• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tax Free Line at Four Seasons Today?

I went back and checked my receipt. You are correct. The $499 was the sale price, and showed as a 10% discount.
Yeah, I was headed down for the $450 price myself (would have been the lowest around) when I decided to call and make sure because I had run into that very problem (i.e., "10% off already reflected in ad prices") there before. Sure enough, they said that $499 already reflected their supposed 10% off sale. [thinking] That actually made MFS's regular price a little cheaper (at $489 for cash) and no long ride down to the South Coast. [rockon]

Shooting Supply is a good place for sure and I've bought plenty there, but I feel this was deceptive advertising. Their postings and e-mails should have made that pricing point clear. Glad I called and didn't take the long ride down there for nothing. [banghead]

Would you hit yourself in the thumb with a hammer for $50?

It's not the hammer that hits you... It's the bolt...

iu

You bought the Bolo he had for sale? I was in looking at it not that long ago and passed. Ended up getting another Luger and just keeping the other portion of money saved.
Ya it has always been on my list of want to have guns. And I have pretty much gotten all the guns on the list, except a C96 and a real nice WWII Luger. So now just the Luger remains.

I was tempted by the Shooting Supply $350 MK4 target. Great price. I really don’t need it. I’ve got a Mk2 with the fast takedown and a trigger job.

I was tempted by the Shooting Supply $350 MK4 target. Great price. I really don’t need it. I’ve got a Mk2 with the fast takedown and a trigger job.
I think that was the best deal in Eastern MA for tax-free weekend. [thumbsup] I was highly tempted, but then I thought about how many other .22's I already own and decided to save for something else. [thinking]

I bought a high priced used firearm at Four Seasons last Saturday, elected to do the sale yesterday to save tax plus Carl was giving an additional 5% discount on used firearms. So it saved me $281.25. I pulled in at 7:45 about 15 people in line. Store opened at 8, and I had done all the paper work online the night before. I was out of there about 8:45, so just like a typical there. No one was in line in the hall when I left.
I'm an employee at FS, I put that on hold for you last Saturday when you came in. Thanks for your patronage, everything seemed to run smoothly on tax free day....

On an $800 transaction, it’s about $50. Would you hit yourself in the thumb with a hammer for $50? Why would you do this.

But good for Carl.
The funniest part is most of the folks that shop fs are not spending $800 on a gun. They'll stand in that crazy line to save $25 tax on a $400 bread and butter handgun. I have WAY better things to do than put up with that tiny claustrophobic shop full of skinflints to save $25.

And??? Isn't that customary???? Or is a lower just a 4473? Given the disaster the FA-10 system is, what's the big deal. Suddenly it's "registered" and you don't have to worry about forgetting when you slap an upper on it.

And??? Isn't that customary???? Or is a lower just a 4473? Given the disaster the FA-10 system is, what's the big deal. Suddenly it's "registered" and you don't have to worry about forgetting when you slap an upper on it.
because that's not the way the system works. they listed caliber and barrel length on an unbuilt rifle/pistol. I could have it sitting for a decade and move to another state, a lower is simply a 4473....period

I hadn't thought of the pistol aspect. What did they list the bbl length at????

I do concur that it was over the top. But with the AG breathing down their necks, sometimes you go overboard.

Carl is a wonderful guy....but the place is too small, too crowded, and you feel like you are bothering people just asking about prices. I know he gets great volume discounts, but I don't mind paying up an extra $10 or $15 bucks to not feel like I'm at a jewlery store on Christmas eve.

Picked up an M&P 15-22, should be fun to shoot.
I bought a 15-22 at Four Seasons 9 years ago and met Carl that day. I was there with my son, who was 9 at the time. We made the drive up to buy a Ruger 10-22 because it was on sale and was to be my son's second rifle. His first was a Goldenboy that he got for Christmas the year before. (also from 4 seasons)
I was at the counter and had a new 229 when we noticed that the 15-22 was only a little more than the Ruger. Carl brought a NIB 15-22 out and laid it on the counter. I opened the box and was inspecting the rifle and my son's eyes lit up. I told the sales guy we would take it, and Carl smiled and nodded approval and said to my son " Shoot safely"
My nine year old son said " Yes Sir... Rule number 1 - always assume every gun is loaded. Rule number 2 - know your target......" and Carl patiently listened to this kid recite the rules. Then my kids say " and always keep your booger hook off the bang switch until you are ready to shoot."
Carl laughed and said "Great job" to my son, chuckled and walked away.
We still have that rifle and my son tells me that it was the gun that really made him enjoy shooting. He starts college in a couple of weeks and we don't shoot together as much as we would both like, but when we do the 15-22 usually comes along. It is just a hoot to take it to the range. I threw a Primary Arms red dot on it and it is a ton of fun and a great introduction into the AR platform for new shooters.

Four Season's is still the best gun store in the state and the bench mark that all others are measured against. They are hard to beat on new gun prices and even though you can occasionally find a better price somewhere, they are always fair and have a great selection. You will never get ripped off there. Yes, it is a small shop, but I don't care about that. I have never felt rushed and have always been treated respectfully through many transactions over the years. They are a great resource for gun owners in Mass and I will continue to do business with them as long as they are around. I hope someday to take a grandson or daughter to Four Seasons and my son can watch their eyes light up when they see their shiny new rifle.

because that's not the way the system works. they listed caliber and barrel length on an unbuilt rifle/pistol. I could have it sitting for a decade and move to another state, a lower is simply a 4473....period
The 4473 gets run as "other" instead of pistol or long gun, the state registration requires a caliber and barrel length to fill out the form....

Funniest day I had at 4s was ordering a Smith years ago across the hall. The only 3” fixed sight was a 65LS. I didn’t care. So Carl goes to look it up online.

“65”
“Yeah”

“3 in bbl”
Yeah

“Brushed stainless”
“Yeah”

“Ladysmith”
“Hot pink grips”

The entire shop went silent, the. Carl laughed. “We can see if we can make that happen.”

Still have the gun. Awesome trigger. Glad Carl was around when few were there to help back 15 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom