• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tavor 7 availability?

John2006

NES Member
I know IWI announced this almost two years ago, but does anyone know if it’s out there yet and shipping? A quick google search reveals many folks have it listed but no one has it in stock...

I don't know if they are shipping yet, I cant find anything on them shipping yet, but I know when IWI US got them last yearish, they said they didn't meet the standards that American gun owners would expect, so they sent it back to R&D to get some issues worked out. (If I remember correctly, the "issue" was the guns where made to shoot Israeli Mil Spec, 5" at 100 yards) They also said they wouldn't be released until that issue was fixed.

Reading the most recent article -- no ETA, working on resolving an unstated "issue", per IWI's Tavor 7 Facebook Group:

Director of Sales and Marketing at IWI USA said:
The Good:
Accuracy was were we wanted it. Much more consistent from where we started.

The rifles ran with no issues. I witness this first hand and my shoulder can speak to it. Over 3 days in cold and wet conditions I had ZERO failures.

The Not so good
A part was wearing abnormally which at that point we stopped to address the issue. Can’t speak to it but at this point we stopped testing. This is protocol per how testing is defined. The team from Isreal was here for the testing and will make corrections. Then we will go at it again.

At this rate the TS12 might be out before the 7!

Last edited:
They’re finally out. Anyone happen to find a review or pick one up already?

I went looking for this thread because I noticed one at my LGS this morning. I picked it up and my first impression was WTF this is heavy, it has to weigh 10 pounds. It feels very raw and the trigger was abysmal, gritty and a crappy break point. At $1,900 they clearly have the price point nailed but it still doesn't seem like a good value even at that price.

It feels very raw and the trigger was abysmal, gritty and a crappy break point. At $1,900 they clearly have the price point nailed but it still doesn't seem like a good value even at that price.
I expect Geissele will come out with a trigger pack for the 7 (their current Tavor/X95 pack is incompatible).

Sadly, IWI was unable to tune for accuracy without sacrificing reliability, stating "we have come to the conclusion that the Tavor 7 will not get the accuracy of 1.5 MOA that we set out to get. Overall the weapon system as a whole was never designed in a way to achieve this 1.5MOA. It was designed to shoot minute of man on today’s battle fields with a high degree of reliability. In the last update I posted we got it down around the 1.5MOA but we gave up too much in other areas so that simply wasn’t the answer. ... In conclusion it’s a solid weapon system for what it was intended"

So with the trigger pack, that's +$2K for a rifle that'll maybe get 3MOA. With that kind of accuracy, might as well wait for the Tavor 12!

Too bad... I was looking forward to this rifle.

Did Tavor ever ship their high capacity shotgun product?

I expect Geissele will come out with a trigger pack for the 7 (their current Tavor/X95 pack is incompatible).

Sadly, IWI was unable to tune for accuracy without sacrificing reliability, stating "we have come to the conclusion that the Tavor 7 will not get the accuracy of 1.5 MOA that we set out to get. Overall the weapon system as a whole was never designed in a way to achieve this 1.5MOA. It was designed to shoot minute of man on today’s battle fields with a high degree of reliability. In the last update I posted we got it down around the 1.5MOA but we gave up too much in other areas so that simply wasn’t the answer. ... In conclusion it’s a solid weapon system for what it was intended"

So with the trigger pack, that's +$2K for a rifle that'll maybe get 3MOA. With that kind of accuracy, might as well wait for the Tavor 12!

I feel like nobody at IWI sat back and asked themselves, does anybody want a 308 bullpup with all of the associated bullpup issues.

Back
Top Bottom