• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tavor: who has one or opinion

Not sure about that mounting mechanism but usually one side has a little play and then you tighten it down. Instead of sliding it on can you put one side on and and then "rock" it over the other side?

I don't know what I'm doing wrong here? The TangoDown stubby grip is here but I can't figure out to install it. It says "Fits all MIL-STD 1913 Picatinny Rails" but I don't see how it will physically fit on the rail? I thought the X95 has all "Picatinny Rails" or do I need some kind of mount?

View attachment 424814

It’s an extremely tight fit, I guess to prevent it ever loosening with age. I had to take off the forend, rest it on a cement floor, set the stubby VFG at the front, and smack it with a 45oz deadblow hammer a few dozen times to get it where I wanted. All while reinserting the grip chips every time they fell out. Be sure you have it oriented left/right the way you want — I had one odd grip out of my rifles and my type A demanded fifteen minutes removing and reorienting so they all faced the same way.

Not sure about that mounting mechanism but usually one side has a little play and then you tighten it down. Instead of sliding it on can you put one side on and and then "rock" it over the other side?

There are two models of TangoDown VFG attachments. This one has no tightening screw but little tan “grip chips” to hold down the picatinny interlocks while you slide it.

does this just work? it looks like yours is fixed to that size, not sure tho

i am sorry but i do absolutely hate what i just saw.
looks like a huge PITA to put it on and then to move around, plus, if you do not use bolts to make it solid tight on the rail - i do not like it.

also - a lower rail on tavor is plastic. it will not like hammering anything into it.

or mine:

Last edited:
i am sorry but i do absolutely hate what i just saw.
looks like a huge PITA to put it on and then to move around, plus, if you do not use bolts to make it solid tight on the rail - i do not like it.

also - a lower rail on tavor is plastic. it will not like hammering anything into it.

or mine:

I use the same vert grip you do, I love it and IWI had it in my hands 2 days after I ordered it

I don't know what I'm doing wrong here? The TangoDown stubby grip is here but I can't figure out to install it. It says "Fits all MIL-STD 1913 Picatinny Rails" but I don't see how it will physically fit on the rail? I thought the X95 has all "Picatinny Rails" or do I need some kind of mount?

View attachment 424814
If you take off the side plates will it work?

I use the same vert grip you do, I love it and IWI had it in my hands 2 days after I ordered it
I`ve got lucky on a gunbroker with mine - but - try to find this part

it truly changes the way this rifle shoots. i got both the trigger and trigger pack done, but, i think trigger was not that much necessary.
biggest benefit from the trigger was the screw to adjust gap/ free play - feels really nice. i got mine now to a 2.5# total pull weight - i like rifle trigger to be extra light.
bergara is at 2# sharp, this one is also comparable. it is a day and night difference from an almost 7# heavy stock one.

For those that ordered from Mako, did you experience significant delays hearing back on your order? Got the automated reply, but nothing since then. Tried emailing Addy and nothing...
Just wondering if you ever got your order? I have not heard anything since my initial automated response on Nov 3th. I emailed several times but have no Addy has not replied. Did you set up an account? I did not, just ordered via website but I did not see anything that said I needed an account. I was thinking of ordering from somewhere else but I don't want to end up with 2 of everything and no way of contacting for a return. Anyone have another email address or number other than the one that's on line?

Just wondering if you ever got your order? I have not heard anything since my initial automated response on Nov 3th. I emailed several times but have no Addy has not replied. Did you set up an account? I did not, just ordered via website but I did not see anything that said I needed an account. I was thinking of ordering from somewhere else but I don't want to end up with 2 of everything and no way of contacting for a return. Anyone have another email address or number other than the one that's on line?

I actually finally got it last week, but have to say it involved some of the worst communication/Customer Service I have experienced, especially considering these aren't cheap products.

Did you get an Invoice Number through your email following the order? If so, reach out to [email protected]. This was the person who finally responded to me. Not sure if it's helpful, but the box it arrived in also contained a telephone number 717-985-4488

I actually finally got it last week, but have to say it involved some of the worst communication/Customer Service I have experienced, especially considering these aren't cheap products.

Did you get an Invoice Number through your email following the order? If so, reach out to [email protected]. This was the person who finally responded to me. Not sure if it's helpful, but the box it arrived in also contained a telephone number 717-985-4488
Thanks for the info. I'll be emailing today and calling tomorrow.

Last edited:
It can handle it. I've added and removed this VFG from X95 lower rails six times without issue.
Agreed, I have an angled foregrip that I've taken on and off several times because I keep going back and forth on whether or not I like it (I think I settled on not liking it). The fit was so tight that it required a little gentle persuasion from a urethane hammer, I never felt like the rail itself was going to break.

