• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

Our final steel plate match of the season was last Sunday - thanks to everyone who took the time to help set up and break down. Turnout was excellent.

THIS COMING SUNDAY is orientation. If you are joining the club this month, please remember to show up a few minutes early for either the 9AM or 11AM session. Bring $275 and a good attitude.

Anyone know what time the center fire match starts ?

Kope - sorry I missed this. Show up for a 7:30 start next time. Usually we shoot rimfire handicap first, then the centerfire matches.

Han - short answer, no. Major efforts have been on upgrading the west range. On that note, it was announced at December meeting the construction has been postponed until early March - so that we don't rip the back wall down in the end of december, deal with construction in the dead of winter, etc.

I don't think most posters here comprehend how much work goes into keeping the ranges open, and the club operational. Five people do most of it.

Questions about outdoor steel targets. The rule book states authorized steel targets only. So who do i need to talk to in order to authorize the targets im using? Also i have a stand i built for it, is that ok as long as its at the berm? Last question... are steel targets allowed at all the shooting stations? Thanks in advance

They have a narrow 50yd range and a wide 50yd range. The narrow has spots for 3? People on the concrete bench, and i think the wide range has 5 or 6 individual wooden benches. All are covered ranges except for the narrow 100yd range.

If your new , or want to join. * edit - in case you have questions that arent answered here * , shooting times at the outdoor range are posted on the gate and the rule book is on the website.

Last edited:
The word 'approved' was added after a rash of folks were shooting car and truck parts, and leaving the junk behind.

Essentially any steel targets / poppers / gongs / etc that you purchase are acceptable. No need to try to run them past the e-board.

Steel is allowed on the 100's, 50's, and I think it is acceptable on the 300 but I haven't read those rules in quite a while.

Yes, your target stand is fine - at the target line / impact area.

The word 'approved' was added after a rash of folks were shooting car and truck parts, and leaving the junk behind.

Essentially any steel targets / poppers / gongs / etc that you purchase are acceptable. No need to try to run them past the e-board.

Steel is allowed on the 100's, 50's, and I think it is acceptable on the 300 but I haven't read those rules in quite a while.

Yes, your target stand is fine - at the target line / impact area.
thank you

Are .22 rifles still allowed at the indoor range? They were many years ago when I joined but I never brought any. Just want to make sure there wasn’t a rule change I missed. Thanks

Main range will be closed for lead removal starting 8 AM tomorrow.

Sorry for the late notice - we just figured everyone else would be busy panicking about COVID-19.

WILL be up and running by noon, likely earlier.

gbest - nope. Steel case is fine.

Just remember to pick up your empties, what ever range you are on.

On the indoor range we have separate bins for brass and steel. They *do* get sorted manually, but every bit helps.

You can go to the website, fill out an application and mail it in at any point.

All applications are read before the membership at the monthly business meeting, first Sunday of the month.

Well shit - looks like the ranges are being closed by order of the Governor as of noon tomorrow.

I hope you all have some good, ammo free dry fire areas set up.

cbRw7CO.jpg

Yes. The outdoor range is closed.

The card readers at indoor range are disabled. There is some low key maintenance going on that we can't normally accomplish without interrupting things quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom