• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Taurus PT111G2

Hi all,
I was told that dealers can not
Sell this gun in MA unless they were a dealer prior to 1998, but the gun is legal and can be purchased out of state? I’ve seen great reviews on this and it’s definitely bigger friendly, any help with this would be appreciated.
TIA

I owned the PT111 1st gen and it had a terrible trigger, sold it a long time ago. I bought it from a MA FFL just a week or two before the 1st EOPS List came out, which would not have allowed him to legally transfer it to a MA resident. I also had a 30 minute conversation with the VP of Taurus who told me that after his legal team met with our AG's legal team, Taurus decided NOT to knowing allow any shipments of any Taurus guns into Mass, period! It was a cordial discussion about a**h***s in politics playing games with mfrs and dealers and Taurus wasn't about to play that game.

TTBOMK I believe that is still Taurus' policy. In general it's no great loss as Taurus isn't known for the highest quality firearms.

Info you reeived is wrong. EOPS List requires any gun made after 10/21/1998 must be tested (usually by the mfr), submitted and approved by EOPS, printed in the quarterly issued roster AND meet the AG's regulations (CMR). Only exception to the EOPS List is if that gun was in Mass on 10/21/1998, it would thus be grandfathered. All are legal to own, buy/sell between private parties but MA Dealers can't transfer them per MGL.

I owned the PT111 1st gen and it had a terrible trigger, sold it a long time ago. I bought it from a MA FFL just a week or two before the 1st EOPS List came out, which would not have allowed him to legally transfer it to a MA resident. I also had a 30 minute conversation with the VP of Taurus who told me that after his legal team met with our AG's legal team, Taurus decided NOT to knowing allow any shipments of any Taurus guns into Mass, period! It was a cordial discussion about a**h***s in politics playing games with mfrs and dealers and Taurus wasn't about to play that game.

TTBOMK I believe that is still Taurus' policy. In general it's no great loss as Taurus isn't known for the highest quality firearms.

Info you reeived is wrong. EOPS List requires any gun made after 10/21/1998 must be tested (usually by the mfr), submitted and approved by EOPS, printed in the quarterly issued roster AND meet the AG's regulations (CMR). Only exception to the EOPS List is if that gun was in Mass on 10/21/1998, it would thus be grandfathered. All are legal to own, buy/sell between private parties but MA Dealers can't transfer them per MGL.

Thanks for the info Len! Yea I know Taurus isn’t known for terrific quality I was just reading and watching videos on the G2 it was getting great feedback, figured for that price I could add it to the toybox.....I might take a ride to NH and check one out for kicks.

Joe

Back
Top Bottom