Teasing myself, my AR-10 build parts list

Well the AR10 bolt carrier group showed up... still within their initian estimate, despite them scaring me with an additional year + wait. I only had one single round of 308 hangin around my house, and it fired it and locked back fine...

Since ordering the Tavor my glass funds are nil right now, so it'll be Irons for a while. I am ordering a front sight now.

Mike

Well the AR10 bolt carrier group showed up... still within their initian estimate, despite them scaring me with an additional year + wait. I only had one single round of 308 hangin around my house, and it fired it and locked back fine...

Since ordering the Tavor my glass funds are nil right now, so it'll be Irons for a while. I am ordering a front sight now.

Mike

I ordered this, good reviews and relatively inexpensive.. love Nikons.. was like a $100 off and came with the 1 piece mount... great deal, I've purchased several scopes here..

Nikon 4-16x42 M308 Riflescope

You better be ordering this.... [grin] or something like it..

Diamondhead HYBRID Flip-Up Front Combat Sight™|Diamond-Shaped Housing™|Iron Sight |BUIS|Flip-Up Sight|Round aperture

Mike

I just ordered a KAC micro front sight. I have one on my AR and I love it, and it's well tailored for BUIS (or really the primary sights until I have more money) work on a precision rig. Smaller front sight post, easily adjusted, windage and elevation adjustable in the rear.

Here's a pic of her so far...

Armalite upper and lower forged receivers
Armalite bolt carrier group
BCM gunfighter Charging handle
Noveske 60* safety
Geissele SD-E trigger
Noveske 16" Barrel
PWS FSC30 Brake
Midwest Industries Gen II SS free float (lightest I could find)
Magpul ACS-L "adjustable" stock (massified)
Ergo deluxe grip
Magpul polymer trigger guard
KAC Micro BUIS
"custom" ejection port door

Mike

Last edited:
I've been thinking of putting a weaver EMDR 3-15 on top of it as its already priced pretty competitively and they have a solid sale going on this month ($100 mail in rebate). I've heard only good things about this glass, the ONLY complaint seems to be no zero stops. Mil reticle/adjustments, front focal plain, illumination, beefy, great glass.

Since google censors firearms searches for shopping, anyone know any place that has good prices on glass? I am looking for 700 before the rebate.

Mike

I've been thinking of putting a weaver EMDR 3-15 on top of it as its already priced pretty competitively and they have a solid sale going on this month ($100 mail in rebate). I've heard only good things about this glass, the ONLY complaint seems to be no zero stops. Mil reticle/adjustments, front focal plain, illumination, beefy, great glass.

Since google censors firearms searches for shopping, anyone know any place that has good prices on glass? I am looking for 700 before the rebate.

Mike

I'm in the process of building a .308, and I landed my scope search on the same one. I haven't seen it for less than $800 before the rebate though.

Yea swfa had them a few months ago for like 720 they are asking 800 now. They do price match 110% so if you find it somewhere cheaoer it may be beneficial to go with swfa. Also keep me posted.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Well SWFA agreed to price match what they had quoted me a couple months ago, only to up the price when I actually called to place the order. I have to say I am a bit disappointed given their reputation for customer service, I even put the quoted price in the email I sent them and received a "no problem" response. Ugh, guess I'll keep shopping around.

Mike

Bit the bullet and ordered the weaver and an ADM recon mount with a 20MOA base. SWFA price matched me and it was about 750 shipped before the $100 mail in rebate.

Mike

Last edited:
Here she is done, the scope ended up costing me 620 with the discounts/rebates

20130521_190347_zps17ee9540.jpg

Mike

Armalite had told me late next year (2014) for the bolt carrier group. I harassed them weekly and eventually it was just sitting on my porch. Unfortunately I have ZERO ammo for it currently.

Mike

Armalite had told me late next year (2014) for the bolt carrier group. I harassed them weekly and eventually it was just sitting on my porch. Unfortunately I have ZERO ammo for it currently.

Mike

You wanna go out... come on over.... I got plenty of ammo... I can share enough with you to have some fun... We can go to Pioneer Valley.. I'll break mine out too..

^I had it with me at work today, shoulda stopped by to take a look.

I have a couple deals as part of trades in the works for some 308... the problem is I need RELOADABLE 308 or .308 brass, as I will be working up and almost exclusively using handloads.

PS without having shot it yet, that scope is ****ing awesome, and I only paid 620 after the rebate and with the mil discount. The glass is just as clear as my friends 2300 dollar Leupold. At 3X with illumination on it is suitable for use indoors, with one or both eyes open. I can read street signs EASILY at 250 yards. I could probably make out words 1/2" tall at that distance, I may test that theory later this week.

Mike

Last edited:
You're welcome to shoot it as much as you want... We can work out a time. I need to get at least a rough BZO on the glass and the irons. How long of a range do they have at your place?

Mike

The closest range to me is Pioneer Valley, it's 100 yds, it's like 2 miles from my house so I've been going there a lot. It's great for initial break in, not so much to stretch out the legs.. I also have a 308 laser bullet for sighting in initially... I usually use that at home and dial in at dusk on a spot here..

^I had it with me at work today, shoulda stopped by to take a look.

I have a couple deals as part of trades in the works for some 308... the problem is I need RELOADABLE 308 or .308 brass, as I will be working up and almost exclusively using handloads.

PS without having shot it yet, that scope is ****ing awesome, and I only paid 620 after the rebate and with the mil discount. The glass is just as clear as my friends 2300 dollar Leupold. At 3X with illumination on it is suitable for use indoors, with one or both eyes open. I can read street signs EASILY at 250 yards. I could probably make out words 1/2" tall at that distance, I may test that theory later this week.

Mike

Good to hear you like the scope so far. You got it for a pretty amazing price too. I'll wait a bit and see if if drops at all, but I'll most likely pick it up right near the end of the rebate period and get it for ~700 after the rebate. It sounds like it's still a great deal at that price.

Weighed the rifle at work. 8.5lbs without glass or bipod, 12.5lbs as pictured. For comparison my ar15 was 7.5lbs with eotech

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Had a bunch of milsurp ammo and shot it today. Nothing impressive with the mixed headstamp milsurp stuff, but with some of my buddies handloads we were able to get 1 inch groups pretty easily. I think with some more practice and better tailored loads, as well as a better shooting position and loop sling, this should easily be a sub MOA gun.

It cycled about 100 rounds flawlessly as well. The brake is loud if you forget to put your earpro in... VERY loud.

Mike

Just 100 yards. In July I'm going to make it out to a 300 yard range. Once I have some loads made up and decent dope I'd like to hopefully ultimately take it out to 1K yards.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom