• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Taurus G3C 9mm semi will constantly dry fire.

I put a few rounds through one and it impressed me.
I wouldn’t try to put 10,000 rounds a year through it shooting one in competition, but I’d have no issues with it as a range gun or a house gun if that were all someone could afford. You’d be better off spending $300 on the gun and $200 on ammo to practice than $500 on a gun and not practicing because you don’t have any money left for ammo.

Do you have a full auto sear in your taurus?

That's literally like putting nos boosters in your 98 ford taurus

Lol trust me nobody is buying something they don’t want. Good luck getting people to stop brand shitting, it’s institutional.

There’s plenty of brand shitting on NES some of it well deserved some just generic... More choices are good, even if some of them come from perpetually shitty manufacturers, like Taurus. It is a great time to buy a handgun with all the choices available in the market. Guns like the G3, and G3c give more choices.
This....on every gun, bow, car, boat, etc, etc website..........if there are brands there are people that will shit on them without even trying them or because one of their friends say they suck.

I keep an open mind, do some research, let the chips fall where they may. Most of the time that has served me well. More choices are good. Especially when it comes to guns.

We need to work on our analogies a bit.

Primary chute:
View attachment 511474

Reserve (backup) chute:
View attachment 511476
Aren't those both backup chutes for this:
iu

Taurus? New innovative products? Like what? The "curve"? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I mean.....for f*** sake.....how could anyone buy a gun from a company that actually made this f***ing abortion?1?1
Innovative as in new different models , not the same regurgitated 40 year old design that Glock keeps recycling over and over again year after year

Unlike the “hey let’s remove the finger grooves and call it a new gun” ,” hey let’s put the finger grooves back on and change the recoil spring and call it a even newer gun” shit Glock pulls every few years

I’m not a fan of Taurus or Glock and I don’t own either one , but I can give credit where credit is due , Taurus puts more effort into expanding their business and offerings these days than Glock ever has , glock is stagnant and has been for decades

Innovative as in new different models , not the same regurgitated 40 year old design that Glock keeps recycling over and over again year after year

Unlike the “hey let’s remove the finger grooves and call it a new gun” ,” hey let’s put the finger grooves back on and change the recoil spring and call it a even newer gun” shit Glock pulls every few years

I’m not a fan of Taurus or Glock and I don’t own either one , but I can give credit where credit is due , Taurus puts more effort into expanding their business and offerings these days than Glock ever has , glock is stagnant and has been for decades

I think Taurus puts most of their effort into replicating competitors models than they do on their own ideas. At least that's what they used to do 20+ years ago. I sort of lost touch with the guns Taurus was making as I simply wasn't interested in them, and most places in MA didn't sell them so I never really came across any. And, they are not exactly a brand you would go to any effort to seek out.

But, if you walk into your local gun store and they have them sitting there for cheap money, how do you not ask to fondle one?

I mean... Taurus.... seriously?
You have to push both of these levers to open the cylinder. What in the unholy f***?
Only Taurus could f*** something up this way.... [rofl]
De0zexQWkAE4Z2z.jpg

FWIW, the beretta manual says the same thing about the 92FS.
Yeah. Well wait until after about 4,000 rounds when the slide comes back and slams into your frontal cortex and kills you, buster! ;)
The "FS" in "92FS" denotes "Frontal Cortex-Safe™".

Last edited:
I have a G2C that surprisingly shoots great and hasn't had an issue once. Came to me as a throw in from a trade. However, I don't trust it enough to carry and depend on. G19 usually comes instead. Terrible feeling to have haha

Older guns, their revolvers and 1911's I would not buy.

You've obviously not shot the g3 or g3c......good guns and ergonomics and run well. I believe they are made in USA in Georgia now as well.
U.S.-made in Bainbridge, Georgia for g3-g3c-------I dry fire every day with mine and have no issues--cheap practice
Like it says in my info---could not afford a Sig. etc. so I did a lot of reading and listening--found that after shooting the g3c in Dracut---That was for me and the price was right
I take very good care of my weapon and it fires true ---after about 500 rounds of Winchester white box and also Fed--124 Punch--knock on wood no tap and racks YET !!!! I'm very happy
with the Taurus g3c for now!

Not sure about the Taurus but I have some firearms that function like that. (Can continuously pull trigger without racking the slide)
(I just can't remember what firearms they are)
Not sure "dry firing" with live ammo is a thing lol
Dry firing with live ammo, is not dry firing.

Just wanted to drop my 1.5 cents on the table for the Taurus hatred. 30 years ago, or more, I had a PT92. Never had a problem with it. My brother on the other hand had a Beretta that he named "Stovepipe". That being said, I have kept an eye on Taurus products because of the number of complaints against them regardless of their cost. After reading our resident Flexxers comments I went online to look up how Taurus was doing lately. It wasn't good.... Of the hundreds of complaints that I read it was close to a 50/50 split of never worked to begin with and broke within 6 to 10 rounds. Surprisingly it also included TX22's and G3"s. I also read there that Rossi's and Heritage Arms go there for warranty repairs. So basically that knocks 3 manufacturers of of a list of reliable firearms, or I should say a list of affordable reliable firearms. My biggest Heart breaking discovery of my research was that......... The Flexxers were righ,,, righ,,, righ,,,, awwww Dammit. The Flexxers were rite. :( [pot]

Just wanted to drop my 1.5 cents on the table for the Taurus hatred. 30 years ago, or more, I had a PT92. Never had a problem with it. My brother on the other hand had a Beretta that he named "Stovepipe". That being said, I have kept an eye on Taurus products because of the number of complaints against them regardless of their cost. After reading our resident Flexxers comments I went online to look up how Taurus was doing lately. It wasn't good.... Of the hundreds of complaints that I read it was close to a 50/50 split of never worked to begin with and broke within 6 to 10 rounds. Surprisingly it also included TX22's and G3"s. I also read there that Rossi's and Heritage Arms go there for warranty repairs. So basically that knocks 3 manufacturers of of a list of reliable firearms, or I should say a list of affordable reliable firearms. My biggest Heart breaking discovery of my research was that......... The Flexxers were righ,,, righ,,, righ,,,, awwww Dammit. The Flexxers were rite. :( [pot]

From what I've seen, many Taurus guns have earned their reputations. But I do wonder, because of that poor rep, do some people have break-in issues and just caulk it up to "this piece of sh*t Taurus, I should have known better!" and give up? For instance, my P365 was tight out of the box and did have a couple failures to return to full battery my first or second time out with it, but after that, it has been flawless. I worked through it because I just assumed "break-in", but is Taurus afforded that same luxury?

I'm sure that map is "distance to" and not "minutes to." Because the SouthCoast section looks like BS. The 413 section - you wanna not have to drive for groceries. . . . DON'T LIVE IN THE 413!

I have a G3C and have put 2400 rounds through it, and have shot just about every brand ammo out there, both brass and steel, both fmj and hollow point without one malfunction no failure to feed, no stove pipes, no soft primer strikes, it has run flawlessly, and has eaten everything I put through it. It's accurate, feels great in my hands (better than my Glocks), and is fun to shoot. It was a little flippy due to the 3.2 inch barrel, but I installed a Lakeline threaded barrel and compensator wich mitigated that issue. It shoots and functions just as good if not a little better than my G19 and 17 (wich I have had stove pipes and failure to feeds with both). Granted I have never packed it full of dirt or mud to see if it still functions, but I've never done it with my Glocks either. I do know Glocks dont like blue glitter (Demolition Ranch)🤣🤣🤣. To each his own, everyone has their favorite brand/gun and I'm not saying this gun is my favorite but for the money its damn good, and with swapping my Holosun 507c over it has recently become my edc, and I do trust it with my life, as it has never let me down. I take it out and put 100-200rds through it every weekend, the day it has even 1 malfunction, I may reconsider but for now I'm good!
As far as dry firing goes I also run a spent casing with primer removed, I use a hard rubber o-ring and shove it down into the primer well then cut flush with a razor blade.

You are correct---I stand corrected---sorry--I still love the weapon!
No sweat, I do too, even more so than my glocks! Here's mine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220109-113154_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220109-113154_Gallery.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
From what I've seen, many Taurus guns have earned their reputations. But I do wonder, because of that poor rep, do some people have break-in issues and just caulk it up to "this piece of sh*t Taurus, I should have known better!" and give up? For instance, my P365 was tight out of the box and did have a couple failures to return to full battery my first or second time out with it, but after that, it has been flawless. I worked through it because I just assumed "break-in", but is Taurus afforded that same luxury?
Nope people just talk shit, including those who have never fired one.

I bet a lot of that happens now, but most likely due to some very real trust issues from the past:

View: https://youtu.be/2fn6GFSwTEw?t=14

That gun didnt come like that from the factory or atleast shouldnt have. My guess is a lack of cleaning has gummed up the striker block allowing the firing pin to make contact without a trigger pull, or the owner f***ed something up when feild stripping, or modifying something internally, but I'm no gunsmith and maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in. It would also be nice if I understood what they were saying in this video. I've basically tested my G3C for drop saftey, hitting it on plywood pretty damn hard simulating a 4-5ft drop every way imaginable with one in the chamber and the barrel pointed in a safe direction of course, and cant get it to fire. I can shake it till my eyes cross and I dont get the result shown in the video. The only issue I've heard regarding Taurus and faulty firearms were with their revolvers, or owner neglect.

Back
Top Bottom