• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tell me about Dan Wesson

Going to the range with mine today.

I am pretty good with the 6in barrel; but shooting with the 2.5in barrel, there are times where the target remains unmolested

View attachment 174087

Very nice! Well it sounds like I need to stop by the shop and check em out.

- - - Updated - - -

i always wanted one when i was growing up, loved the look of the long barrels, like a poor mans python....that being said i know have three ( 357, 357 supermag and 375 supermag), and more shrouds then i should have. the 357 has the original 6", EWK 8" with scope rib, and an ewk 12" ( which really looks odd). the 357 SM has a VH10" and when you add the 2" comp, looks menacing and is pretty loud with hot loads. The 375M sports an 8" IHMSA slotted shroud and is the prettiest of the bunch IMHO. grips are held on with one allen key bolt and change easily.

EWK sells front sights that can be changed easily too

Wow. 375 supermag?! Sounds like you got quite the collection and barrels/accessories. Very nice.

I'll have to check out the EWK site.

Did you guys buys these DW's online or just happened to find them in local shops?

I was just curious how it works since these revolvers are pre MA compliance BS, would shops transfer these if bought online? If you did buy online, obviously don't post the names of the shops who did the transfer...

Did you guys buys these DW's online or just happened to find them in local shops?

I was just curious how it works since these revolvers are pre MA compliance BS, would shops transfer these if bought online? If you did buy online, obviously don't post the names of the shops who did the transfer...

I got two of mine at my local shop and the other at a different, but also local-ish, shop.

I have some EWK bits and you can still buy barrels and shrouds from DW. Other parts are also available. I also have an LB Customs grip on the 15-2. The grip on the 744 I worked a bit to get it to my liking.

So...

DW's must already be in Mass for us to buy in Mass? Such as for my Colt Delta Elite- can't have one shipped, I had to find one within the PRM.

Somebody drop some wisdom on us, por favor!

I got a stainless 44 mag with 6 and 4 inch barrels, monson made 3 digit serial number at collectors about 3 years ago for $450. He who hesitates is lost, if you think too long the decision will be made for you!

I got a stainless 44 mag with 6 and 4 inch barrels, monson made 3 digit serial number at collectors about 3 years ago for $450. He who hesitates is lost, if you think too long the decision will be made for you!

Damn. That sounds like an insanely good deal. Very cool.

Having a DW 44 to replace my ugly Ruger Super Redhawk would be nice too...

- - - Updated - - -

I got two of mine at my local shop and the other at a different, but also local-ish, shop.

I have some EWK bits and you can still buy barrels and shrouds from DW. Other parts are also available. I also have an LB Customs grip on the 15-2. The grip on the 744 I worked a bit to get it to my liking.

Gotcha. Yeah I was just looking at barrels from CZ/DW most of which are sold out. Not cheap but these aren't cheap guns either.

So...

DW's must already be in Mass for us to buy in Mass? Such as for my Colt Delta Elite- can't have one shipped, I had to find one within the PRM.

Somebody drop some wisdom on us, por favor!

Thats what Im thinking. I'm well aware of how to get around the MA compliance crap but it's impossible when it comes to revolvers (which is all I'll say...)

I'll have to call chat with my local shops.

I've got a new production 715 and a bunch of barrels. The trigger is better than a stock Ruger but will never be able to compare to a worked over S&W. The DA stacks quite a bit. No quibbles re accuracy. I like their design for interchangeable front sights.

Wow. 375 supermag?! Sounds like you got quite the collection and barrels/accessories. Very nice.

I'll have to check out the EWK site.[/QUOTE]

what a fun time it was trying to get components for that together as well as dies....took almost a year to get everything together. i was able to transfer them in from GB and am chasing a 445 for my next addition. the 3 on the left are DW's, and use the 10.5" S&W 500 for size reference. the SM frames are almost identical size wise to the 500 x frame.

IMG_3436(1).jpg

I'll have to check out the EWK site.

what a fun time it was trying to get components for that together as well as dies....took almost a year to get everything together. i was able to transfer them in from GB and am chasing a 445 for my next addition. the 3 on the left are DW's, and use the 10.5" S&W 500 for size reference. the SM frames are almost identical size wise to the 500 x frame.

View attachment 174185[/QUOTE]

Drool [shocked]. That is an awesome wheelgun collection. So cool.

I was able to find a dealer willing to transfer DW revolvers so it looks like I'll have to keep my eyes out online...

View attachment 174185

Drool [shocked]. That is an awesome wheelgun collection. So cool.

I was able to find a dealer willing to transfer DW revolvers so it looks like I'll have to keep my eyes out online...[/QUOTE]

just stay clear of bidding on any 445's till i secure mine!

I put in a bid for a nice Monson 744 with 8 inch ventilated rib barrel, Dan Wesson wooden grips, and tools. No box or manual or barrels. There is still over four days left with the auction and I'm currently the high bidder at $550 +16% auction fees (ouch). I set my maximum bid at $600. I'm sure someone will outbid me but I figured what the hell. Certainly not a crazy good deal but seems OK to me considering it's in very good condition. No drag lines on the cylinder or scratches from what I can see in the photos. Called the auction house and the guy said that it is in very good shape and appears to have not been shot much. Also said there are not any drag lines on the cylinder before I even asked him about that...

If I win, the Ruger super Redhawk is going into the classifieds...

Last edited:
Looks like it was made in 1987 or 1988. I was born in 1987 so that would be kind of cool to get this revolver...

Last edited:
Just had this mint 15" DW 357 mag barrel arrive today. Original box and preservative paper from March 1978. Don't even own a DW 357....Will be selling it soon....
f22747670cae1cefa7ed35bd97d0a113.png

f1bd642b81dfb459c73bbf5ee74aaeb5.png

8d9356c6c7551a6b04b5939a30975162.png

bought a model 15vh pistol pack in early 80's. Came with 4 barrels extra front sight inserts in red and yellow, belt buckle, patch, and extra wood grips for 400.00

bought a model 15vh pistol pack in early 80's. Came with 4 barrels extra front sight inserts in red and yellow, belt buckle, patch, and extra wood grips for 400.00

Ugh. Still have it? I'll give you $500! [smile]

Back
Top Bottom