Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

Hey all,

My name is John Bates.

I recently moved to Taunton and am in search of a nearby club to join. Did a little research and came across TRPC! Seems like it has everything I’m looking for (and more) so, I’m excited!

I’ll be submitting an application within a few days, but wanted to at least introduce myself here first so the board (and club) members can see that I have positive feedback from good people within the 2A/NES community. The primary reason being that I don’t have any board/club members to sponsor/vouch for me on the application form 😅 hoping you guys will accept an application from some “Joe” nobody knows haha.

Just a little background info I spent 12 years in the Army, actually the last unit I was in was the 338th EN CO located at the reserve center in Taunton, off of hon. Gordon m Owen Riverway down the street from the high school…Deployed to Kuwait and Iraq in 2015, nowadays I’m fully invested in my career in biotech, manufacturing pharmaceuticals, lab science type stuff…

Anyways, looking forward to (hopefully) becoming a member and seeing you at the range!
Stay safe,
John
Sponsor is not needed anymore, just leave it blank [thumbsup]

Casual person on person steel plate match this Sunday, narrow 100 yard range. Same specs as in May, and previously - 5 round steel targets, shoot in any order so long as the red 'STOP' plate on the extreme right is last. Any centerfire handgun, any sights. Bring some good humor, this isn't a national level match.

appropriarete

I may attend, but only if I can bring my shitty attitude and a pcc in .40
Please, please bring a shitty attitude. As one
I may attend, but only if I can bring my shitty attitude and a pcc in .40
Oh, you! You [and all!] are welcome to bring any manner of attitude other than 'happy'. Just keep that to yourself / your selves, respectively.

As this is the out door range, and we will be ringing steel ... if you want to have fun, bring something. There have been 'side' ... I really don't want to say 'matches', as no scores were recorded.
Just remember - no asshats.

Yes, this is correct - NO ONE NEEDS A SPONSOR. So long as one has an FID or LTC, that supplants the 1960's era requirement of 'yeah, I know that guy.'
LOL. Fair enough.
You can download the application and simply drop in the mail per the instructions
Easy-peasy
Yup, I'll get it mailed out. I talked to Bender about a visit, and I'll try to come up in the next few weeks. Q3 2023 is what the website says for current applications, so I'll have some time to wait.

Thanks to both of you for the info.

Casual steel plate match this Sunday, narrow 100 yard range, starting at 10AM. Same as always. Anyone other than Shawn can leave the negative attitude behind. Bring some water. There will be water and cover available. If you've never tried a plate match, this is a very low stress way to try things out and see if they agree with you.

Edit - we had 114 runs by 1 pm!!

Last edited:
Just opened up the renewal notice. Maybe I have missed it in years past but it was nice to see a short blurb asking gun owners to educate themselves on politicians and their stances on the 2A
Well, you've got an anti as your profile picture...and as this doesn't pertain to the Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club...would you please exercise your time elsewhere?

Well, you've got an anti as your profile picture...and as this doesn't pertain to the Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club...would you please exercise your time elsewhere?
Wtf are you talking about it doesn’t pertain to the TRPC? It’s literally contained in the renewal notice I received. [rofl] Get the stick out of your ass. Nobody appointed you gatekeeper of the thread.

C5799DAD-4DF0-4400-9605-3B87CC8970EB.jpeg

Casual steel plate match this Sunday, narrow 100 yard range, starting at 10AM. Same as always. Anyone other than Shawn can leave the negative attitude behind. Bring some water. There will be water and cover available. If you've never tried a plate match, this is a very low stress way to try things out and see if they agree with you.

Edit - we had 114 runs by 1 pm!!
Oxymoron alert.

Quick, late update on the construction -

If you've been in the clubhouse in the past 10 days, you'll notice the bathrooms are gone. They should be back in a few more weeks.

Back wall of the West range has been removed. The demo crew had "fun" getting through the 10" of properly poured, reinforced concrete.

Please ping me if this link doesn't lead to an album with a few photos and two short video clips.

View: https://imgur.com/a/HrULbLV

It appears that the steel plate shoot slated for tomorrow is still on. Still subject to weather - and yes, I wish someone would just call it.

Outdoor range, narrow hundred, people will be around to let you in so long as you understand still no shooting prior to 10AM, extra points for anyone who helps set up steel.

Construction at the indoor range is proceeding. Bathrooms again "real soon now".

Footers for the West range construction were poured earlier today.

Expanded bathrooms have wallboard up and will be bathrooms again shortly. Honest.

Construction is proceeding.

Separately the steel plate shoot was a success, low key, and a good time was had by nearly all.

Hope you're all enjoying the weekend.

West range walls are painted. It is stupidly bright inside.

Orientation at the club tomorrow. This will disrupt indoor range operations for 30-ish minutes in the morning. Be patient or go somewhere else :)

Remember the fallen.

Back
Top Bottom