Teen shoots parents after drug party

Kid has issues with drugs, mental health and aggression before...

Linky

ECLECTIC, Ala. (AP) — A central Alabama teenager was jailed on a murder charge after an apparent dispute over a house party and drugs led to the shooting deaths of his parents, authorities said Tuesday.

Jesse Holton, 17, was charged as an adult in the slaying of his father, former Eclectic mayor Mike Holton, said Elmore County Sheriff Bill Franklin. Authorities also plan to charge the teen in the death of his mother, April Holton, Franklin said in an interview.

Sad story.
Drugs are bad, even more so when you struggle with mental health issues.

Lots of people with undiagnosed mental health issues self-medicate with illegal drugs. Schizophrenics who are just beginning to experience symptoms often start smoking weed because it relieves the symptoms. Seventeen's a little early for that but not completely out of the question.

Sad story.
Drugs are bad, even more so when you struggle with mental health issues.

Mental health issues have been described as an "on ramp" for alcoholism and addiction. Many with mental health problems self-medicate with alcohol or drugs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What an utterly phucked up story. I'm not sure one can entirely blame drugs though.

"The parents were away and returned home to find their house in disarray after a party that apparently included drugs, Franklin said. The father called the sheriff's department Sunday afternoon, and an officer arrived at the house to find that the father had handcuffed the son."

So lets get this straight. Kid threw a party at his folks' house. Parents get home and what happens? The kid is handcuffed and police are called. The cop shows up and finds only a pot pipe. The cop leaves without taking anyone into custody and a little while later the parents end up dead.

I'm not drawing any conclusions here, only making assumptions, but these people were probably not the best of parents. If your reaction to the aftermath of a house party is to handcuff your kid and call the cops, you might be a shit parent. Not saying they deserved to die. Not saying that at all, but shitty parenting produces shitty offspring. Shitty, abusive parenting is also usually a huge factor in why mentally unstable, violent kids are the way they are.

I may be wrong, though, and this kid may have just been stone cold nuts and from a good family.

Shitty, abusive parenting is also usually a huge factor in why mentally unstable, violent kids are the way they are.

I think that is not necessarily the case. Certainly, child abuse is a risk factor for mental illness. But there are plenty of mentally ill children who grew up in loving families.

That said, handcuffing your kid? WTF.

Wait you mean the prescribed meds might have a contributing factor? Well it must be a minuscule number since this drug does wonders for our society. Remember... Its for the children.

actually, they have done wonders for society. You just don't hear about them on the news cuz it doesn't make good news. "Person who would otherwise be unable to function lives average life due to taking prescription medication" doesn't make for a great headline. If you don't believe me, thats fine. Just think about all the times people lived because they were armed and nobody reported on it either.

What kinda kid doesn't try to clean up after a party to not get caught jfc

- - - Updated - - -

actually, they have done wonders for society. You just don't hear about them on the news cuz it doesn't make good news. "Person who would otherwise be unable to function lives average life due to taking prescription medication" doesn't make for a great headline. If you don't believe me, thats fine. Just think about all the times people lived because they were armed and nobody reported on it either.

Yep I know a guy with life threatening depression got on the mess and dude is a lawyer making big bucks. His wife on the other hand could use some meds that gold digging skank

So, what if you are taking prescription medications so you no longer "struggle with mental health issues"?
Since you revived it, Where are they now?

Jesse Madison Holton spent one year and three months in the Elmore County Jail, missing his parents’ funeral and his senior year at Elmore County High School, before being released on bond in December of 2017. Then, almost a year later, in October of 2018, the District Attorney’s Office dismissed the first-degree murder charges against him, citing that there was not enough evidence to conclude that he was responsible for his parents’ deaths. Following that, Madison publicly stated that the last two years were like an unimaginable nightmare for him and that he’s glad to finally be awake.

What an utterly phucked up story. I'm not sure one can entirely blame drugs though.

"The parents were away and returned home to find their house in disarray after a party that apparently included drugs, Franklin said. The father called the sheriff's department Sunday afternoon, and an officer arrived at the house to find that the father had handcuffed the son."

So lets get this straight. Kid threw a party at his folks' house. Parents get home and what happens? The kid is handcuffed and police are called. The cop shows up and finds only a pot pipe. The cop leaves without taking anyone into custody and a little while later the parents end up dead.

I'm not drawing any conclusions here, only making assumptions, but these people were probably not the best of parents. If your reaction to the aftermath of a house party is to handcuff your kid and call the cops, you might be a shit parent. Not saying they deserved to die. Not saying that at all, but shitty parenting produces shitty offspring. Shitty, abusive parenting is also usually a huge factor in why mentally unstable, violent kids are the way they are.

I may be wrong, though, and this kid may have just been stone cold nuts and from a good family.
Unless the parent was LEO, what parents have handcuffs. Unless they were fury.

My dad would have made me clean up any mess THEN put his boot to my ass.
Growing up we had many house parties but some how we always managed to get enough people to help clean up before the parents came home.
I think today “kids” are just looking for somewhere to shit all over and not give acshit

Lots of people with undiagnosed mental health issues self-medicate with illegal drugs. Schizophrenics who are just beginning to experience symptoms often start smoking weed because it relieves the symptoms. Seventeen's a little early for that but not completely out of the question.
I don't know if that is a good idea...

Some pot makes people VERY paranoid.

Like a Paranoid Schizophrenic, paranoid.

Lasers and government microchip 5G satellite listening devices paranoid.

Some studies indicate that teenage pot use can cause schizophrenia.

Who knows what came first - correlation does not imply causation.

I think that is not necessarily the case. Certainly, child abuse is a risk factor for mental illness. But there are plenty of mentally ill children who grew up in loving families.

That said, handcuffing your kid? WTF.
Apparently you've never dealt with a teenage that has gone off the rails. I love how you armchair quarterbacks are so shocked that a parent might NEED to put handcuffs on an uncontrollable little bastard. Apparenly he should have left them on!

Back
Top Bottom