Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

FLASH!

News from leadership is as follows:

"TRPC RANGES WILL REOPEN ON MAY 26Th @ 10 AM"

No explanation.

I am in concurrence with the several other folks who say 'open up'.

I do know that an A/C contractor has been installing refrigeration units to service the ready rooms today.

What happened to the indoor range will be open unless there is a meteor, was there a meteor?

I think it's time we hold a special meeting and vote these asshats out

. Any officer may be removed by a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the members in good standing present at any special meeting called for this purpose. No vote on suspension or removal may be taken unless at least fifteen (15) days notice in writing shall have been given to the officer of the reasons for his removal and of the time and place of the special meeting at which such ballot on his removal be taken. At such special meetings, the officer shall be given a full hearing.

Attachments

• IMG-20200519-173236.jpg
    IMG-20200519-173236.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 6
I can understand a little caution, but are you suggesting that they can't voice their displeasure at the lack of communication and the slow snail movement of TR&P to reopen after the emperor of Massachusetts in all his magnanimous glory allowed us to have a tiny bit of our liberty back? I know they are all volunteers, and I appreciate the small group who make everything work at the club. But as constructive feedback i would say a little more communication would have been welcome.

Brillo and others - yes, you're right.

This was news to me.

Per Eric - "TRPC RANGES WILL REOPEN ON MAY 26Th @ 10 AM" in his trademark all caps....because old people and computers.

The only explanation I can get is a desire to let things calm down, get 'proper signage'

Please don't kill the messenger.

Brillo and others - yes, you're right.

This was news to me.

Per Eric - "TRPC RANGES WILL REOPEN ON MAY 26Th @ 10 AM" in his trademark all caps....because old people and computers.

The only explanation I can get is a desire to let things calm down, get 'proper signage'

Please don't kill the messenger.

Thank you, out of curiosity who is it who's job is to notify members?

Whose job is it to notify members of what? Without an answer.... the club dispensed with most named roles 3 years ago. I'd otherwise say it was the role of the Secretary.

Most of the club bylaws are set in the 1970's, slightly updated. First class mail is mandated for certain notices.

I can understand a little caution, but are you suggesting that they can't voice their displeasure at the lack of communication and the slow snail movement of TR&P to reopen after the emperor of Massachusetts in all his magnanimous glory allowed us to have a tiny bit of our liberty back? I know they are all volunteers, and I appreciate the small group who make everything work at the club. But as constructive feedback i would say a little more communication would have been welcome.

It was a stab at lightening the mood here. I"m not on the E-board, just a member that likes to shoot an occasional plate shoot and scavenge for brass. I"m just as frustrated with the BS in this state as anyone else.

Whose job is it to notify members of what? Without an answer.... the club dispensed with most named roles 3 years ago. I'd otherwise say it was the role of the Secretary.

Most of the club bylaws are set in the 1970's, slightly updated. First class mail is mandated for certain notices.
I certainly appreciate all of your effort and help with the Club Bender, thanks for your posts here, they are very helpful.

Do any members of the E-Board read this forum?
Most members understand the reason for the closure. Not much could be done with our .gov overloads (including the town fiefdoms).

On to my rant...

What is very frustrating is the lack of timely OFFICIAL communication and the rationale behind remaining closed at this point. There has been plenty of time to plan an opening with (likely) .gov mandated restrictions (reduced capacity, sanitizing, masks, guests, etc). A opening contingency plan should have been created (and tweaked as necessary).

The club website "News" section STILL does not have any information regarding opening!
The site should be the official source - please do not refer me to some Facebook page (not everybody uses it).
Go ahead and post on Facebook AFTER the website is updated.

Why are there no email notifications sent to members? Is there no system in place for this?
I am fairly sure I provided my email address when I joined.

I appreciate other forum members updating us with information they have heard.
Even if that information apparently changes on somebody's whim (or meteor strike)...

Facebook is horrible for information - I don't have an account so it's hard to get info that way. Comments are over the top and not helpful

Refunds - I don't want one as it is a club not a subscription service. Send mine to Comm2A or GOAL

All the points about lack of official communication are spot on. QA hit the nail on the head, everyone knew that things were going to be allowed to reopen with restrictions, a plan should have already been in place to be ready for this.

Like most people said on Facebook, I don't need a refund either, I would've like to see that money go towards whatever's needed to reopen as soon as possible.

The eboard finally got off their ass and posted on Facebook only took them 53 Hours after Baker announced they could open.

Brillo, (or another member that has access to Facebook)
Would you be kind enough to post the entire E-board announcement here?
I cannot see anything on Facebook and the club website is STILL hosed.
Thanks in advance - Q

Taunton Rifle & Pistol Club
23 hrs ·
CLUB TO REOPEN MAY 26th
The club and ranges are scheduled to reopen May 26th. Please check back soon for more information about how the reopening will work and what restrictions will be in place. Thank you to all of our members for your patience and continued support.

Taunton Rifle & Pistol Club
23 hrs ·
CLUB TO REOPEN MAY 26th
The club and ranges are scheduled to reopen May 26th. Please check back soon for more information about how the reopening will work and what restrictions will be in place. Thank you to all of our members for your patience and continued support.

@Bender
Thank You for passing this along.

I suppose opening

- within a week of being "allowed"
- before a long weekend
- during good weather

was just far, far too much to handle.
At least no rationale was provided. Too much information is a bad thing.
</sarcasm>
<sigh>

I can certainly relate to the frustrations. With that said there is no reason to be aggressive with bender. He is not a board member and is kind enough to at least try to keep us in the loop since nobody else is. I see lots of strong opinions on here, opinions that would probably be better heard at the club meeting instead of this forum.

@btnh6668 Thank you for pointing out that my previous post could be interpreted other than intended.

I was being 100% sincere when I thanked @Bender for passing the info along here. I truly did appreciate it.
The sarcastic comment following my thanks was absolutely not directed at him.

Sometimes the subtleties of verbal communication get lost in translation to writing... I should have known better.

A few quick points

Indoor range to open 10 AM tomorrow.
Outdoor range to open tomorrow - I do not have a time, or I'd include it.

Wear a mask, expect to be subject to an IR contactless thermometer scan. Total occupants in building will be limited.

A few quick points

Indoor range to open 10 AM tomorrow.
Outdoor range to open tomorrow - I do not have a time, or I'd include it.

Wear a mask, expect to be subject to an IR contactless thermometer scan. Total occupants in building will be limited.

As always, appreciate you providing updates.

Is the thermometer scan a club decision? If so....

This is the message on Facebook:

YES, THE RANGES ARE OPEN
Both the indoor and outdoor ranges are now open. Welcome back everyone! For the time being the ranges are open to memebers and their families only. No guests. Everyone is required to wear a face covering and practice social distancing. This applies to the outdoor as well as the indoor facility. As always, please be considerate of your fellow members and practice safe shooting. As a reminder to those using the outdoor range, shooting must stop at sunset. As restrictions are eased further, we will post the changes here and on our site.

This is the message on Facebook:

YES, THE RANGES ARE OPEN
Both the indoor and outdoor ranges are now open. Welcome back everyone! For the time being the ranges are open to memebers and their families only. No guests. Everyone is required to wear a face covering and practice social distancing. This applies to the outdoor as well as the indoor facility. As always, please be considerate of your fellow members and practice safe shooting. As a reminder to those using the outdoor range, shooting must stop at sunset. As restrictions are eased further, we will post the changes here and on our site.
No guests, looks like ill be going elsewhere unless it’s lifted soon.

Back
Top Bottom