TCR22 Rifle

How front-heavy does it feel? I thought that brake looked much smaller in the Manufacturer's photo. Looks good though.
Let us know its effect at the range...
~Matt

View attachment 246361 View attachment 246360 Just added a muzzle brake on the TC R22. Also added Williams fire sights to the Mark IV. What a difference those make.
How front-heavy does it feel? I thought that brake looked much smaller in the Manufacturer's photo. Looks good though.
Let us know its effect at the range...
~Matt

It adds about 4 inches to the barrel but its pretty lightweight.

Finally took the TCR22 out today. Targets are as follows: upper left: sight in target at 25 yds, Started low left and walked it in in 4-5 shots. Then slow fired 10 rds through the X.
Upper Right: 25 yds rapid fire 10 rds.
Bottom left: 50 yds 6 rds. Tried other 4 on gong at 175 yd for shits and giggles.
It was getting really buggy so I stopped there but the rifle performed flawlessly and the brake worked well too because there was zero adjustment between shots.
Gotta go back and work on the 50yd & 100yd groups preferably with my spotting scope in tow.

The mag wasn’t that hard to load. I found that you have to load the first round at a very shallow angle and it works easier. Definitely need some 25 rd mags though.

Attachments

• D916C9F5-A00B-48FA-9666-B7BEEC49F88C.jpeg
    D916C9F5-A00B-48FA-9666-B7BEEC49F88C.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 55
I finally got around to mounting a scope on the TC/R 22. I picked up a new Bushnell Trophy 3x9 40mm (Korean not Chinese) for only $40 on eBay last week. Seems like a pretty good deal. The 12" length is good for this rifle and Modkin medium profile rings allowed me to clear the rear sight and keep a 2-3" eye relief. Time to head to the range and zero it in.

IMG_0677.JPG IMG_0678.JPG IMG_0679.JPG

Bought one a few weeks ago from Four Seasons. 229.00 plus tax cash price. Bought a Vortex Crossfire II 3-9X40 scope but haven't mounted it yet as the Vortex Pro medium (.95) rings are backordered.

Took it out for the first time today. Put 100 rounds each of CCI Mini Mag High Velocity 40 grain round nose and Federal Champion 36 grain HPs (both copper plated) through it. Only had one Failure to Fire, that being the CCI. Reloaded the round, FTF again so it went in the dud box at the range.

Put a Splatter Burst target out at 25 yards and was hitting pretty much wherever I was aiming. There was a steel silhouette out at 100 yards that I hit consistently. This was done with stock sights and a fair amount of wind.

As for the proprietary magazine, I found that once I got the hang of loading it, it was easier than loading the Ruger magazines I have, plus I definitely like the bolt hold open feature it provides.

All in all, I'm very happy with my purchase. I look forward to getting the scope rings so I can mount the scope and put the rifle through the paces.

VOLQUARTSEN PART COMPATIBILITY

View attachment 364611

VOLQUARTSEN PART COMPATIBILITY

For those that like to modify their firearms, do minor upgrades.

The number one upgrade that I would recommend is a spring kit (lowers the trigger weight pull)

Many companies offer them. I went with MCARBO:

I like to take everything apart and tinker with the parts (within my skill level)

By doing so I can tell you that the extractor and firing pin appear to be made much better than a 10/22 comes with.

The extractor appears to be the quality of a Volquartsen or Kidd (so there isn't an upgrade for it)

The firing pin although better than a 10/22. Still is not as well made as a Volquartsen or Kidd.

(so I opted to put in a Volquartsen firing pin)

the same as I have for my 10/22TD, MKIV Competition & MKIV 22/45 LITE.

From using them in the past I have found the Volquartsen firing pin the be more reliable.

**UPDATE** 4/5/22

This is a fine riffle! I added a Boyd's custom stock and a Crimson Trace Red Dot.

One thing I will say is that it likes standard velocity! It does not like mini-mags or stingers!

Last edited:
I'm late to the game here, but has anyone figured out a way to mount tech sights on these? It appears the Marlin front tech sight will fit on the front end, but per Tech Sights will make the existing rear peep too low.

I think it will need to be some combo of the marlin front tech sight, and a pic-rail mounted peep. Anyone already make things work with a front post, instead of a fiber sight?

Or spend a bit and install a set of match sights
The TCR22 is drilled for front sight base. You could mount a front sight base with dove tail and install any dovetail style front sight or a globe sight ?

Last edited:
I personally like the older Thompson classic .22's.

... though there are some decent things about this new one also. Just don't like the looks.

Yes, I think you solved my problem. I will get a front ramp to dovetail base, and install the front tech sights, and install a Pic-rail to weaver adapter to mount the rear sight. Tech sights gave me all the dimensions that are pertinent to this problem and I think I can get everything lined up nicely.

Or spend a bit and install a set of match sights
The TCR22 is drilled for front sight base. You could mount a front sight base with dove tail and install any dovetail style front sight or a globe sight ?

$359, couple in stock at Shooters Outpost.

Did not know about the cleaning rod porthole in the rear+++

IMG_0335.jpg
The cleaning hole is definitely a plus

People take those apart? If it's a ruger 10/22 mag I thought everybody ran those for a million years and then just threw them in the trash when they stop working...... [rofl]
I haven't had to yet, but thought it would be good for reference. My main group of OEM mags have about a brick of .22 through each, maybe more as I'm not a round-counter.
They have not shown any weakening of feed or operation. The only reason I could see for disassembly is to clean the clear window panel of burned powder residue... [coffee]

Plus, I like knowing how things work and that little BHO lever intrigues me.

Back
Top Bottom