• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tavor SAR - Mass. legal and on sale here

Thought I'd post this as a public service. These rifles are very popular at my local gun club. I also own one and they are outstanding rifles. I bought mine as NOS after an exhaustive search on the web and paid only a hair less than what they are selling for here: IWI US TSB16L Tavor SAR Semi-Auto .223/5.56 NATO 16.5" 30+1 Polymer Black Stk Black

Not sure if these are the older SAR or new x95 models. I own the older one, which doesn't 't have as nice a trigger as the newer x95's. But both are combat accurate and mine has been 100% reliable through approx. 1500 rounds. A really fun gun.

Thought I'd post this as a public service. These rifles are very popular at my local gun club. I also own one and they are outstanding rifles. I bought mine as NOS after an exhaustive search on the web and paid only a hair less than what they are selling for here: IWI US TSB16L Tavor SAR Semi-Auto .223/5.56 NATO 16.5" 30+1 Polymer Black Stk Black

Not sure if these are the older SAR or new x95 models. I own the older one, which doesn't 't have as nice a trigger as the newer x95's. But both are combat accurate and mine has been 100% reliable through approx. 1500 rounds. A really fun gun.

Biblical quote on the website? Pass. There are plenty of shops locally that sell these...

OP here. To respond to a couple of comments. To see lower price you have to add to your cart. Lower price is $1,489. I happened to link to the LH model because I shoot lefty. RH models also available (or were when I started thread). Finally, yes you will have to pay for shipping and an FFL to transfer. But you will not pay sales tax, which should more than cover the cost of shipping and transfer.

Also, just so you know, I have zero affiliation with the seller. I just happened to be on their e-mail list and saw what I know to be a great rifle at what looked like a very attractive price. If you have a local guy you like who has these in stock for as good (or nearly as good) a price - by all means use them. And yes, these guns are pricey (even at a reduced price) but how much is a used AR going to cost you in Mass.?

Plus they are a sh*t ton of fun to shoot. Even with a 16" barrel they are shorter than most SBR's. They are extremely reliable and stay very clean. They use AR mags. Most of the weight is in the back, so the front stays pretty light. I can honestly say there is not another rifle I can shoot as well off-hand. And they are one of the few rifles of this type that are still Mass. legal - so they have the added benefit of being a big FU to our beloved Maura.

The Tavors have been heavily discussed on NES already, and I think most agree it's a good rifle. I personally just don't want to learn another pattern, I'm used to the AR pattern. Would rather save the money toward a SCAR, MCX or a fun 9mm carbine like the MPX or Scorpion EVO.

My understanding is IWI will be ceasing production of the SAR. It will eventually become something of a commodity. Personally if looking for a shooter i would just go w the x95. Those of you who think $1800 is overpriced for a tavor are out to lunch. It out performs rifles that are far more expensive and is by far the finest modest production bullpup. It is retardedly reliable with an excellent long strong gas system. They are not sub MOA rifles but w correct load are plenty accurate.

god forbid, thankfully you're not a fully muslim convert to, that might suit you better

I don't read the bible. Fairy tales are for children who don't know any better. I feel sorry for adults who think they can't get through life without guidance from some imaginary thing in the sky that doesn't exist.

I don't read the bible. Fairy tales are for children who don't know any better. I feel sorry for adults who think they can't get through life without guidance from some imaginary thing in the sky that doesn't exist.

Show me where the bad religious man touched you?

I would just like to comment on this post. Under this logic I am also a FOOL!
I have been said fool for 50yrs and it hasn’t failed me yet!

I hate to tell you...it hasn't actually helped you one bit either. Fantasies are fun though

Back
Top Bottom