Which grip did you settle on? I like the angled but that stubby ergonomic vertical looks nice too.
Not sure if you're asking me, but I tried the fab defense PTK VTS combo. I didn't mind the ergos of the grip but when I added the light and pressure switch it was really awkward to work so I just ditched the AFG and kept the thumb rest. Here's some pics of how I set it up now, it's much easier to work the light shooting strong or weak side.
PXL_20210103_003709785.jpg PXL_20210103_003803960.jpg

This one popped up on my GB saved searches this morning......not worth the asking and definitely not worth the Buy it Now.....but its a sellers market!

gunbroker is full of such things. but, there are always reasonable ones as well. i got my tavor from gunbroker, and quite cheaper than from most other possible places.
there is one in 9mm now as well, but, not too cheap. not sure why would anybody buy one of those, to be honest. but, whatever.

gunbroker is full of such things. but, there are always reasonable ones as well. i got my tavor from gunbroker, and quite cheaper than from most other possible places.
there is one in 9mm now as well, but, not too cheap. not sure why would anybody buy one of those, to be honest. but, whatever.

I got mine on GB and like you it was cheaper than buying it locally, I got free shipping and had the FFL swap out the free state mag for a Commichusetts one. That last part broke my heart but that's why we have prebans!

Here is a closeup of the old IWI foregrip/light holder attached to my X95.
Tavor Foregrip.jpg

It’s very convenient to use your off-hand thumb and the on/off push button on the back to turn the light on and off at will. You can lock it on using the lock button on the side. I use it with a Vulta FL-E25P Tornado flashlight. This flashlight works well in this setup because it has a momentary on tail button and the front bezel acts as a control ring to adjust the output and strobe mode. The grip comes with a short picatinny rail you can mount on the side to allow mounting a laser pointer or other accessory.

So the answer to the question nobody asked is No. The KCI AR15 100Rd Drum will not fit the X95. Booo.... Looks like I'm going to need to buy a Zion-15 so I can use my new drum. :cool::p
A magpul D60 Drum mag should fit. A bud of mine has it, says it works fine.

Guess what.....I finally got my optics from Mako! Ulisa dragged her feet for a few weeks but came through in the end with a 20% discount and 2 day shipping. Got to the range yesterday and the red dot....well triangle in case is great. Need to fine turn it and the 3X flip in....but I'll wait till it slightly warmer than a witches t!t.

Attachments

• PXL_20210122_192343171~2.jpg
    PXL_20210122_192343171~2.jpg
    716.9 KB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20210122_192329063~2.jpg
    PXL_20210122_192329063~2.jpg
    591.7 KB · Views: 18
Surprised you guys like the M21 optic. I have one and am not a fan. @quiller are you running a battery illumination on your M21? if so how do you like it? I’ve eyed it for a while but figured it just makes the setup too complicated. if it’s working out I will get one.

BTW these curved buttpads are best mod I’ve found for the X95 or SAR. Looks like @Zarathustra11 is running one.

Surprised you guys like the M21 optic. I have one and am not a fan. @quiller are you running a battery illumination on your M21? if so how do you like it? I’ve eyed it for a while but figured it just makes the setup too complicated. if it’s working out I will get one.

BTW these curved buttpads are best mod I’ve found for the X95 or SAR. Looks like @Zarathustra11 is running one.

To be completely honest, I've considered swapping out because the reticle is blurry at longer distances (not sure if it's just my eyes though), but it came with the gun when I purchased it and does the job. I have an Aimpoint PRO on my AR that I may swap out at some point, but for now it will probably stay.

To be completely honest, I've considered swapping out because the reticle is blurry at longer distances (not sure if it's just my eyes though), but it came with the gun when I purchased it and does the job. I have an Aimpoint PRO on my AR that I may swap out at some point, but for now it will probably stay.

my M21 has a large triangle reticle...not sure if they all have this reticle. For work inside 100 yards it’s acceptable but with any degree of holdover the Target is occluded by the reticle. It forces me to zero the rifle quite high which is annoying. a chevron would be much better. It explains why nobody else uses a triangle reticle.

my other gripes w the optic are the clunky housing and propensity for washout, which I thought was overblown but I’ve experienced it when shooting from a covered position on sunny day. So I said F it and put the M21 on my MPX where it seems suitable for 9mm distances. The SAR runs a holosun 503 with lower 1/3 mount and seems right at home.

Back
Top Bottom