Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

I'm still upset this stupid rule exists yes. Maybe I should just take the stock off then its a center fire AOW not a PCC and the eboard can kiss my ass

Is there another range near you where you will be happier?

This isn't a facetious question. I HATED shooting at the WMR range, (WMR has single lanes, allows slowfire only and no holster use), but it was the only game in town until 17S opened. I joined 17S and haven't looked back.

Brillo - you do seem to be as abrasive as your screen name.

YES, if you take the stock off, you're cool to shoot an AOW indoors.

If you wanted an argument, take it up with the argument clinic, down the hall. ;)

Brillo.... this got old quite a while ago. The rule is older than that. Yes, folks have done that, and have been appropriately sanctioned. Sometimes it's a nice discussion, sometimes it is a month's suspension, sometimes - rarely, folks get tossed. Generally it is willful idiots and jerks who get tossed.

You have yourself a great rest of your day.
Best regards,
-Ben

While I don't miss the Drama Here. I do miss TRPC. I was proud to be a member for a short time, and loved the outdoor facilities, and being able to show up at 0200 with a few pistols and clear my head and my lead at the indoor range.

Don't kill a good thing.

Brillo.... this got old quite a while ago. The rule is older than that. Yes, folks have done that, and have been appropriately sanctioned. Sometimes it's a nice discussion, sometimes it is a month's suspension, sometimes - rarely, folks get tossed. Generally it is willful idiots and jerks who get tossed.

You have yourself a great rest of your day.
Best regards,
-Ben

Huh so I guess its not PCC's fault then if people are still doing it, maybe if they just banned guns from the indoor range that would solve the problem.

It is an indoor PISTOL range, your statement doesn't make any sense.
It's not a rifle range and was never designed to be one!
Sort of. To be clear, at the indoor pistol range you can shoot a .44 mag or a Glock 44 in .22 long rifle, or a Glock 22 in .40, or a Glock 40 in 10mm; however you can’t shoot a PCC that takes Glock 9mm mags, e.g. the Glock 45.

Hope that clears things up.

Huh so I guess its not PCC's fault then if people are still doing it, maybe if they just banned guns from the indoor range that would solve the problem.

jfc. guys like you are the reason that guys like me just f***ing walk away saying "let someone else deal with this shit".

Have you been to any other clubs in the areas? There are clubs with indoor ranges that allow 22 long rifle only, others that require lead bullets, no jacketed ammo. Another does not allow any magnum calibers. The list goes on and on. In my opinion taunton has a great indoor range with more room than most clubs and has the fewest restrictions compared to other clubs. One club the members have to pay additional fees every time you want to shoot indoor above your membership. I don't think most people know exactly how nice it is. Go to the Ames club in Easton and check out their indoor range or any other in the area and see what we actually have.This of course is just my opinion and think we are fortunate to have an indoor as nice as the one we have.

Show up at aboard meeting, state your name, id yourself as an NES member and state your screen name. Explain to the board, who are empowered to act, what your issues are. Get the eff off this thread already, you really are not helping your cause. When the board tells you to effing get lost, leave the club, if you are even really a member.

Show up at aboard meeting, state your name, id yourself as an NES member and state your screen name. Explain to the board, who are empowered to act, what your issues are. Get the eff off this thread already, you really are not helping your cause. When the board tells you to effing get lost, leave the club, if you are even really a member.

Yes we should just all accept stupid rules, Maura Healey is looking forward to your vote for governor.

New member at TRPC, and had a quick question that I haven't found an answer to on the website. What do you need to bring for targets at the outdoor range? I have paper targets, I assume there is something (wood stands?) to attach the paper targets to? Or do you need to bring your own stand? Apologies for the n00b question and thanks in advance for the answer :)

New member at TRPC, and had a quick question that I haven't found an answer to on the website. What do you need to bring for targets at the outdoor range? I have paper targets, I assume there is something (wood stands?) to attach the paper targets to? Or do you need to bring your own stand? Apologies for the n00b question and thanks in advance for the answer :)
Lots of pallets for use. sometimes I bring my own stand.

Appreciate the quick answer! Excited to get out there on the range and meet some people from the club. Thanks again 👍
As an FYI… I would suggest avoid shooting on trap days. There are a couple busy body RSOs who shoot trap. Just my .02 as they seem more of a hassle than anything else. Otherwise I have enjoyed that club immensely.

As an FYI… I would suggest avoid shooting on trap days. There are a couple busy body RSOs who shoot trap. Just my .02 as they seem more of a hassle than anything else. Otherwise I have enjoyed that club immensely.
The RSOs are definitely more likely to get up in your business on a Sunday, especially trap day; but the guy I’ve dealt with (Jerry?) is always pretty nice about reminding you of rules and whatnot and has always been friendly. Lots of other ranges can’t make that claim.

Last edited:
Got a chance to shoot the rifle range today. Nice place. I like the "open field" feel to it. Apparently, steel targets are mandatory here lol. The trap range looked nice too.
I need to try the outdoor ranges and qual for the 300, but I'm still a member at SSC and I like it there as there are no RO's and everybody usually just minds their own business, just wish they would put some f***ing gravel behind the benches...LOL

I need to try the outdoor ranges and qual for the 300, but I'm still a member at SSC and I like it there as there are no RO's and everybody usually just minds their own business, just wish they would put some f***ing gravel behind the benches...LOL
Next time I run into the RO there on a Sunday I’ll ask if he can do the 300 qualification. He’s pretty cool, so he’ll atleast be helpful - plus I’d like someone to shoot with at 300, it’ll give the hornets someone else to sting 😂

Back
Top Bottom