Z certifications I'd do it. But there's no chance I'd do all that shit without a job lined up. FL does it backwards from MA. In MA you cant even go to the academy till after you're hired. You get paid to go to the academy. In FL, you have to dish out thousands of dollars to go to an academy and then after that go looking for a department. I couldnt even afford the schools at this time, either. I'd have to borrow money to do them. They are not cheap.

FL is a licensing nightmare for everything. This state gets a lot right, but it took a shit in it's pants for it's comically complicated certification/licensing schemes. Everything here needs a f***ing FL only license.

Last edited:
Let's stop calling him "teal shirt guy". His name is Chad. Very fitting.

What's wild is the lack of response from anyone. I get that people were probably stunned, but they acted like they see this everywhere week.

Also, I didn't see it mentioned, but "know what is beyond your target".

The 1st angle filming looked to be directly in the line of firing before she moved just before the shots. Got lucky with that one.

Don't bow up to a man on his own front porch and not expect resistance. Especially when you're half a head taller and accustomed to getting your way through threats and intimidation.

Little guy might just go get his equalizer.

And if he does, then don't double down on acting tough. Either take it away and shove it up his ass, or back down.

We had a case of Big Man Syndrome clashing with Little Man Syndrome here, and it didn't end well.

We had a case of Big Man Syndrome clashing with Little Man Syndrome here, and it didn't end well.

As a middle sized man, I luckily don't suffer from this level of physical insecurity or over confidence. [rofl]

Dench lesson 1, don't go looking for fights. Lesson 2, don't escalate fights unless you really have to.

Chest bumping is one of those things that I've never understood. I can say without a doubt I've never chest bumped a single person in my entire life aggressively. Not once. The reason is really simple, I don't want to get sucker punched. The people who do that, what the f*** guys.

I actually funny enough had to put my arm out to make distance against some random guy high off his ass last week. I hadnt done that for... I can't even remember. Since I was in the army? Anyway, guy was high as a kite, sorta aggressive. Well, I'm not going to f***ing chest bump him so I can get KO'd or stabbed. [rofl] I want that guy at least an arm length plus a little more at all times till I am out of other options. Worked out. I didn't have to get my Steyr AUG out, hold it at my waist and chest bump him around a parking lot.

Back
Top Bottom