1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Taxidermy services

Discussion in 'Hunting, Trapping, & Fishing Forum' started by gulfmp, Aug 1, 2013.

1. gulfmp

gulfmp NES Member

I recently when ocean fishing for the first time. I caught a very nice 36" striped bass. I know it's not a really a trophy length fish, but I wanted something to remember my first trip with.

I was told that taxidermy service use a mold and just make a copy of what you caught going by a picture. I know nothing about this stuff.

Can anyone educate me on this process, or recommend a place to go to?

2. boxerjake77

boxerjake77

I think you need some pictures of the fish, length and girth measurements. Then they will make your mount. Not sure how many still do skin mounts.

3. gulfmp

gulfmp NES Member

I did take the measurements before he went back in, just need some recommendations of a place to go to then if that's all I need

4. SuspectFailure

SuspectFailure

Where do you live?

5. Cerfur

Cerfur

Give a call to final image taxidermy in fallriver... He is a good friend and for the most part does only skin mounts however I know he is looking for some work right now and will likely do a replica..

Tom is the guys name 774 955 8407

1 person likes this.