Teen girl shot dead by Los Angeles police firing at suspect in clothing store

Reptile

NES Member

The suspect was killed after police officers opened fire, authorities said​

Two people, including a suspect and a 14-year-old girl, were killed and another was injured Thursday, authorities said. The girl was killed inside a Los Angeles clothing outlet dressing room.

The incident occurred around 11:45 a.m. at a Burlington Coat Factory in North Hollywood, the Los Angeles Police Department told Fox News. Officers were responding to calls of an assault with a deadly weapon when they received additional reports of shots fired while en route, said LAPD spokesperson Stacey Spell.

Makes you wonder exactly what the deadly weapon since it wasn't worth mentioning.
  • LA police killed a 14-year-old girl while opening fire at a male suspect in Burlington store on Thursday.
  • She had been trying on dresses for a quinceañera in the changing room, a source told the LA Times.
  • The girl appeared to be with her mother when she got shot, the LA police chief told the Times.
...​
The officers were responding to reports of an assault with a deadly weapon, and upon arriving saw the male suspect "in the process of assaulting another person," LAPD officer Drake Madison previously told Insider.​
...​
Police said the suspect had a bike chain or lock that he was possibly using as a weapon, but that he did not have a gun on him.​
...​

This is if anything worse than NYPD-level marksmanship.

"If it bleeds, it leads", how likely is it that the media
is hiding a crucial factoid: did the police actually witness the perp
administering a bike-chain beatdown when they arrived?

Or did they actually only see a fistfight,
and discovered his chain while securing the scene?

They didn't deign to say a word about why the cops escalated.
No "he was comin' straight at us" narrative,
or even "he failed to follow directions".

Either the LAPD spokesman buried the lede because
he's an idiot so feckless that he's not even ready for employment in the MSM,
or the chain is mentioned in a vain attempt to justify the shooting.

None of the above is a reason for forcing cops to merely
wade into a bloody fistfight already in progress instead of
kicking it up a notch from a safe distance.

Bah, maybe the frigging reporters are deliberately misleading
about the narrative. It's tempting to hang on to a news report
like a drowning man holds onto a floating spar in a shipwreck.
It's so difficult to keep remembering that you can't trust the MSM
further than you can throw Mount Rushmore.

ETA:
Talk about the difference between cover and concealment.
Did the poor girl even know a fight was in progress?

Was it a through-shot, or a miss?

I hope the cop was at least packing JHP and not FMJ.

Tragic and totally unavoidable. If that's it for facts, I hope the mom sues the fuque out of the city. I support the cops, generally, but really?

"At Burlington, our hearts are heavy as a result of the tragic incident that occurred today at our North Hollywood, CA store," the statement to Fox News said. "Our top priority is always the safety and well-being of our customers and associates."

Is the safety and well-being of your customers and associates really your "top" priority?

I understand an errant round struck and killed this young lady.

But why was there a need to call the police in the first place? I mean, you admit your "top" priority is the safety and well-being of your customers and associates yet you allowed some nut job into your store to assault your customers. So exactly how is customer and associate safety and well-being your "TOP" priority?

Explain that part to me as I must have missed it earlier in the article where your security guards were over powered and incapacitated prior to the assault on the other customer(s)....
Lighten up Francis.

Today's articles say the 911 caller said "shots fired" and described an active shooter situation. Or maybe this is the post action modifications to what happened to give the police an excuse. Hard to tell. CA law now requires that unarmed civilian shootings by police be investigated by state level department of justice so no good old boy protections are likely to apply.

Today's articles say the 911 caller said "shots fired" and described an active shooter situation. Or maybe this is the post action modifications to what happened to give the police an excuse. Hard to tell. CA law now requires that unarmed civilian shootings by police be investigated by state level department of justice so no good old boy protections are likely to apply.
In defunded cities, about the only way to get a 911 response is to claim shots fired. Kind of like shouting FIRE instead of shouting HELP.

... CA law now requires that unarmed civilian shootings by police be investigated by state level department of justice so no good old boy protections are likely to apply.
Just wait until LAPD is under a Chicago-style consent decree,
where a civilian (i.e., BLM) "review board" gets to persecute
cops for anything they've ever done in their career,
regardless of double-jeopardy
(and probably regardless of statute of limitations).

That's how you get Chicago-style police response.
(Fourth (final) section of the post).

Just wait until LAPD is under a Chicago-style consent decree,
where a civilian (i.e., BLM) "review board" gets to persecute
cops for anything they've ever done in their career,
regardless of double-jeopardy
(and probably regardless of statute of limitations).

That's how you get Chicago-style police response.
(Fourth (final) section of the post).
I mean an innocent 14 year old was killed, f*** qualified immunity. A bad shoot is a bad shoot.

Now that police are sometimes held to the same standard of accountability for criminal negligence, I wonder if the cop will be indicted.

Certainly a civilian (even one important enough to get an LA carry permit) could be expected to be charged if they missed in a legit self defense shooting and took out someone behind a wall. The victim here was diverse, so there wokeness may demand the scales of tragedy be balanced with punishment.

Just watched the video. Asshat fired a .223 indoors, 3-4 times. I had figured it was a 9mm that missed. f***ing .223 from 20 feet could have gone straight thru the perp.

It's interesting that there was no "dialog" -
the rifleman opened fire as soon as he could.

I can appreciate that they didn't want the perp sidling out of sight.

I assume the victim and her mother realized something was very wrong,
and were cowering in the changing room; maybe even with
the door locked to keep the perp away from them.

It's not obvious that the brief organizational delays
allowed the perp to inflict even more harm.
It didn't feel like the legend of
the delays before making entry at Columbine.
I got the sense LAPD were following an actual tactic:

I saw the body cam footage this morning.
They played the 911 call .
The f*cking idiot who made that call needs to be arrested and do some jail time.
"Guy shooting up the place , people evacuating " ect.ect.
No gun , no shots just a bunch of amped up cops thinking there was an active shooter.
Not excusing their poor judgement , but the a-hole who made that call started that shit show.
I would imagine a call for a guy swinging a bike lock would have gotten a far less over the top response . (At least I would hope . )

I would imagine a call for a guy swinging a bike lock would have gotten a far less over the top response . (At least I would hope . )
(Ignoring (among other things)
the possibility of a thrown bike lock,
or an actual gun not visible at first),
Tueller Radius ought to be for assailants
who are attacking someone who hasn't filled their fist -
not four+ cops with their guns out and aiming at the guy.

The bodycam footage is out. I just saw it on the news.

Looks like an A1 style rifle, triangle handguards and all. I'll try to look again and figure out whether it's an M16 or an SP1.

ETA: Not an SP1. No brass deflector, all the early features. Early forward assist, looks like. Lefty shooter.

LAPD.pngLAPD2.png

Last edited:
DMR officer did a "make way, coming through" thing to get by the other responding cops, says one article. A 9mm can pass through 3+ drywall rooms, so I might not say the rifle was a deadlier round for overshoot. But unless the fatal round passed through the perp and then through the wall, you have to wonder how a DMR officer could miss at 20ft and perforate a wall. I could easily miss a moving target, but that’s not my job. Hope to God they don’t chamber FMJ…

Or maybe sources are wrong, and it was just an average cop with a patrol rifle, who qualifies yearly for stationary shooting. Just as I’d prefer a rifle over a pistol, I can’t fault the choice of weapon.

Back
Top Bottom