Tax return spoils

zape2eta.jpg

Asus G750JW, a 256gb SSD, and an extra eight gig of ram for it.

Sent from my barely functioning EVO running a horribly unstable beta of CM 10.3

Anyone else having trouble with the IRS.gov 'Where's my Refund'? I've been putting in my info for a week on and off and it cannot provide me any info "We cannot provide any information about your refund." I mailed it the beginning of Feb and now I'm getting concerned - the first time I had to fill out the AMT 6251 form - what a PITA.

I am one of the suckers who vaguely remembers what a refund feels like. Looking at a 39k$ bill instead. Uggg.

Anyone have extra they want to donate. I'll start a 501c 3. Oh wait. That might take a while.

I am one of the suckers who vaguely remembers what a refund feels like. Looking at a 39k$ bill instead. Uggg.

Anyone have extra they want to donate. I'll start a 501c 3. Oh wait. That might take a while.

Im in the same boat. Just bought a bunch of scratch tickets. [smile]

I'm only 19 so I'm buying as many guns as I can young. That way by the time I'm married there isn't much bitching about the purchase of a new toy. Good plan if you ask me as long as I save money at the same time

Wiped out a credit card. Within 6 months we will have most of our credit bills payed off and in a year just have a car payment.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I'm only 19 so I'm buying as many guns as I can young. That way by the time I'm married there isn't much bitching about the purchase of a new toy. Good plan if you ask me as long as I save money at the same time

So let me get this straight,you are 19 years old and you actually plan on marrying a controlling bitch ?

You might as well start saving up for a mini-van right now.

I am getting tyres for my motorcycle.

Last edited:
All my tax return went to:

Savings
Paying down credit card (wasn't very high)
Car (a LOT of it to tires and future rust repair)

I very badly want to buy the Model 36 I'm now obsessed with, that'll be my gun purchase. I've bought a good amount of ammo recently too.

Ended up getting a decent return for once. Paid for my mini vacation to Nashville for the CMA festival and the rest is going towards the house fund. Less than 90 days until my lease is up and no house yet. FML

I'm getting ****ed by $530 for having escaped to a free state.

Turns out if you escape MA mid year, your insurance company doesn't have to provide you a 1099-HC, but you have to provide a 1099-HC with your taxes or pay up. In my case, that's the difference between a $273 refund and having to pay $257.

At least I'm finally out of that ****ing frozen communist ******* of a state.

So let me get this straight,you are 19 years old and you actually plan on marrying a controlling bitch ?

You might as well start saving up for a mini-van right now.

I am getting tyres for my motorcycle.

no but with everything there is give and take. but there will be more financially important things when I'm married. don't get me wrong if i want a new gun ill get one. but when bills are due its harder to convince someone that buying a browning xs skeet or a lwrc ar was a brilliant idea. my current girlfriend loves shooting as do most people in idaho. so I'm not too worried about that anyway. but i figured hey I'm 19 may as well buy as much ammo and guns i want to since for the most part i don't have a terrible amount of bills'

Last edited:
I'm only 19 so I'm buying as many guns as I can young. That way by the time I'm married there isn't much bitching about the purchase of a new toy.

At the risk of getting philosophical....

If you _ever_ marry a woman who complains about you buying a gun you've made a huge ****ing mistake. That should be nothing you "get ready for" or "get used to." That's a highly disaster-laden mindset. That's like saying "I'm preparing myself to be emotionally abused by someone else." You're young so unfortunately, you probably don't know any better. Hopefully you will cross that bridge sooner than later. It's WAY too easy to "settle." Never do that. ever. If I knew at 19 what I know now at 34, I wouldn't have to learn what I did the hard way. Protip: all the people you hear about with the guys asking their wives for permission to buy a gun, and all the people you see with dysfunctional relationships with their spouses.... even though there is a lot of that in this world, none of that shit is normal or acceptable, Ever.

-Mike

At the risk of getting philosophical....

If you _ever_ marry a woman who complains about you buying a gun you've made a huge ****ing mistake. That should be nothing you "get ready for" or "get used to." That's a highly disaster-laden mindset. That's like saying "I'm preparing myself to be emotionally abused by someone else." You're young so unfortunately, you probably don't know any better. Hopefully you will cross that bridge sooner than later. It's WAY too easy to "settle." Never do that. ever. If I knew at 19 what I know now at 34, I wouldn't have to learn what I did the hard way. Protip: all the people you hear about with the guys asking their wives for =1permission to buy a gun, and all the people you see with dysfunctional relationships with their spouses.... even though there is a lot of that in this world, none of that shit is normal or acceptable, Ever.

-Mike

+1

I actually got a large refund this year. The wife went back to school full time for the last 18 months and that "adult learner" credit for full time student helped out. However.......most will go to bills and the bank but I am looking for a mosin (would be my first) as they are fun to shop for and a can of ammo for it. ALso I'll use some of it to invest in some lead. [smile]

Yeah, I went a little hoopy this year but I look at it as an investment. I bought them at the right price and can easily divest myself of them if and when I need to. The second FN 5.7 was a result of a GB bid I made after a couple of pops. I never thought the bid would live and had to honor my commitment. :(

Back
Top Bottom