• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tavor 7 ETA?

Brewer

NES Life Member
NES Member
Any idea when we're expecting these pups in Mass, or even in free states? Got cash standing by and it's starting to hurt. Can't find anything except SHOT Show footage.

They came out with an update 2 weeks ago.
Can’t remember the new time frame.
The notice was posted on IWI website if I recall.
End of 18 maybe.

Resurrecting an old thread. Anyone have any updates? I know they were delayed.
Some talk at Bullpup Forum. Aug 15:
adoloris said:
I called IWI, US CS today and spoke with a rep to inquire about Tavor 7 availability. He said that the 7 was delayed until end of August due to metallurgy inconsistency with the chrome lining adhering to the barrels and with parts arriving from US manufacturers for 922(r) compliance. You would think that IWI in Israel had mastered the Chrome lining technique after so many years of production...I hope that QS on this platform is ok since this civilian market is the only initial release of this new weapon system which has not been developed (MIL Spec) and battle tested with the IDF. There are currently no other prospective customers for the Tavor 7 other than the US civilian market at this time!
And Oct 5:
thehun said:
So I contacted IWI about the T7.

They simply just stated that the production model did not meet their accuracy goal...they stated right now there is not a release date yet to announce.

sad.gif

At least they aren't releasing the product until it meets their quality standards.
boscoman said:
A rep told me that all the barrels went back to Israel.
Hopefully will be solved quickly. Not holding my breath, but hoping both soon & accurate.
I didn't realize this was a civilian release first with later LEO/military use. Tavor is proven for 20 years but they've changed a lot for 308. With all these delays due to metallurgy and accuracy kinks, I might just wait until the first six months of reviews are out.

Source: Tavor 7. So when?

one cannot have a product both rushed to market and have high QC. it's worth deciding what's most important. personally I credit IWI for holding off on getting the tavor 7 to market if it isn't up to their standards. do you think Sig Sauer would prioritize product quality over making $20?

Last edited:
i will be jumping on the band wagon on one of these also. Always loved the bullpup design. Also feel i need to get one before Mass bands all semi auto "mil style" firearms.

IWI marketing's Jeremy Gresham said the models they received were shooting 2MOA, sent them back with the goal of 1MOA. That would be slick but now projecting March 2019.

Also X95 SBRs are now shipping.

[QUOTE="Brewer, post: 6081610, member: 63832"Also X95 SBRs are now shipping.[/QUOTE]
They should just copy Manticore/Rat Worx, make a non-SBR integrally suppressed X95 (in 9mm and .300 Blackout).
manticore.jpg

IWI marketing's Jeremy Gresham said the models they received were shooting 2MOA, sent them back with the goal of 1MOA. That would be slick but now projecting March 2019.

Also X95 SBRs are now shipping.

Saw this pop up in one my emails:

https://www.alloutdoor.com/2019/03/...ent=2019-03-02&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

IWI Tavor 7 Status Update
Still no ETA.
Posted 3 days ago in Shooting by Dickson with 11 Comments

Update 2.28.19

We took 3 rifles out for endurance testing.

Accuracy was checked at the start. 3 groups per rifle average around where we wanted it shooting off a lead sled , 168gr Gold Medal Match, Nightforce, Vortex, and Leupold scopes where used.

The goal was 20K through each gun under a controlled specification. At the end of a firing iteration the rifle was cooled and the firing sequence would begin again.

The Good:
Accuracy was were we wanted it. Much more consistent from where we started.

The rifles ran with no issues. I witness this first hand and my shoulder can speak to it. Over 3 days in cold and wet conditions I had ZERO failures.

The Not so good
A part was wearing abnormally which at that point we stopped to address the issue. Can’t speak to it but at this point we stopped testing. This is protocol per how testing is defined. The team from Isreal was here for the testing and will make corrections. Then we will go at it again.

Closing:
Here in the states I’d say I’ve got more rounds through a T7 than anyone. It’s a battle through and through. They just keep chewing up and spiting out 308. The accuracy has improved from the start. I have full faith that the engineering teams will get us right the best we can. To everyone that’s going to ask…… How does this impact my timeline? Uncertain. What is certain is we are committed to providing the best possible product we can.

Great update and sounds like a good testing/development process. I’d rather they take time to get bugs out rather than use us as beta testers.

Shot my X95 w/Giessele trigger, curved buttplate and Sig Romeo 5 at Harvard yesterday. Standing at 50 yrs and no complaints, I benched it at 100yds and the rifle is much more accurate than I will ever be. The .308 version should be intersting, I'll stick w/.223 but I'd love to handle shoot a .308 version.

Back
Top Bottom