• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Texas 'after-prom party' devolves into shooting, leaving 9 people wounded

Reptile

NES Member

Mass shooting at after prom party in Jasper County, Texas, leaves 9 wounded​

An after prom party in Texas erupted in gunfire early Sunday, leaving at least nine people shot, authorities said.

Shortly after midnight on Sunday, deputies responded to a disturbance on County Road 263 north of Jasper with shots fired, the Jasper County Sheriff’s Office said in a Facebook post.

"Upon arrival, nine victims were found to have non-life-threatening injuries," the statement said. "The incident erupted at an after-prom party that was being held at the residence on County Road 263. Most victims were transported to Jasper Memorial Hospital, and some were transferred to Christus St. Elizabeth for further treatment."

Continues...

7j7lu4.jpg

No. Families have devolved into a bunch of Karens defending their idiot young. Back in the day, you'd get a boot upside the head for even getting NEAR something like this. The fear of what was coming when you got home was FAR scarier than the anger or frustration you felt against your fellow schoolchildren.

You know the trope spoitz movie where that one kid has the dad (or mom) who bullies the dean/prof/coach that either their little Johnny is going to start or that the protagonist is a worthless POS and should be thrown off the team???

Now that is somehow MANY of the parents. Somehow, that tool is not a villain anymore.

No. Families have devolved into a bunch of Karens defending their idiot young. Back in the day, you'd get a boot upside the head for even getting NEAR something like this. The fear of what was coming when you got home was FAR scarier than the anger or frustration you felt against your fellow schoolchildren.

You know the trope spoitz movie where that one kid has the dad (or mom) who bullies the dean/prof/coach that either their little Johnny is going to start or that the protagonist is a worthless POS and should be thrown off the team???

Now that is somehow MANY of the parents. Somehow, that tool is not a villain anymore.
It is sad that this needs to be posted on the Little League field near my office:

1682346323077.jpeg

Because a lot of the parents are losers and are trying to live vicariously through their children. Worse yet many parents can't face the facts that their kid is probably not even going to make a trash grade AAA team. (Of course it doesn't help matters that parents are horrible at discerning wether their kid wants to be there or not vs just going because they got bullied into it by parents and submitted because it was easier than listening to the whining).

The "child worship" brain complex in America has also gone full retard.

Because a lot of the parents are losers and are trying to live vicariously through their children. Worse yet many parents can't face the facts that their kid is probably not even going to make a trash grade AAA team. (Of course it doesn't help matters that parents are horrible at discerning wether their kid wants to be there or not vs just going because they got bullied into it by parents and submitted because it was easier than listening to the whining).

The "child worship" brain complex in America has also gone full retard.
Um, I'm not sure how to explain this, but making a trash AAA team is still quite the accomplishment. Most people don't make it out of Little League.

Mass shooting at after prom party in Jasper County, Texas, leaves 9 wounded​

An after prom party in Texas erupted in gunfire early Sunday, leaving at least nine people shot, authorities said.

Shortly after midnight on Sunday, deputies responded to a disturbance on County Road 263 north of Jasper with shots fired, the Jasper County Sheriff’s Office said in a Facebook post.

"Upon arrival, nine victims were found to have non-life-threatening injuries," the statement said. "The incident erupted at an after-prom party that was being held at the residence on County Road 263. Most victims were transported to Jasper Memorial Hospital, and some were transferred to Christus St. Elizabeth for further treatment."

Continues...

Does it even count as a mass shooting if nobody died?

Setting that aside, was the shooter in law enforcement, or one of those guys with the white armor in Star Wars? How do you miss EVERY SHOT?

Um, I'm not sure how to explain this, but making a trash AAA team is still quite the accomplishment. Most people don't make it out of Little League.
Probably not the best metric, but my point still stands, most of these parents, their kid(s) will never make it much past shit tier in any sport they're in, the odds just aren't in their favor. Its like dumb guys thinking they're good at shooting guns or something, when the reality is most are below average. Basically shitty sportsball parents are basically mainlining Dunning-Kruger, they think their kid is the best but reality says "not likely" because they're clueless about the real depth of the field, despite the fact that like 90% of kids will fail to even get out of shit tier of whatever sport they're in, and an even way smaller # will ever even get into pro sports.

Probably not the best metric, but my point still stands, most of these parents, their kid(s) will never make it much past shit tier in any sport they're in, the odds just aren't in their favor. Its like dumb guys thinking they're good at shooting guns or something, when the reality is most are below average. Basically shitty sportsball parents are basically mainlining Dunning-Kruger, they think their kid is the best but reality says "not likely" because they're clueless about the real depth of the field, despite the fact that like 90% of kids will fail to even get out of shit tier of whatever sport they're in, and an even way smaller # will ever even get into pro sports.
Oh no, I was just being a dick. :D

I met a guy who was at a NFL combine after playing D1 ball at a relatively well known NE school. I asked what it was like. He said it was just crazy how he couldn't compete at the NFL level after being a top-ish college player. So yeah, parents who think little Johnny is going to go pro, based on anything other than college based performance is just laughable. I also worked with a guy who got a check from Madden's college football game when they won the right to be paid to be in the computer game. He pretty much said the same thing. True 'pro' players are a breed apart.

Oh no, I was just being a dick. :D

I met a guy who was at a NFL combine after playing D1 ball at a relatively well known NE school. I asked what it was like. He said it was just crazy how he couldn't compete at the NFL level after being a top-ish college player. So yeah, parents who think little Johnny is going to go pro, based on anything other than college based performance is just laughable. I also worked with a guy who got a check from Madden's college football game when they won the right to be paid to be in the computer game. He pretty much said the same thing. True 'pro' players are a breed apart.
Anybody rember this? Scalabrine was consered a lower tier bench player in the NBA.
He lays waste to regular guys who think they are good.

View: https://youtu.be/bpiu8UtQ-6E

It is sad that this needs to be posted on the Little League field near my office:

View attachment 745681

Well I did watch two opposing LL coaches almost come to blows 40 years ago. One was a bully. The other was the league chairman and was tired of his BS. He just stood up to him. I was convinced, at 10yo, that the bully was going to pound the guy. Completely a tool. I'm pretty sure it was his last year coaching. A few years later, his younger son, who was in my grade, was shot in the ass with a .22 while "walking hte RR tracks near home. He never heard a shot." Suuuuure. LOL. The original incident was probably 1978. "Shooting" was 84/85/86ish. I don't think he was going to school in town anymore. Maybe he was. But dad was an ass.

You don't have to be dumb to be a below average shot, pal!

Back
Top Bottom