• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Texas AG goes after ‘Cheaper than Dirt’ for price gouging.

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Guess they can’t charge anything they want for ammo.

File this under things everyone already knew was going on. As we wrote the other day, no one likes high prices, but they’re part of the current market conditions. Consumers are seeing the effects of the laws of supply and demand on a daily basis as they shop for guns and, more acutely, ammunition.

But there’s a difference between market-driven price increases and outright gouging. Mention the term ‘gouging’ to just about any firearms consumer and one seller almost immediately comes to mind: the ironically named Cheaper Than Dirt.

I guess in TX, ammo is necessary to live.

Like food, water, and medicine.

Maybe they will go after PS5 gouging, next.

I wish Marsha will go after pre ban mag sellers.

If she realized how rare some of these Glock mags are maybe she would overturn the "hi cap" ban here in Mass.

While she is at it maybe she can reverse her edict on AR's, too.

What a bunch of faggots (TX).

Free market. If people don't want to pay that much they won't buy it.

I'm on the side of TX and the average consumer for this. Not because you're not wrong, but because CTD has a well known history of cancelling orders to maintain inventory and jack up the price.

Buy a magazine at a reasonable $20 on Wednesday and the president bans them on Thursday? Your order's going to be cancelled and that same mag's going back on the shelf for $75

I guess in TX, ammo is necessary to live.

Like food, water, and medicine.

Maybe they will go after PS5 gouging, next.

I wish Marsha will go after pre ban mag sellers.

If she realized how rare some of these Glock mags are maybe she would overturn the "hi cap" ban here in Mass.

While she is at it maybe she can reverse her edict on AR's, too.
And Jesus himself will come down with an electric guitar and perform freebird

I'm on the side of TX and the average consumer for this. Not because you're not wrong, but because CTD has a well known history of cancelling orders to maintain inventory and jack up the price.

Buy a magazine at a reasonable $20 on Wednesday and the president bans them on Thursday? Your order's going to be cancelled and that same mag's going back on the shelf for $75
I heard about that.

That is so wrong and dishonest.

A deal is a deal.

They should have still honored the price at checkout.

A few months ago I began to sell so old black Glock internal parts.

One man wanted to buy a guide rod and spring (un captured).

I we had a deal for $20 shipped.

Then I noticed they were going for $150 due to extreme rarity. Guide rod and spring.

The man saw this too and offered to pay more for them.

This after agreeing to the price. He must have thought I was going rescind our deal.

I told him a deal is a deal and of course I'd honor the original price.

The rest I sold for more, of course but if you put something in your cart and pay - you should expect the merchant to follow through.

Early on in the pandemic-fueled buying binge, readers were sending us screen grabs from CTD’s site showing cases of 5.56 ammo priced at $970. This was at a time when other retailers were selling the same ammo at somewhere around $450

... I don't even know what to say to this commie pinko shithead

Cancelling orders is different than gouging though. Prosecuting businesses for charging whatever they like for whatever they’re selling is bullshit. Why not let the government set all the prices?

How are they even coming to those price gouging totals? CZ Scorpion Evo 3 S2 for $3,608.10? Was the $8.10 on top of the already crazy $3,600 just a final kick in the nuts to the consumers that the board gets to laugh about on their way to the bank?

... I don't even know what to say to this commie pinko shithead

Lots of people here are commie pinko shitheads when it comes to ammo, unfortunately.

If people didn't prepare, they look to the .gov for help in obtaining hard to get things at pre-panic prices. Some of them even consider themselves Conservatives, but only when it is convenient, a CC Convenient Conservative lol

Texas AG's head will explode if he takes a look at Gun Broker, where people (sometimes companies) are flipping retail for a 20-40% profit margin. As much as I hate CtD, it's a free market. Buy or don't buy. When enough people don't buy, the prices will go back down. Sure, CtD are scummy for padding already inflated prices, but people must be buying or they wouldn't bother trying.

The funny thing is it wouldn't sound so bad if they didn't have the balls to call themselves "Cheaper Than Dirt" and run ads that proclaim 'Our Low Price".
It's actually kind of comical when you think about it.

Back
Top Bottom