• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Terrifying!!! Temple University students robbed in off-campus apartment armed home invasion - Police Refuse To Say What The Suspects Looked Like

Reptile

NES Member
"I think the sad part is...we all realized once they came into the room, everyone was kind of like 'oh, it's our time now.'"

PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- A group of Temple University students is speaking about their frightening ordeal early Friday morning when two masked men entered their off-campus apartment, armed with a gun, and robbed them.
Police were called around 7 a.m. to an apartment building on the 1300 block of North 15th Street near Master Street.
There were 11 students inside at the time of the robbery. Six female residents, three of their boyfriends and two female friends were sleeping over.
The victims spoke to Action News just hours after the incident.
"I think the sad part is, we all talked in the room, we all realized once they came into the room, everyone was kind of like 'oh, it's our time now,'" one student said.

Continues...

I looked at Temple when applying to dental schools. Then I went outside and looked at the North Philadelphia neighborhood.

Noped the hell outta there.
I lived an hour from there when I was in high school.

My friends and I used to go to South Street.

You can say we were culturally enriched by the natives.

We used to think Blacks and rap music were cool.

After, maybe, the 5th time we got robbed we realized otherwise.

No permanent injuries but it was a good life lesson about never relaxing.

By some miracle things did not end up worse.

I knew a couple White girls who went to Temple. They were all gang raped by Black men.

"I think the sad part is...we all realized once they came into the room, everyone was kind of like 'oh, it's our time now.'"

PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- A group of Temple University students is speaking about their frightening ordeal early Friday morning when two masked men entered their off-campus apartment, armed with a gun, and robbed them.
Police were called around 7 a.m. to an apartment building on the 1300 block of North 15th Street near Master Street.
There were 11 students inside at the time of the robbery. Six female residents, three of their boyfriends and two female friends were sleeping over.
The victims spoke to Action News just hours after the incident.
"I think the sad part is, we all talked in the room, we all realized once they came into the room, everyone was kind of like 'oh, it's our time now,'" one student said.

Continues...
Temple University police have a lot of off-campus jurisdiction which has been irritating nearby "communities of color" for a long time.

I lived an hour from there when I was in high school.

My friends and I used to go to South Street.

You can say we were culturally enriched by the natives.

We used to think Blacks and rap music were cool.

After, maybe, the 5th time we got robbed we realized otherwise.

No permanent injuries but it was a good life lesson about never relaxing.

By some miracle things did not end up worse.

I knew a couple White girls who went to Temple. They were all gang raped by Black men.
My son went to U Mass, he tried to make friends with them one night. They “the irish Ugandans” beat the crap out of him and stole his wallet. It turned up in Somerville. The country made some mistakes 300 years ago.

Temple is in such a shitty neighborhood the campus does everything to downplay and cover up horrific crimes against students.

I didn't even try.. I clicked one or two streets away from the edge of what is temple university main campus and wow.... That is the kind of school where if you had no choice to go..... You would never leave the main campus..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221111_233044.png
    Screenshot_20221111_233044.png
    735 KB · Views: 44
Decades ago when I lived in Rochester, NY the newspapers made a deal - they would never mention the race of a suspect unless it was part of a comprehensive description likely to help police find the individual, in return for which a community activist group agreed not to denounce the newspaper for racism.

My youngest son went to Temple. Loved it. The Philadelphia police department has a fully staffed station/precinct on campus, there are another 300 or so private security staff, blue emergency lights are everywhere and at night, the campus is it up brighter than an NFL stadium, with no shadows. It’s the brightest spot on the east coast from satellite imagery.

One block off campus is interesting. Three blocks is “WTF wrong turn did I make?”. 5-10 blocks away is frequently in the news for lots of shooting by lots of people.

We were sure he would be mugged, shot, robbed, etc. He is the epitome of common sense, street smarts and presence, so did not put himself in high risk situations. We helped him move from dorm to two apartments and then pack and move when he graduated. I’m astounded that the truck and trailer where never stolen, broken in to or otherwise damaged.

YMMV

Decades ago when I lived in Rochester, NY the newspapers made a deal - they would never mention the race of a suspect unless it was part of a comprehensive description likely to help police find the individual, in return for which a community activist group agreed not to denounce the newspaper for racism.
Rochester had pretty bad riots in the 60s. My mom moved there with CitiCorp in 1982 and bought, renovated a very cool old house in Corn Hill. Dinner parties including the Lilly-white bankers from the ‘burbs tended to start and end early. I was living in NYC at the time and it always cracked me up that the suburban soccer moms and dads were so jumpy in a pretty safe area.

Rochester had pretty bad riots in the 60s. My mom moved there with CitiCorp in 1982 and bought, renovated a very cool old house in Corn Hill. Dinner parties including the Lilly-white bankers from the ‘burbs tended to start and end early. I was living in NYC at the time and it always cracked me up that the suburban soccer moms and dads were so jumpy in a pretty safe area.
I remember the riots from when I was a kid living in a suburb of Rochester.

I was in Philly for work some decades ago. Guy I'm with says we're going out for Italian.

I remember the place was in the middle of a neighborhood. It had been there for years.

My buddy tells me this place is a favorite of the Philly mob. Don't look at anybody. Don't say anything. Enjoy the food.

During dinner there were a bunch of big, Italian guys. They'd get up from their tables and give each other big, manly hugs. "Bruno, Vito, my good friends you'd hear".

It was a family owned and operated place. Had been in the same family for decades.

When we enter there's a young man who was taking us to out table. He says, Follow me, "a**h***, a**h***, a**h***". He had tourettes, I guess.

Good food but a strange environment for me.

The reason I bring this up... my son and his friend visited this restaurant last night. Can't wait to see what he says about the place!

ETA: Called him to see how dinner was. They never made it. He was crossing a bridge and about 1/2 mile ahead there was a four or five car pileup. The car was stopped for over 2 hours on the bridge.

Last edited:
daughter did grad school in temple.

her art department building was literally 2 or so blocks away from the start of a serious ghetto.
its the sort of city where you needed to become "street smart" in a hurry.

I was in Philadelphia about 8 years ago for a work trip for a week. One of the lawyer Teams I was working with were from Philly and they took a few of us to each one of those places before we left. I have to be honest, they were “meh”, the steak and cheese I used to get at d’angelo’s was better. I didn’t have the heart to tell them because they were so proud of having the 2 greatest steak and cheese places in the world next to each other. It’s like a new yorker being compelled to say the only good pizza Is in New York. Or when people bragged about how good Buzzy’s roast beef was, they obviously never ate at that rat‘s nest sober. Drunk? Hell yes, it was goddamned puke-loading heaven.

Oh, yeah. The Philly steaks aren't the best there anymore, and they were better in the 1980's. Still have to have one on the way through at Pat's.

Actually. Nothing tastes quite like it did in the 80's... 🤔

Remember the 91 yr. old Black Civil Rights Activist who was robbed/mugged in Franklin Park a month ago while walking her dog? No race of perp was reveled even thou video of suspect was broadcast and clearly a Black Guy. No arrests either as far as I know.

Back
Top Bottom