Temporary move to a red town...need advice

That's the way I would do it. I would consider it foolish to put in a temporary COA for such a short time under the circumstances of the OP.

My only concern with this is, what if the new house purchase falls through and the time at the in laws ends up being more like 4-5 months? I'm probably overthinking it, but it seems easy/cheap enough to send the address change form multiple times and not be out of the 30 day window.

My only concern with this is, what if the new house purchase falls through and the time at the in laws ends up being more like 4-5 months? I'm probably overthinking it, but it seems easy/cheap enough to send the address change form multiple times and not be out of the 30 day window.

Personally I wouldn't overthink it with all the "what-ifs" that could happen and deal with things IFF they really do happen.

When we moved back to MA from CT a long time ago, we signed a lease but the apt. wasn't ready for a month. The apt. mgmt. wouldn't even give me copy of the lease until move-in date, so they could have changed their minds at any time too, just like your "what-if" above. So I stayed in 2 different hotels at company expense (I could have stayed with my Parents but opted not to do so) and every week my room number changed. If that were to have happened today (with LTCs in play) I still would have taken the advice I gave above.

Back
Top Bottom