• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"Test Tube Stoppers"

ReluctantDecoy

NES Member
Was just on Amazon looking for some Accu Wedge pieces for my latest build. As you all probably know, Amazon isn't very 2A friendly. I'm only shopping there because I forgot I wanted these and would ideally have it before the weekend. Couldn't for the life of me find them by name. Every time I'd search for them, these "test tube stoppers" would show up. They looked awfully similar, but the description was throwing me off. Wasn't until I read this review until I figured it out:

"Just a little tall for my PSA test tube, but the polymer was easily trimmed to fit perfectly! "

lol....Ok...time to order some "Enhanced test tube stoppers".

Enhanced Test Tube Stoppers

interesting. i bought some from amazon in 2014 and just went and looked at my order history. the order is there but when i clicked on reorder just because...it led me to a link that said the page no longer existed. i put in the company that sold them to me, american tactical, it brought up a page within amazon, showed the product with a description but when i again clicked a button to see the price it went blank.

interesting. i bought some from amazon in 2014 and just went and looked at my order history. the order is there but when i clicked on reorder just because...it led me to a link that said the page no longer existed. i put in the company that sold them to me, american tactical, it brought up a page within amazon, showed the product with a description but when i again clicked a button to see the price it went blank.

I think this was recent. The whole reason why I was searching them by name is because I saw them on Amazon just last month but didn't order. The basic rule of thumb on Amazon is that if the part has a mechanical purpose to make the gun go "bang", it is banned. However, a lot of stuff gets erroneously lumped in with that status, and I think this product was a recent victim.

"This test tube stopper kept the aluminum I was working on protected and free from wobble. One of my Palmetto tubes required some slight trimming of the stopper, but my DD and BCM pyrex tubes required no fitting at all. WAY cheaper than other stoppers and does a hell of a better job. My research team really appreciates it! "

"For your garden-variety-apprentice, this test tube stopper is the ideal solution for a simple problem. If your smokewagon has some slop around the waistline, this will take that right out and get it stiff as one of those custom-billet-humdingers that your buddy had to give up his kidney for.
It takes a bit of rocket surgery with the trusty ole' digit-lopper in order to whittle the "universal fitment" down to the more desirable hand-crafted arrangement, but once that's done, it is as the Germans like to say: goot-an-tight! "

The reviews are the best!

lol...the same company, which happens to be named "Lead and Steel", has a lower parts spring kit with the following description:

"Multi use spring set for any application. Automotive, electrical, tech, etc. Spring steel and stainless steel for heat resistance and conduction. "

That's not untrue...

I still prefer cork. I'm old-fashioned...

CORK10-WB__50978.1537454989.jpg

Better is a nylon tipped set screw... But you need to drill and tap the lower for that. Easy enough if you have the tooling. ;)

Better is a nylon tipped set screw... But you need to drill and tap the lower for that. Easy enough if you have the tooling. ;)

Yeah, I kind of wish my lower had a set screw already. I think this will be the easiest option for me. My only concern is if using this or even a set screw, will it create a gap between the upper/lower by the rear takedown joint.

Yeah, I kind of wish my lower had a set screw already. I think this will be the easiest option for me. My only concern is if using this or even a set screw, will it create a gap between the upper/lower by the rear takedown joint.
No... AR10's have the set screw for the upper/lower fitment. I actually bought some set screws to add to my lowers soon. I'll probably machine a flat where the screw will start from, just to get the hole started easier. Then drill and tap that 1/4-28 and be done.

Only you and an exacto-knife will ever know...
If you try, try it with one of those synthetic corks. They don't crumble like cork.
They're soft yet stiff...

Yankee-Ingenuity... It's a 'thing'

Back
Top Bottom