Tennessee chronicles... Gravel and gardens and karma. Update post #92

Radtekk

NES Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
YouTube it and provide link. Nice setup!
Try this:
Nothing special. Bench is an @zboys special,very nicely done. When I finally get to page 3 of my list of stuff to get done sometime next spring I should be able to get the first 50 yard section started in the actual back yard. 1400 foot long property line straight back, I plan to eventually get 200 yards but that's gonna take time and money. Right now, 25 feet a few steps out from the basement (where the ramp goes) is fine by me!
Do you miss Mass ?
[rofl][laugh2][rofl2][rofl][laugh2][rofl2][laugh][laugh][laugh2][rofl][rofl2][laugh][slap][puke][laugh2][slap][rofl][rofl2]
No.

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Hey, were you the proper distance from any dwelling? Backyard range OK for your town and HOA? No? LOL, nice to not have to worry about that crap. I miss being able to legally take care of coyote problems from my front porch or garage.

Radtekk

NES Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Hey, were you the proper distance from any dwelling? Backyard range OK for your town and HOA? No? LOL, nice to not have to worry about that crap. I miss being able to legally take care of coyote problems from my front porch or garage.
We were shooting directly away from the road, probably 30 feet behind us. About a dozen cars went by during the 45 minutes we were out there. Outside city limits, dgaf about po-po. After we got done I heard an echo from a neighbor doing some shooting of his own...

As to critters, haven't seen a yote yet. Couple of foxes, turkeys fly over the house from the back pasture occasionally, squirrels are making me crazy though. Gonna sit out back with the scoped 22mag soon.

And this guy stopped by with mama the other day, they wandered around for an hour or so...

IMG_06631.jpg

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Jelly but I love it here so I'm F'd. Basically I need to get a lot of $ and buy a big-ass piece of land.

Radtekk

NES Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Tidbits....
Traffic today was rough. I started a new job and my commute is 14 miles and 29 minutes. All country roads, 30-40mph zones. Turning left from one road to another I was 5th in line, took almost a whole minute.

Cows don't like car horns. They stand on the side of the road staring as you drive by. Toot the horn and they get startled. Not as much fun as fainting goats, but still funny.

They don't like marking curves here. Some have a lot of signage, some it's kind of a surprise.

Auro work is interesting. Lady Radtekk needed exhaust work on her 2003 Dodge Dakota. From the cat back, dual exhaust, hangers etc, $270 installed. It had completely rotted away, was loud as a drag strip. The day before I was at a traffic light, sheriff pulled up next to me, looked over, rolled up his window. No inspections here:)

I bought a 1994 GMC Sierra 2 months ago from a private seller. Runs good, clean carfax, no obvious issues. Clean oil, coolant, trans fluid, etc. Brakes were good, stopped straight. Two weeks ago I get off the highway, stop at a light, engine starts clattering away. Turns out the motor is now a boat anchor, threw a rod. Very sad. Nobody's fault, just bad timing. Took it to the shop I'd been referred to by a couple locals/neighbors. Stonewall (the owner) worked it up and quoted me for a new (rebuilt) engine, water pump, PS pump, belts, rad hoses, front pads/rotors/bearings repacked, rear drums/shoes/cylinders, and assorted parts, clamps, fluids, etc. $3700 total, parts and labor and tax, 3 year unlimited mileage warranty on the motor.

Went and got gas yesterday, used my gas points, got 65¢/gal discount, paid $1.67 per.

Had my hair cut and beard trimmed, she charged me $15 and asked if that was OK.

Need a license to conceal carry, OC w/o is fine, my MA LTC qualified for CC for 6 months. Called to register for the class, Detective was out, called back and APOLOGIZED for not being available and left me his cell for me to call back.

My boss moved down here from Indiana because she "wants to raise her boys to be men".

Yeah,things are different down here[cheers]

Uzi2

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Be careful on those dark, unmarked country roads at night, especially in the rain.

And don't be tootin' the horn at those cows..... [smile]

MisterHappy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
But....how can you function with out Nannies taking care of you?

Oh, by the way, Framingham has improved life, by lowering the City's speed limit:

looser38

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
We were shooting directly away from the road, probably 30 feet behind us. About a dozen cars went by during the 45 minutes we were out there. Outside city limits, dgaf about po-po. After we got done I heard an echo from a neighbor doing some shooting of his own...

As to critters, haven't seen a yote yet. Couple of foxes, turkeys fly over the house from the back pasture occasionally, squirrels are making me crazy though. Gonna sit out back with the scoped 22mag soon.

And this guy stopped by with mama the other day, they wandered around for an hour or so...

View attachment 310497
Is that a deer, or a horse?
Asking for a friend. :cool:

enbloc

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Tennessee chronicles

Why does this remind me of FerFal's SHTF-Argentina blog...

Radtekk

NES Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Lol, geez. I can only imagine what she thinks of MA.
Lol, not much... Some of the conversations I've had with people about AWB stuff, mag limits, "lists" and the usual NES topics would blow your mind. I have yet to see a Bernie bumper sticker. Or Biden, Warren, or any other member of the clown posse. I actually have a Gadsden license plate on my truck:)
20191001_133623.jpg

Radtekk

NES Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
I don't see you wearing anything orange....that's a requirement isn't it?
I'm taking my younger daughter to University of Tennessee in Knoxville on Tuesday for a tour, she wants to transfer for spring, especially since she found out they have a Trap team. I'm buying a thrower and a couple of boxes of clays this weekend, we'll set up in one of the fields "out back" on Thanksgiving Day :) I have no doubt we'll be in the gift shop Tuesday for some Volunteer garb:)

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm taking my younger daughter to University of Tennessee in Knoxville on Tuesday for a tour, she wants to transfer for spring, especially since she found out they have a Trap team. I'm buying a thrower and a couple of boxes of clays this weekend, we'll set up in one of the fields "out back" on Thanksgiving Day :) I have no doubt we'll be in the gift shop Tuesday for some Volunteer garb:)

You looking into a hand thrower or a real thrower? Check out the wheelybird. Runs off of a 12v battery, doesn't need to be some huge car battery either. Corded remote footswitch, can adjust speed and angle, and can upgrade to a wobbler for it to make throws more fun and unpredictable. Tons of fun, but you'll go through a lot of clays.

