Teenage music school student is shot by a cop who opened fire with his personal assault rifle as he chased a bank robber

Reptile

NES Member
Horrifying moment teenage music school student is shot by a cop who opened fire with his personal assault rifle as he chased a bank robber into a rehearsal room
  • Rylan Wilder, then aged 15, was shot in the elbow and abdomen by Des Plaines, Illinois, police officer chasing a bank robbery suspect in Chicago
  • Shooting took place inside Upbeat Music and Art school on November 9, 2019
  • Officer stormed into the school pointing assault-style rifle and opened fire, killing suspect Christopher Willis and injuring Wilder
  • Teen, who until last year played piano and guitar, has undergone 14 surgeries to repair damage to his arm and stomach
  • Wilder's parents filed lawsuit against Willis' surviving accomplice, the Des Plains Police Department and the responding officer
  • Family's lawyer says it is still unclear why the Des Plaines cop was allowed to pursue the suspect into Chicago, and why he had his personal rifle with him
  • Des Plaines police chief said investigation found his officer violated no rules and acted reasonably

i thougnt they let bank robbers go because its insured?
i think its high time banks go back to BP glass and guards.

So much suck on all counts.
RIP....

robber

33070728-8723875-image-m-61_1599857026033.jpg

white kid

33070736-8723875-image-m-64_1599857064470.jpg

anyone could of made this mistake and shot the kid a couple of times in the heat of the moment, look at his haircut, he practically looks like a dog.

So much suck on all counts.
RIP....

kid is alive, must be his white privilege acting up

isnt it a patrol rifle when a cop uses it. this reporter is just out of control

I came to say this. Also, I love this from the reporter, "...the officer's personal AR15. An assault rifle far more powerful than a regular handgun." You guys' ARs come with a third pin and I missed out?

Shitty headline is shit, lol

Am I the only person who initially thought the music student was the one chasing the bank robber?

So I f I read this right, the cop drove just under 350 miles to shoot the accuses and the chief feels the cop acted accordingly?

Gee, I wonder why rational people want police reform....

From what I've seen across the country, 'some' local PD gives out ancient military M4's or low grade AR's. They allow officers to buy personal guns on letterhead and carry them on duty.

In that situation, I'd probably buy my own as well.

Can't find video anywhere. Did the kid run in front of the cop?
Got to the linked article and view the news report video at the top of the page. Video of the actual event is about 1:30 into the news report.
Yes, the kid ran in front of the officer. The good-perp runs in the door, down the aisle and out of view to the right. The officer runs in the door, yells for the good-perp to drop the gun, and as he brings up his patrol rifle, the kid appears from the right running from the direction the good-perp went down the aisle towards the officer, then out the door on the opposite wall as the officer moves past him and fires multiple times at the good-perp, apprently turning him from a bad-perp into a good-perp.

My first thought was WTF was the kid doing? One cannot see what the situation was right of the camera where the good-perp went, or why the kid thought it was a good idea to run the direction he did rather than some other direction or stay where he was.

My second thought was it did not appear to me the officer shot the kid. In real-time it looks and sounds like the officer did not fire until the kid was out of the way, but apparently the physical evidence says otherwise. I'm assuming they ruled out the good-perp having fired and injured the young man. The one still grab does show the officer with their rifle up as the kid is in the aisle, but in real-time it does not look that way and I did not hear shots until the kid was out of the way.

IMNSHO, tragic accident. Blame the good and bad perps who started it all. The jurisdictional boundary and personal rifle nonsense is just that, nonsense.

I found it. Definitely seems like a PSGWSP moment for the kid. He put himself directly in the line of fire. Tough situation for the cop with an armed suspect and potential victims around.

Back
Top Bottom