• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Taxidermist in the greater Boston area?

Beretta92FS

NES Member
Got a nice 8 point buck in Quabbin on Friday, and I'd like to do an euro style mount of the antlers.

Can anyone recommend a skilled solid and taxidermist in the greater Boston area? I don't want to destroy it by doing it myself.

Thomas at Final Image Taxidermy in Fall River did my 8 point shoulder mount last year...great job. It was my first mount and he took great care to make sure I got what I wanted. I got a pre-rut buck on opening day of archery, so the neck was smaller than any of the mount templates. He shaved down the template to fit. Stayed in close contact to keep me in the loop, and had it to me before Christmas! Before I met him he was a friend of a friend, and his reputation was being a perfectionist. The amount of care he took with my buck and his contact with me confirmed it. His number is 774-955-8407. Congrats on your buck!

Last edited:
Got a nice 8 point buck in Quabbin on Friday, and I'd like to do an euro style mount of the antlers.

...so you just want the skull and antlers right? If that's the case, you can EASILY do this yourself! What you can do is just bury it for 3 months, dig it up, wash it off...bleach if desired and put on your wall! Here's one I did this past year.....

Deer-European3.jpg

Thomas at Final Image Taxidermy in Fall River did my 8 point shoulder mount last year...great job. His number is 774-955-8407.

Thank you dukefan70 for this reference; Thomas did a great job for me too, I just got my mount back today and it looks great! Here is the result:

165030349.jpg

Back
Top Bottom