• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Teacher under fire for carrying 45mm toy gun around school campus

link: http://www.theindychannel.com/education/10060122/detail.html

Quote: "The paper reported that Hamblett said the toy gun strongly resembled a 45 mm gun."

WOW!!!!

A 45mm is a big gun!!!

45pstk37_1.jpeg

I want one for my kids...but I do not think I could carry it???

Last edited:
I know there is a lot of controversy about this...I do believe the 45mm will accomplish the one shot stop...How many of those will fit in a "clip" [smile]

“We need to look at any mitigating factors: how (the gun) was discovered, when it was discovered, how it was handled,” Hamblett said. “Rest assured, we take any threat seriously.”

My only question is this: What exactly was the threat posed by a toy gun possessed by a teacher?

I'm still waiting for an answer.

If we're going to start treating anything that invokes irrational hysteria on the part of some group as constituting a threat, then what about the kids who faint at learning that biology classes might include dissections? (I know, we've pretty much eliminated this or at least made it voluntary, resulting in a total lack of lab skills on the part of many so-called science majors.)

People like this are a complete waste of oxygen.

Ken

If you take the poll linked on that site, it's 85% that the teacher should not be fired, 15% that he should.

I was surprised it was so heavy in his favor.

I walked around school today with a Hilti powder actuated nail gun. I was instructing my students on proper use, and had them each complete an on-line evaluation for safety. I suspect that the Hilti is a LOT more dangerous than the toy "45mm", and, being a vocational school, not a soul had any problems with my equipment. I am curious, however, about how some would react to a realistic looking toy gun on my person...

Chris

Back
Top Bottom