• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tents too?

enbloc

Life Member Emeritus
NES Life Member
NES Member
I picked up a Litefighter1 tent end of last season. It was brand new for $189. I set it up in my yard and picked up a good waterproof footprint for beneath it.
Planning on getting into the woods by early June. It is well made and USGI. Things have changed since my canvas shelter-half...

1648338181090.png
1648338199220.png

Last edited:
I prefer being able to stand up in my tent. It sets up in seconds. But the drawbacks are it’s heavy, long, and a pain to pack up when cold.

Attachments

• B7A1EE2A-9166-4CF0-8A0C-7832CA37DB91.jpeg
    B7A1EE2A-9166-4CF0-8A0C-7832CA37DB91.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 46
  • C59FDEC9-2EE1-44BA-8BE7-1A9ACF63E121.jpeg
    C59FDEC9-2EE1-44BA-8BE7-1A9ACF63E121.jpeg
    42.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 769DCC1B-2636-4C58-A866-CA364EA695CB.jpeg
    769DCC1B-2636-4C58-A866-CA364EA695CB.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 46
I use a two man version that is similar to this. I have back packed in the white mountains, Idaho, the deserts in Utah, Wyoming, and Montana with it. This year it will be used in the mountain lakes in Montana. Going on ten years old. You will not be disappointed. I wish the gear storage area was larger though. But that is about it.

Me to, but sometimes small works too. I have maybe 6 different tents, the Litefighter1 is my newest. Also, a pair of hammock tents not counted with the 6. I like to mix it up...

I’m glad I’m not the only one that has several tents, and a hammock.

This is my go to when going on a multi night solo trip or no more than three nights with the wife. We did a four night in it and it got to be too cramped.

EDD7D2D0-36B0-4712-97EB-D7B70D4F5BA2.jpeg

We always take extra tents with us because the sons show up with their girlfriend's, and I don't want them bumping uglies in my camper.. [rofl]
And they make a good place to get the dogs in the shade. Paul

I just ordered a new tent. Hlleberg nallo 3 gt. This will be used for car camping in primitive sites throughout Montana, Utah and other nearby states, as well as back country hunting during our four day trips and longer.

My son in law has another hilleberg that is similar. All I can say is wow. Bomb proof.

I was looking for a bit more comfort and safety when weather gets really bad. This tent will do the trick. I was considering roof top tents and other alternatives, but this should suit us into our sixties. Then it is camper time 😀

Little late, but I came here to say TARP TENT.
Expensive - YES.
Worth it - F*CK YES.

When your tent for 2 people basically weights almost nothing and packs so small you forget it exists, it is 100% worth it.

With a Zpack:

Add a Sea to Summit sleeping bag and inflatable mat

My hiking set up. It is so damn light. So worth it.

Last edited:
Here is my latest. Four season tent. Not the lightest but you split the weight between two people if going into the mountains. Three person tent with a massive vestibule able to withstand high winds and snow. Can stay in it for weeks. 20220916_185139.jpg 20220916_185154.jpg

ProTrail Li looks nice...

View attachment 664218
That is a light looking setup!

Little late, but I came here to say TARP TENT.
Expensive - YES.
Worth it - F*CK YES.

When your tent for 2 people basically weights almost nothing and packs so small you forget it exists, it is 100% worth it.

With a Zpack:

Add a Sea to Summit sleeping bag and inflatable mat

My hiking set up. It is so damn light. So worth it.
Second the Tarptent. I have their Scarp 1 and it is awesome.
I got an Enlightened Equipment Convert quilt and it has been one of the best purchases I've made. I move around a lot when I sleep, and now I never wake up tangled up in my bag with a quarter of my torso exposed.

Back
Top Bottom