• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Taxidermy Restoration

Mistakenly posted this in off topic the other day and got no traction. Trying again here.

Looking for a recommendation for a taxidermist who does restorations.

I inherited three mounts and two sets of antlers from my Grandfather. They are currently hanging in a spot that is pretty inaccessible and have been for 35 years. We will be taking them down soon and I need to figure out what to do with them. At best they will need a through cleaning, at worst they will need restoration. They can't even really be dusted where they are now so I expect them to be pretty grimy when we get them down. I don't know if there is any damage, but I am hoping that due to their location and the lack of people being able to touch them over the years they may be OK.

As you can imagine, these mounts have a lot of sentimental value to me. I'm not as worried about making them look perfect as I am making sure they are stabilized to last as long as possible.

Looking for someone on the north shore of MA or in southern NH or ME. Any recommendations are appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom