• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Teen Shot 3 Times During Toilet Paper Prank

What if the story was "man shoots family that came home early and had to stop to clean up toilet paper"

Then it wouldn't matter if he was legally right or not. It wouldn't matter what we -the peanut gallery- were saying. All that would matter to him was that he shot his family because he never ID'd his target.

I don't think being legally right would be any consolation.

Last edited:
That last article makes things much clearer. Shooter should have stayed in the house and discretely tried to figure out what was going on, and call the police if necessary.

I have some really obnoxious people renting the house next to me, all of them under the age of 20 or so. I never know when they'll be yelling, driving cars back and forth on the dead-end street, slamming doors, having 50+ people over some of whom are walking around the front edge of my yard while drunk in the middle of the night. When I hear such commotion, I don't rush right out there... I turn the inside lights off and peer out (so they don't see me) to see what's up. When I see its just the loser dumbasses yet again, I go back to a lower alert state but continue to pay attention in case their behavior escalates into vandalism. No need to go out there guns blasting!

trespass

I live in a rural area.there are 4 deputies for the county on at one time.there are murdes of women and men.trespassing is a serius crime here.you cannot go on property you dont own.you that live in taxachusses dont have a clue.
you are on your own here as response time is any where from 15 minutes to an hour.and you spend to much time on "tactics" whene the s** hits the fan you can't waste time on the nicities.it will get you killed.shootings are common and the gangs are even in rural comunities.some people I know take a couple of shots at night to keep the perps alert.no wonder you have the laws in Mass that you have.the only time you need a permit here is if you carry concealed,otherwise you put the pistol in the glove compatment,of couse the rifl or shotgun is on the floor in back of the seat.we dont have gun rack in window,that gets it stolen.
by the way we have a nice 180 buck at the processers tonight.took in back of the house in the soy bean field. [laugh][laugh]

That sums it up. Another twit who runs outside, blazes away with no immediate threat present and then claims he was defending his disabled ass. Pathetic.

Note also that the subsequent article effectively disposes of two red herrings posted repeatedly on this thread:

1. The homeowner was NOT using "birdshot" (which would not even have penetrated the car door, still less put 1/4" holes through it); and

2. The victim did NOT receive a mere "3 pellets."

There is stupidity on all sides, but the greatest irresponsibility was that of the moron shooter, first firing the counterproductive "warning shot" and then "marking" the car full of kids - twice - by pouring buckshot into it as it LEFT the property he was ostensibly defending.

Send him a case of KY for Christmas.......
I guess I was more defending the principle act, and not the specific event. You're right.

I tell you what, if I see a car in my driveway with it's lights ON (isn't that what the article said?) and people outside of it, they MUST be trying to do something horrible!

Could be virtually anything. This guy is exactly why we have gun laws on the books with growing support.

Back
Top Bottom