• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

TD BANK JOINS FORCES WITH ANTI GUNNERS

If you find me a gun friendly (not that I really care) local bank that has everything BoA offers I'd definitely consider switching. That includes: free withdrawals from international ATMs, branches in all major cities, domestic ATMs that scan the checks/cash and give instant credit, free online bill pay / check mailing, protection from fraudulent charges, and scanning of checks through a mobile app. I haven't seen one that has the infrastructure that BoA does so it would be less convenient to switch.

Wow. I never even heard of some of these, let alone use them. I go to the bank once in a while if I need to cash a check. Otherwise, I just write checks to pay bills, or maybe for the occasional purchase here or there. I think I might have an ATM card somewhere, but don't use it to speak of. If it weren't to keep a checking account or to hold my mortgage, I'd have no use for the bank at all. I use LCU, by the way, and they have a great reputation.

Add this to the topic and it completes the reason;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K1IrDS4wdo&sns=em

As much as I wish Obama said that. He didn't. That video was heavily edited from a speech in Brussels. Here is the transcript:
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2014/03/26/transcript-obama-speech-to-young-people-in-brussels/

If you find me a gun friendly (not that I really care) local bank that has everything BoA offers I'd definitely consider switching. That includes: free withdrawals from international ATMs, branches in all major cities, domestic ATMs that scan the checks/cash and give instant credit, free online bill pay / check mailing, protection from fraudulent charges, and scanning of checks through a mobile app. I haven't seen one that has the infrastructure that BoA does so it would be less convenient to switch.

Lets see here.

-free withdrawals from international ATMs.
I have no passport so this is useless to me. Furthermore, when I was in Quebec a decade ago, I could still use my card as my bank automatically converted the money to CAD for that purchase.​

-domestic ATMs that scan the checks/cash and give instant credit
My bank does this for checks, not sure about cash. Moot point as I've never needed it.​

-free online bill pay / check mailing
My bank has this but I don't use it.​

-protection from fraudulent charges
I don't think you will find a bank in this country that doesn't have this.​

-scanning of checks through a mobile app
My bank has this and I do use it.​

I don't belong to a "big bank" either. I am with a NH based local credit union, NECU.

Last edited:
Maybe the Ammo and gun manufacturers dealing with the government should make them pay cash on delivery or even better no sales at all to Federal Gov't PERIOD!

local banks/ credit unions are where its at. It blows my mind how people still use these big banks.

TD bank sucks! They are horrible to the employees and that's why you don't see many that have been there years. They drive the experienced people out or fire them that have earned benefits like vacation time out and replace them with short timers that they don't have to pay as well.

Does the OP run a bonded warehouse? And complains about business practices? Holy balls.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. This guy complains about his bank dumping him while simultaneously making a living off of the misfortune of others. Sorry but I can't feel bad for him. I mean really - he is basically confiscating other people's firearms for a living.

I just dumped 3 accounts from them. When I was asked why I was leaving I said straight up " You do not support the second amendment so I will not support you."

On a better note when I went into my new bank I used my LTC-A as my second form of ID to open the accounts with the branch manager and he smiled and said that he would love to accept it as my second form of ID.

Then why do I still need to use deposit envelopes for DCU, and why can't I change my PIN?

Because some people don't like change. I have the DCU mobile app that scans checks and deposits them for me. Under a certain amount I get the credit pretty quickly.

Send me your pin, I'll change it for you ;)

I read a lot of progressive news sites, to keep my finger in the pulse as if were. I have seen a lot of complaints recently that conservative republicans especially libertarian leaning ones have no "constructive" ideas and just want to collapse the federal government. Well, yeah, look what they are getting up to! It is logically consistent with libertarian ideology to replace government programs with nothing, because that is the solution!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Operation "Choke Point" has been going on since 2011. While it may in fact be true that BoA and GE Financial are anti-gun, the Feds have been coercing them to be anti-gun (whether they want to be anti or not) since at least 2011.

