Tennessee goes to bat for CCW citizen arrested in NYC

While it may not actually accomplish anything, the resolution is something the MSM will hopefully find difficult to ignore. Controversy sells after all... And even if it doesn't help, where's the downides on calling attention to such a miscarriage of justice? And maybe, just maybe, it will make it's way into the election dialogue somehow... Shining a bright light on such a fundamental issue may just force some people to pull their heads from the sand and see what's going on in other areas as well.

I love my hometown NYC, but their laws are so strict and out of whack that I don't even think about guns when I'm there.

Love it.........WOW,,,,Has this happened before...Ever hahaha WOW...Awesome Love this....

Hey did anyone find anything in any NY news sites about this? i tried looking couldnt find anything besides the orginal story

Last edited:
Last edited:
I finally got around to reading the full Resolution. Ho Lee Crap was that funny. Talk about not pulling any punches! For once I'm glad my drivers license no longer says NYS on it.

when the south rises again i'm hoping that every restaurant has to serve fried pickles. every chance i have now i force my fiancee to make them.

There's a place that opened up walking distance from my house that does AMAZING fried pickles. I was so excited to see them when I went for the first time a few weeks back.

And buttermilk biscuits. Since I moved up here from VA, I can almost never find these. (Good ones anyway.)

Oh man...so when my wife went down to visit my Grandparents in KY, she sat with my Grandma every morning for breakfast and learned how to make Biscuits and Gravy. Now, when we go back to TN, everyone makes her make them as they are as good as Grandma's. So, my Mom makes the Country Ham, I do the bacon and eggs, my wife does the biscuits and gravy...and we all sit around fat as pigs enjoying the rest of the Sunday.

This is what it all boils down to as I see it.

Another resolution with no teeth. I can't imagine that the legislators in TN are not aware that NY's violation of the federal statute that allows for
transportation of firearms, which if NY is held to have refused to follow that statute would be a violation of the Supremacy Clause, U.S. Const. art. VI, cl. 2. "This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding."

You have to understand that the Constitution means what it says or it means nothing at all. It attempts to provide understanding of its nature, affirmation of duties, protections, and equality across the states, art. IV, sec. 2 "The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States."

And the 14th Amendment reaffirms this in sec. 1 "All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States..."

Some, such as Bloomberg, argue that this is not a republic, even though art. IV, sec. 4 reads "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence."

The mayor of NY believes this to be a democracy wherein the majority may deprive others of their rights by voting for, or installing a candidate that suits the own personal agendas of the majority.

You mean to tell me that the legislators could not have come out with something a bit more formitable than it took me all of 3 minutes to write? Tenesse is just playing the game that has become so obvious; appeasment of the sheep.

The governor of TN could have made a call to the NY governor and stated enough. You are violating the law, and I will take action against you and your mayor.

unfortunately "common sense" and "sound judgement" are what got these awful gun control laws passed in the first place. but a big [thumbsup] to TN for telling NYC just how frikken stupid they are. sadly, i am sure most NYC residents are laughing at the "crazy, redneck, gun nuts" for sticking up for their own.
i really hope TN rakes in a boatload of money from ticketing NY state plates.

Most people in NY didnt even hear about this woman. I wouldnt have heard about her either If I wasnt a NES member.

Here's the reason for the gun laws in NY being what they are; 100 year old law.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sullivan_Act
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Sullivan

That was some interesting reading, thanks for posting. It appears to me that these stupid laws were passed to allow Sullivan to flourish even more in his criminal enterprises, since he had such clout with the corrupt police. Very similar to what the government is trying to do by disarming the general public.

I think it is awesome. If it happened to me the MA government would tell NYC to give me the Max sentence allowed and that I would be prosecuted here when I got out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Meh, it would be more fun if TN chooses to not recognize a NY licence to drive (a privelege) if NY does not recognize s TN licence to carry (a constitutional right). Just thinking...

(way to go TN)

Why not also charge anyone from the EVIL EMPIRE who visits TN. double taxes on everything, meals hotels, sales tax, you name it, and let the people of NY. pay for the young ladys legal fees.....

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Why not also charge anyone from the EVIL EMPIRE who visits TN. double taxes on everything, meals hotels, sales tax, you name it, and let the people of NY. pay for the young ladys legal fees.....

The commerce clause prevents states from having specific taxes on our of state consumers or goods. The way this is generally done is to tax things that are generally purchased by out of staters (hotel rooms, rental cars, etc.) - but even then, TN could not get away with a special tax on NY residents.

The commerce clause prevents states from having specific taxes on our of state consumers or goods. The way this is generally done is to tax things that are generally purchased by out of staters (hotel rooms, rental cars, etc.) - but even then, TN could not get away with a special tax on NY residents.

Rob,

You're not feeding the flames of NYC-hate properly.

If you keep posting relevant legal information, people will think that you're a serious-minded fellow!

Back
Top Bottom