• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tennessee goes to bat for CCW citizen arrested in NYC

Why not also charge anyone from the EVIL EMPIRE who visits TN. double taxes on everything, meals hotels, sales tax, you name it, and let the people of NY. pay for the young ladys legal fees.....

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Thats a good way of stopping tourism from NY. So, letss say that NY tourists bring $10million/year to the TN economy, now TN would lose most of that money and it would affect businesses. Thats why it would be a bad idea.

The commerce clause prevents states from having specific taxes on our of state consumers or goods. The way this is generally done is to tax things that are generally purchased by out of staters (hotel rooms, rental cars, etc.) - but even then, TN could not get away with a special tax on NY residents.

Your forgetting the "individualized high-speed driving tax" they mentioned in the resolution. [laugh]

NYC PD still locks up cops from out of state who are carrying legaly under the federal carry law for LEO. She is screwed !

Are you sure? I read something about a Pa constable (its a different position there than it is here) that was arrested in NY for carrying, and beat it in court. WRT LEO's there is some precedent that LEOSA applies.

back to your regularly scheduled topic.

Why Thank you! I'll also call my Mom in Memphis and tell her that you think she's awesome. Do you want me to let my Aunt and Sister in Knoxville the same thing? [smile]

while your on the phone with your mom have her send some rib rub and BBQ sauce from Corkys, I havent online ordered any in awhile

I think it is awesome. If it happened to me the MA government would tell NYC to give me the Max sentence allowed and that I would be prosecuted here when I got out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

And MA would still collect taxes on any wages you make in prision since your still a MA resident

TN Legislators just filed a Resolution today advising New York City to use sound judgment & common sense with Meredith Graves. Wow a state going after another one for violating their constutational right! Read it & smile.
Take that Bloomdick!

http://www.capitol.tn.gov/Bills/107/Bill/HJR0585.pdf

While I applaud Tennessy legislators, I can't help but wonder: How can one have a gun and yet be so ignorant as to be completely oblivious to New York's draconian gun laws and the overall anti-gun attitude? What kind of cave does a gun owner have to live in to have never heard of NYC gun horror stories?

while your on the phone with your mom have her send some rib rub and BBQ sauce from Corkys, I havent online ordered any in awhile

Oh man, there's so many better places to get BBQ, rub and sauce than Corky's in Memphis. LOL!

While I applaud Tennessy legislators, I can't help but wonder: How can one have a gun and yet be so ignorant as to be completely oblivious to New York's draconian gun laws and the overall anti-gun attitude? What kind of cave does a gun owner have to live in to have never heard of NYC gun horror stories?

aww_shit.jpg

Again, if you haven't lived in the free world, it's hard to understand.

Oh man, there's so many better places to get BBQ, rub and sauce than Corky's in Memphis. LOL!

Oh, I agree. I lived in area twice for a few years total while in the Navy. The second time I actually lived in Germantown with a girlfriend at the time who lives there.

Oh, I agree. I lived in area twice for a few years total while in the Navy. The second time I actually lived in Germantown with a girlfriend at the time who lives there.

Then did you ever go to the Germantown Commissary? Man, that was a place we would sneak away from School at lunch to eat. That's good BBQ.
http://commissarybbq.com/

Back
Top Bottom