Once the "big players" have been "threatened into compliance" then Obama and Holder will be able to start going after the smaller players.

Like I said in a post above, this is just the beginning.

Actually it started in 2009, Issa started bashing the DOJ over it in 2011

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. This guy complains about his bank dumping him while simultaneously making a living off of the misfortune of others. Sorry but I can't feel bad for him. I mean really - he is basically confiscating other people's firearms for a living.

This, the irony here stinks to high heaven. On the one hand you collude with government to profit since gun owners who have some kind of restraining order filed on them are now fair game for fleecing with your bonded warehouse practices, and then on the other hand complain about same government involvement affecting your business.

You have no ethical standing here to be mad. I suggest you quit now before everyone else figures out just how ironic and untenable your position is. How much do you profit from your collusion with local police departments when guns are confiscated and sent to your bonded warehouse? What are your fees? How hard do you rape people trying to get their guns back?

You serve a two headed snake. No surprise one of the heads has bitten you. I have no sympathy for you, even though I hate this operation choke point which is obviously highly motivated political targeting of businesses by the Obama administration.

My opinion is that bonded warehouse businesses are a racket and should be regulated or the whole system dismantled.

Last edited:
This, the irony here stinks to high heaven. On the one hand you collude with government to profit since gun owners who have some kind of restraining order filed on them are now fair game for fleecing with your bonded warehouse practices, and then on the other hand complain about same government involvement affecting your business.

You have no ethical standing here to be mad. I suggest you quit now before everyone else figures out just how ironic and untenable your position is. How much do you profit from your collusion with local police departments when guns are confiscated and sent to your bonded warehouse? What are your fees? How hard do you rape people trying to get their guns back?

You serve a two headed snake. No surprise one of the heads has bitten you. I have no sympathy for you, even though I hate this operation choke point which is obviously highly motivated political targeting of businesses by the Obama administration.

My opinion is that bonded warehouse businesses are a racket and should be regulated or the whole system dismantled.

A-freakin-men.

Op - you can tell the owner of your shop(because it's not him posting) to make like a tree and f off.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

You want some answers Lcstyle???

I've been patient with all of these false accusations about us being crooks/ and thieves with our bonded warehouse and that we are in cahoots with the local police departments. Well let me set the record straight. Yes we have a Bonded Warehouse here at the store. Yews we have fees for the storage of firearms. But please before you open your mouth badmouthing us please be sure to have all the facts. We get calls from local police departments that no longer have room to store care for firearms that have been seized for any reason. Mark works out a time when he can go down to pick up the firearms or the Police Dept. brings them to us. Once here they are cataloged and entered into our bonded warehouse where they are kept. Once they are entered we immediately send out a letter via certified mail letting the owner know that their firearms have been sent to us from the local P.D. for storage. Our Fee for pickup... $FREE. We charge a monthly fee of $10.00 a firearm. We do not charge for Ammo, Accessories, Black powder firearms or air rifles. If the owner of said firearms does not wish to pay the fees then he or she is also given other options. Included in the certified letter that we send out is the option for the owner to have the firearms transferred immediately to a family member or friend with a valid permit or they can choose to consign or sell the firearms to the Powderhorn and or send the firearms to auction. If the owner chooses to transfer the firearms and has a green light from the pd so that we can release them we are able to then transfer to whomever the customer chooses again as long as they have a valid permit. We do charge a fee for the time and paperwork involved in the transfer. If there is one firearm the fee is $40.00. If there are 2 or more firearms then the fee drops to $20.00 a firearm. That is how we run our Bonded Warehouse giving every possible chance we can for the customer to come out on top. If you still have issues with how we run things then please send me a personal message and we can try and straighten out our differences of opinion. And for anyone who has a bad experience with a bonded warehouse in the past I apologize and hope that no one thinks they were taken advantage of by our store.

Back
Top Bottom