TC muzzleloaders

Thompson center is no longer going to make the Triumph or Impact SB muzzleloaders. Sad day.
Killed quite a few deer with my tc impact......paid $179 for it on a sale many years ago.

Wonder why they dropped that model its a solid and accurate muzzle loader for the money.

It was a sad day when they were bought out.
Those guys in Rochester were top notch.
I hunted for years with my Hawken and upgraded to an Omega a few years ago which I love.

It was a sad day when they were bought out.
Those guys in Rochester were top notch.
I hunted for years with my Hawken and upgraded to an Omega a few years ago which I love.

Both guns are "dead nuts" accurate. They still amaze me. My dad gave me the Hawken kit when I was 10 years old. We both built our Hawken rifles and had the barrels blued. He would always hunt with mine, because it was more accurate. Still have them, just don't shoot them anymore. (The cleaning process) The "Omega" is also unbelievable. Bought mine over 10 years ago. Not sure about todays "muzzleloaders" though. If someone has a used Omega in good condition, jump on it...

So what's the next best New England deer American made muzzleloader? Asking for a friend...
Buy a TC Hawken. You can get a replacement barrel for cheap.

You can buy every part for that gun on eBay. They are so good, I future proof it and have 3 locks, 2 barrels, an extra stock and 2 triggers.

From the best movie evah: "He was looking for a Hawken gun, .50 caliber or better. He settled for a .30, but damn, it was a genuine Hawken, and you couldn't go no better."

Both guns are "dead nuts" accurate. They still amaze me. My dad gave me the Hawken kit when I was 10 years old. We both built our Hawken rifles and had the barrels blued. He would always hunt with mine, because it was more accurate. Still have them, just don't shoot them anymore. (The cleaning process) The "Omega" is also unbelievable. Bought mine over 10 years ago. Not sure about todays "muzzleloaders" though. If someone has a used Omega in good condition, jump on it...
Both of them put plenty of meat in the freezer.
The fiber optic sights on the Omega are a joy for aging eyes.

I have one, lightly used , light target loads only ……considering letting it go

Thompson center is no longer going to make the Triumph or Impact SB muzzleloaders. Sad day.

I have the TC Triumph and I like it well enough. I have the camo finish and the finish is not very durable. I wish I got the stainless and Duracoated it myself. I am sad that they'll be discontinuing it though.

I'm not head over heels in love with mine, but it does the job well enough. I wish the scope mounts were a little more forward so I could get some more eye relief out of it too. Loads over 100 grains of BH 209 kick like a mule. The option for another inch of eye relief would be appreciated. I've got my scope as far forward as it will go in the rings.

I like the recoil pad. It helps.. I also like the fit. It feels like it fits a person my size very well.

But thi is how it goes... out with the old and in with the new and "improved"...

This reminds me I need to get some more power belts...

I started with T/C when the communists here made us buy the 56 cal smoothbore on the first muzzleloading season in MA ever, which was I think in the late 70's, maybe early 80's. I shot a doe right in the head with that thing at 50 yards patched round ball, and with the old blade sights. Took a few bucks as well. It was accurate for a smoothbore.

Upgraded to a White Mtn Carbine which I still have, and on occasion still hunt with a patched round ball out of. It shoots great.

Then, instead of buying a non break open inline like the Omega, I ignored the laws on break open for many years and went straight to an Encore, which I have a 20 gauge rifled barrel as well for deer hunting. It shoots fantastic. All three of them were great guns. The quality with T/C wood/metal firearms and the guys in Rochester were excellent. When Smith took over.....it went meh for me.

When my son started hunting I bought a cheap CVA break open, black stainless, so we could both hunt, it shoots awesome with powerbelts.

I never liked their new designs as they were a bit too much plastic for me, plus I skipped several generations of inlines, but you guys like them and I'm sure they are good.

I do miss the old T/C though...that's for sure.

From the best movie evah: "He was looking for a Hawken gun, .50 caliber or better. He settled for a .30, but damn, it was a genuine Hawken, and you couldn't go no better."

“This gun kill’t the bar that kill’t me”

“Hey Pilgrim, you skin griz?”

Top 10 on my lifetime movie list.

Sold my omega to a member here last year. Almost having seller’s remorse…..

I have the TC Triumph and I like it well enough. I have the camo finish and the finish is not very durable. I wish I got the stainless and Duracoated it myself. I am sad that they'll be discontinuing it though.

I'm not head over heels in love with mine, but it does the job well enough. I wish the scope mounts were a little more forward so I could get some more eye relief out of it too. Loads over 100 grains of BH 209 kick like a mule. The option for another inch of eye relief would be appreciated. I've got my scope as far forward as it will go in the rings.

I like the recoil pad. It helps.. I also like the fit. It feels like it fits a person my size very well.

But thi is how it goes... out with the old and in with the new and "improved"...

This reminds me I need to get some more power belts...
Hi PreBanMan,
Maybe you could find an extended scope mount, they make them for a lot of rifles, here's a Talley:

The Omega is getting loaded up today .
Muzzle loader starts Monday.
Loaned my omega to my brother for nh muzzleoader season and he took his first dee with it. I own the omega and 2 impacts for the family for Deer season. Have to say given the choice I grab my impact for the woods over the omega....equally as accurate as the omega......way lighter.....and the break open action is much easier to put primers on than the omega with cold hands and a scope on it.

Loaned my omega to my brother for nh muzzleoader season and he took his first dee with it. I own the omega and 2 impacts for the family for Deer season. Have to say given the choice I grab my impact for the woods over the omega....equally as accurate as the omega......way lighter.....and the break open action is much easier to put primers on than the omega with cold hands and a scope on it.
Never tried the impact .
The omega feels like a feather compared to the shotgun though.
Haven't put a scope on mine yet.
Those fiber optic sights are some sweet.
My buddy has scope on his.
This little deal is a big help with the caps.

1639270646900.png

Back
Top Bottom