Radtekk

NES Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
You looking into a hand thrower or a real thrower? Check out the wheelybird. Runs off of a 12v battery, doesn't need to be some huge car battery either. Corded remote footswitch, can adjust speed and angle, and can upgrade to a wobbler for it to make throws more fun and unpredictable. Tons of fun, but you'll go through a lot of clays.
Wheelybird looks nice, maybe next year. Today I ordered this, be here Monday.
TRIUS 10201 One Step Trap View: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0000C53F6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_k4.1Db5FF91Y6

Daughter arrives Tuesday, shooting will be Thursday. And Saturday. And Sunday. I'm gonna need clays and more ammo...

Radtekk

NES Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Tidbits....
Traffic today was rough. I started a new job and my commute is 14 miles and 29 minutes. All country roads, 30-40mph zones. Turning left from one road to another I was 5th in line, took almost a whole minute.

Cows don't like car horns. They stand on the side of the road staring as you drive by. Toot the horn and they get startled. Not as much fun as fainting goats, but still funny.

They don't like marking curves here. Some have a lot of signage, some it's kind of a surprise.

Auro work is interesting. Lady Radtekk needed exhaust work on her 2003 Dodge Dakota. From the cat back, dual exhaust, hangers etc, $270 installed. It had completely rotted away, was loud as a drag strip. The day before I was at a traffic light, sheriff pulled up next to me, looked over, rolled up his window. No inspections here:)

I bought a 1994 GMC Sierra 2 months ago from a private seller. Runs good, clean carfax, no obvious issues. Clean oil, coolant, trans fluid, etc. Brakes were good, stopped straight. Two weeks ago I get off the highway, stop at a light, engine starts clattering away. Turns out the motor is now a boat anchor, threw a rod. Very sad. Nobody's fault, just bad timing. Took it to the shop I'd been referred to by a couple locals/neighbors. Stonewall (the owner) worked it up and quoted me for a new (rebuilt) engine, water pump, PS pump, belts, rad hoses, front pads/rotors/bearings repacked, rear drums/shoes/cylinders, and assorted parts, clamps, fluids, etc. $3700 total, parts and labor and tax, 3 year unlimited mileage warranty on the motor.

Went and got gas yesterday, used my gas points, got 65¢/gal discount, paid $1.67 per.

Had my hair cut and beard trimmed, she charged me $15 and asked if that was OK.

Need a license to conceal carry, OC w/o is fine, my MA LTC qualified for CC for 6 months. Called to register for the class, Detective was out, called back and APOLOGIZED for not being available and left me his cell for me to call back.

My boss moved down here from Indiana because she "wants to raise her boys to be men".

Yeah,things are different down here[cheers]
Just think. You can honestly sing the following every day when leaving work:

Take me home
Country roads
To the place
I belong

Now get THAT song out of your head. Today and every afternoon until you retire. :) (Happy for you and incredibly jealous.)

Hey, nice co. . . .

. . . wboyhat.

Radtekk

NES Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Happy not Turkey Day y'all! Yes, not turkey because my youngest doesn't like turkey. So the three of us, her, Lady Radtekk and I, had Cornish Game Hens. She thought they were cute. And tasty. So from 29 last year in Chelmsford, this year we had three in Tennessee. Older daughter is still in Florida in the Disney College Program.

New job is good, working for Covenant Health. Awesome company. Tennessee is proving to be everything we hoped.

Took the Handgun License class Saturday, taught by the Detective Lieutenant of the local PD. AAnong other tidbits, he told us it's our responsibility to keep guns away from kids. "Before I got married I had guns lying around all over the place. Maybe not such a good idea once you have kids." LOL.

Lady Radtekk took younger daughter to the Tennessee version of RMV yesterday to get her Tennessee license. The lady there wasn't sure if the temp, color, paper Tennessee license would suffice for travel so Lady Radtekk called the airport. A human being actually answered and told her the paper license + birth certificate would be fine. Excellent....

So while Lady Radtekk was cooking "not Turkey" younger daughter and I went out back and set up the clay thrower. Taught her how a 20ga pump works, loading, clearing, etc. Let her fire a couple of rounds of 7 1/2 at tree tops, tossed a couple of clays, the had her actually shoot. First shot, obliterated the clay. Shot two boxes, had her hitting doubles by the time we were done. Then dinner. AWESOME! Then some handgun in the side yard. She really liked the Henry lever 22 and Security Six. We were out there for almost an hour, 20+ cars drive by the road right behind us, zero f's given. No sheriffs, nada. Although there were a few "echo" shots from a few properties (read 1/2 mile or so) down the road.

Now it's dessert and TV time, work tomorrow. Saturday we take her brand new Tennessee PAPER license to Bud's and SHE buys her very first shotgun with her own money while I watch and try not to bust with pride. God I love it down here!
20191128_124414.jpg20191128_170149.jpg20191128_135025.jpg20191128_124334.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom