Test

Somewhere around 8 years ago something like that above $600 would sit for a few weeks. Now it’s more of a question of what your willing to pay. I’ve seen these in the classifieds for $1200 lol as long as there’s a demand with a short supply apparently your guess is as good as mine. That being said, the people who are going to pay that are either super late to the party or are just dumb.

I see them on gun broker for average ~800-900 starting bid but of course none of them can be shipped to MA. What do you guys think of the M&P15 anyway? I am more familiar with the M16 colt like AR platform and wonder how good the M&P is.

It’s still the AR Platform. Aside from roll marks and a few differences really most MIL SPEC ARs are exactly that, MIL-SPEC. Adult legos mang.

I see them on gun broker for average ~800-900 starting bid but of course none of them can be shipped to MA. What do you guys think of the M&P15 anyway? I am more familiar with the M16 colt like AR platform and wonder how good the M&P is.
I’d be looking for an entry level AR15 platform rifle and not something as specific as the M&P15. Looking for a specific model, particularly an entry level one like the M&P15, will severely limit your options. There’s nothing special about an M&P15, which incidentally was my first AR - I paid $699 for it new (and probably overpaid a little for it).

Just do it if it's gonna be your only AR15. Those are solid rifles and you might not have a chance to buy one at all pretty soon.

It’s still the AR Platform. Aside from roll marks and a few differences really most MIL SPEC ARs are exactly that, MIL-SPEC. Adult legos mang.
Nah smith and wesson doesn't use some of the higher end steels/aluminums... trigger is gross barrel is ok.

No grenade launcher cut out if that matters to the op.

Mp sport is a great entry level ar but it isn't even a Colt.... and I don't like colts.

Op buy a drill press and a few p80s and you can build ars much cheaper than buying in mass and worrying about stupid stuff like will a dealer sell it to me.

For 1200 bucks you can have a built larue kit with a sig romeo and maybe even a drill press depending on how expensive you go when you buy one

There is a difference but you haven’t seen an M&P, M&P Sport, or Sport II for less than $1,200 post Maura edict and they have only gone up with the latest craziness.

I bought an M&P ORC in MA on that fateful day in July 2016 for just under $900 but that was a long, long time ago.

For 1200 bucks you can have a built larue kit with a sig romeo and maybe even a drill press depending on how expensive you go when you buy one
Built Larue kits are currently 6 months out. The OPs entry level AR is presumed to be readily available.
I like fancy coffee as much as the next fella but if I’m dozing off on the ride home from a long trip whatever coffee the gas station has is the best option.

If you don't have an AR then you should buy it. Just know that your overpaying for it. But the future is unknown. I had an M&P15t. It was a better then a decent rifle. The workmanship on mine was excellent. Proper staking on the gas key and castle nut. It shot pretty well. Nothing great and nothing terrible.

I have an “osama” era SW M&P 15T I bought during “that” scare. It’s been reliable. Heavy with the quad rail. Paid too much for it. ~$1k. But it’s solid. It sits as I have others. But I’d trust it.

It came ma neutered. I’d build another before I bought another. But again. Can’t complain.

yes, it is readily available (at least for now, and I need to get it asap before it's gone).
You could do a lot worse, and all things considered currently, it's not a terrible price for also being available

You can find good lowers today for under $400, then all you need to do is get your hands on a stripped lower and put it together,
it's not any harder than a jigsaw puzzle for middle schoolers. It's not too hard to find uppers without any muzzle device, or you can often find one
with a brake, not a flash hider.

You can find good lowers today for under $400, then all you need to do is get your hands on a stripped lower and put it together,
it's not any harder than a jigsaw puzzle for middle schoolers. It's not too hard to find uppers without any muzzle device, or you can often find one
with a brake, not a flash hider.
The lower is easier to get (even in MA) than finding the rest of the parts to finish it.

Wish I was joking.

Built Larue kits are currently 6 months out. The OPs entry level AR is presumed to be readily available.
I like fancy coffee as much as the next fella but if I’m dozing off on the ride home from a long trip whatever coffee the gas station has is the best option.
Cut their estimated time in half. When I ordered in November they told me 3 months plus, I had it delivered just shy of one month. It actually came in a half decent case as well.

Back
Top Bottom