1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Teachers allegedly told to favor black students in ‘racial equity’ training

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mikeyp, May 26, 2019.

1. mikeyp

mikeyp NES Member

"equal rights"

https://nypost.com/2019/05/25/teach...reat-black-students-as-victims-punish-whites/

In controversial “implicit bias” training, New York City’s public-school educators have been told to focus on black children over white ones — and one Jewish superintendent who described her family’s Holocaust tragedies was scolded and humiliated, according to firsthand accounts.

A consultant hired by the city Department of Education told administrators at a workshop that “racial equity” means favoring black children regardless of their socio-economic status, sources said.

“If I had a poor white male student and I had a middle-class black boy, I would actually put my equitable strategies and interventions into that middle class black boy because over the course of his lifetime he will have less access and less opportunities than that poor white boy,” the consultant, Darnisa Amante, is quoted as saying by those in the room.

“That’s what racial equity is,” Amante explained.

Mike Stanton likes this.

2. Radtekk

Radtekk NES Member

Insane people really ARE crazy.

3. kevin9

kevin9

Wish I could say her perspective is an aberration.

Mike Stanton and xjma99 like this.
  4. BigTimber

BigTimber NES Member

Meh, Public schools have been “focusing” on black kids my whole life, what’s new. At this point we should just see if taping a million dollar bill to thier birth certificates will help them unfvck themselfs. Probably not.

5. Varmint

Varmint NES Member

Once a liberal idea has proven a failure, they change the name. Affirmative action is now racial equity.

New name, but it still sets up minorities for failure sending them unprepared to engineering school, or creating racial bias when employers assume black candidates got where they are cause of government help rather than ability.

Mike Stanton, xtry51 and xjma99 like this.
  6. Varmint

Varmint NES Member

It's worse than that. Many successful people had hard lives - adversity makes you strong. Many successful blacks can attest to this, though affirmative action proponents will take credit for their hard work. But coddling kids and lying to them about their potential just sets them up for disappointment and failure.

Cowgirlup, xjma99 and KVX like this.
  7. BigTimber

BigTimber NES Member

So so true. When you know certain applicants have the bar lowed how can you help being suspicious of that demographic later on when you see them in their professional capacities. I hate thinking that way too. And It’s not fair to them either.

dingbat likes this.
  8. BigTimber

BigTimber NES Member

. The soft bigotry of lowered expectations.

9. Varmint

Varmint NES Member

I had an engineering class in college, think it was Thermodynamics. There was a minority kid who every test, the professor would make everyone stop immediately when time was up. But he'd let that kid keep working, and the kid would follow him to his office after we all left, so he could work some more on the test. He eventually failed out of school. Affirmative action set him up for misery and failure, wasting 2 years of his life. Maybe if someone wasn't constantly pushing him toward engineering, he'd have found a more suitable career by then.

10. Mountain

Mountain NES Member

That actually seems like it may have been more of a special needs case than a minority affirmative action issue. Your point is still valid- probably that was a wrong direction for him.

I have a pretty deep hatred for affirmative action, but it comes from more of a sense of fairness rather than an 'us vs. them' mentality. I am also quite passionate about putting the hammer down on discrimination, but only for those guilty of unfair discrimination. I'm quite thankful that over the years my workplace has become relatively diverse because the best candidates for the job may or may not fall within some sort of minority classification. At the end of the day, we can all respect one another's abilities and results.

xjma99, Bob P and Choctaw like this.
  11. xjma99

xjma99 NES Member

Affirmative action/racial equality = racism, period.

Simply uttering an unfavorable word that is still in common usage (but it’s just a word, so usage doesn’t matter) does not make one a racist.

Mike Stanton and ThePreBanMan like this.
  12. rep308

rep308 NES Member

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

For those under 40, google the phrase and read the damn book.

xjma99, Christian and Picton like this.
  13. Squire

Squire NES Member

MLK said no one should be judged by the color of their skin, it's an atrocity that 50+ years later Left-wing Statists are twisting those sentiments to mean that white people must be punished.

But if you convince people they are victims they will support your promise of restitution.

Democrats want votes.

xjma99 and Mike Stanton like this.
  14. SHOCKNAWE

SHOCKNAWE NES Member

New York? No surprise there. I expect this type of Bullshit with that state, California and Mass

15. Mike Stanton

Mike Stanton

Since Asians typically value Hard Work and Academic Excellence, they have discovered "Yellow is the new White".

Cowgirlup and xjma99 like this.
  16. Mike Stanton

Mike Stanton

I've also heard it called the RACISM OF LOW EXPECTATIONS

White Liberals, to their core, believe POC are inferior. That they have a difficult time controlling themselves; that they’re just not as smart as the White Liberal is.

That is why whether it is Academic or Employment, the White Liberal indulges in Affirmative Action. They refuse to let POC stand on their own merits.

In criminal matters, the White Liberal is even more reluctant to hold POC to the same standards that they apply to Whites. So those POC who are inclined to crime, are more likely than others to commit those crimes. Why not ? The White Liberal will make excuses for them.

EVERYONE should be held to the same standards. That was what MLK taught - a great AMERICAN HERO. Notice I did not qualify my praise by saying “A Great Black American Hero”. A White Liberal would say that.

And if following MLK’s teaching of equality means Harvard would have a 100% Asian Student Body - tough.

kevin9, xjma99 and BigTimber like this.
  17. xjma99

xjma99 NES Member