• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Taylor Freelance Goliath +20 Glock Magazine Extension

Reptile

NES Member
This new Taylor Freelance product may look like just another magazine extension, however, it has a lot of interesting and innovative design features. The Goliath +20 aluminum Glock magazine extension is built to withstand extreme use, it is easily serviceable, it can be custom fitted to the magazine and it looks cool.

One of the most important design features that make the Goliath extension stronger is the way it is attached to Glock magazines. The metal liner in Glock magazines does not extend all the way down and the bottom portion of the magazine has no metal reinforcement. That unsupported portion and the plastic baseplate lips are what the magazine extensions normally attached to. It doesn’t sound to be the most robust attachment platform, does it? Taylor Freelance has fixed this issue by making the Goliath extension to extend further up than usual thus enclosing that unsupported lower end and getting fixed to the portion of the magazine where there is a metal liner. Robin Taylor, the founder of the company, demonstrates this feature in the video embedded below.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog...ent=2018-10-16&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

The +20 would not work well in a Glock pre ban 32 rounder but would be great for a fully metal lined G17 mag. I hope they make available a spring that could be for this +20 extension to go inside a FML G17 mag.

Kinda pricey. Why not just buy two factory 33rnders for not much more.

I know you could in Massachusetts.
If it's already pre ban you could make it any capacity you want.
Well this makes this an attractive item. But if I lived in a free state I would just buy an OEM 33 rounder.

Well this makes this an attractive item. But if I lived in a free state I would just buy an OEM 33 rounder.

Might be more reliable than a factory 33 but you'd have to test it.

One prob with Glock Factory 33s is it doesn't take much for bad stuff to start happening if they get even slightly gunked up.

-Mike

One prob with Glock Factory 33s is it doesn't take much for bad stuff to start happening if they get even slightly gunked up.

-Mike

I have a factory 33 round magazine, it was short money to buy here in NH

It does not like my G26.. several feed failures due to it not having enough support in the magazine well

It works fine in my G17, and it was a fun range toy, that got old quickly when you had to feed it/ reload it.

I would never use it as a carry magazine, even as a spare

I'd rather have 2 factory 17 round magazines, or 2 factory 17 round magazines with +2 base plates, even for range days

I should have explained, my use for something like this would be for 9mm carbines. In Mass, going rate for a preban G17 mag is what, 70-80 bucks? Plus the 70 for this still puts you well under the price of a preban 33 rounder.

His videos look like something from the early 2000's. This might be a fun gag thing the first time out. Then you realize it takes an entire box of ammo to fill it and it's not so fun anymore.

I picked up two 50 Round Drums for my G17 Gen1. Cost was $40 Each. These
add to my eight 33 round factory mags, two metal 30 round mags, and four
Factory 17 Round mags.

Malodave

Back
Top Bottom