• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tennessee goes to bat for CCW citizen arrested in NYC

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that we remind the citizens of New York, especially those residing in New York City, to drive carefully through the great State of Tennessee, paying extra attention to our speed limits.

Hot dang!!!!

They should declare all people in the Bloomberg administration to be members of a criminal organization and subject to arrest and prosecution in Tennessee under any available statutes include RICO laws and hate crime prohibitions.

unfortunately "common sense" and "sound judgement" are what got these awful gun control laws passed in the first place. but a big [thumbsup] to TN for telling NYC just how frikken stupid they are. sadly, i am sure most NYC residents are laughing at the "crazy, redneck, gun nuts" for sticking up for their own.
i really hope TN rakes in a boatload of money from ticketing NY state plates.

And the NYC gov't should care....why?

There are no negative consequences. I'm guessing that a grits embargo won't have much effect, and it's likely that were Lynchburg to cut off the Jack Daniel's supply, they'd switch to CC, brought in from Canuck Land, like back in the 20s.

Nice thought, thogh....

So does this also mean that if a driver with New York number plates is caught speeding 1mph over the speed limit in Tennessee ...

Believe it or not, it's very common place for this in the South. I knew when I was going from Memphis to Baton Rouge or NOLA, I kept the Ole Miss ID with me. As speeding through Mississippi, even a few miles per hour, would get you pulled over on I55.

And the NYC gov't should care....why?

There are no negative consequences. I'm guessing that a grits embargo won't have much effect, and it's likely that were Lynchburg to cut off the Jack Daniel's supply, they'd switch to CC, brought in from Canuck Land, like back in the 20s.

Nice thought, thogh....

That's actually not the point. It's the fact that one State is publicly calling out another State. That doesn't actually look good.

WHEREAS, believing the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution was still
in effect and possessing a fully authorized license to carry from the great State of Tennessee,
Ms. Graves arrived at the memorial with her .32 caliber pistol stored in her purse, never
imagining the mayhem that would shortly ensue;

I love it!

Aaaah, I love the re-kindling of the South vs North, this time the outcome is gonna be a whole bunch different. I'm heading back home to South Carolina for this one. F--- Bloomberg and his henchmen and the shitty state of NY.

Meh, it would be more fun if TN chooses to not recognize a NY licence to drive (a privelege) if NY does not recognize s TN licence to carry (a constitutional right). Just thinking...

(way to go TN)

This really sucks for her, but...

My wife and I went to the 9/11 memorial for the first time this past weekend. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised by the security, but I was. Access to the memorial is similar to going through airport security.

You don't just show up. You have to get tickets online and show up at a particular time. You then stand in line for a while waiting for security. Before security there is a big sign with icons for no knives, guns, mace, or tasers. At security, you go through metal detectors and wands, and your bags get x-rayed. It looks just like an airport setup. You have plenty of time to get out of line and leave. Even if I had a CCW permit in NY, no way would I carry there having seen this setup. The memorial itself is in a sterile area beyond security, and there is a significant police and security presence.

In her defense, I'm sure she thought it was normal to ask for a firearms check. But surely she checked carry laws for NY and made a decision to carry anyway prior to traveling? Perhaps she got there and was half way through the line, when she realized "oh shit". Yes, it's completely BS that New York is like this. But damn...

The memorial is beautiful by the way. Truly sobering and respectful. It's a shame that it's like Fort Knox getting in there to see it. I hope that they dispense with the TSA-like crap once all the construction around the memorial is done. But this is NY we're talking about.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom