Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

What happened at the indoor range ?? Sign on doors say range closed until further notice due to card reader failure ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

heard from a club officer at the outdoor today that the card reader stopped working and the company that maintains it or provides tech support has no weekend coverage.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah it's a good time. Shooters of all skill levels there. I'll be there [thumbsup]

Definitely a good time and a great way for someone that never did anything like this before to get their feet wet. I'll definitely be back for the next one.

btw. Awesome shooting [mg]

- - - Updated - - -

Ya it's a good time, give it a try. I wanted to go myself, but called into work this morning so dont think I'll make it. Maybe next time

glad I went. Good times.

Last edited:
The access control system is back up and working. Enjoy the indoor range.

Late last week, a vent was placed in the East range roof, which has helped moderate the temperature.

Thanks to all who showed up yesterday and outshot me.

Lol, no that was a happy that the indoor was working again . Haven't had time to hit the range in a few months... though I am planning on trying to sneak over soon...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

TRPC does *not* have a good e-mail list of members.

This is part of the reason that we tell people to write legibly on the application / orientation forms.

Ok... I'm not trying to start a s*** storm. I'm a member of this club... I haven't volunteered a single second of my time there, I admit it. But I feel it's time maybe I can/should help. The message of these rally's needs to go out in every way shape of form. Not every one has Facebook or is on NES. If a good email list is an issue, let's start getting one together. I'm sure there were plenty of members there but a more organized approach can only help. With new members going through orientation every month, it may not be a bad time to start reaching out to members for legible emails and forms of contact for upcoming events that need support. After GOALS rally I went into the state house to meet my reps and senator for my jurisdiction. I'm sure a few managed to walk in and talk to there reps, but I couldn't help but notice no one talking to Shaunna O'Connel, thanking her after her speech. It would of been nice to see a flood of people in there as she told us while we talked to her that she was a member at trpc. This is not a complaint against the club, I love being a member there and it is well run. I see some room for improvement and I'm just quietly expressing my opinion. We are apart of a large club and within this club we need to be proactive and well organized for future rally's, legislation, and and other reason for action. Opinions? Should I just stay quite?

Ok... I'm not trying to start a s*** storm. I'm a member of this club... I haven't volunteered a single second of my time there, I admit it. But I feel it's time maybe I can/should help. The message of these rally's needs to go out in every way shape of form. Not every one has Facebook or is on NES. If a good email list is an issue, let's start getting one together. I'm sure there were plenty of members there but a more organized approach can only help. With new members going through orientation every month, it may not be a bad time to start reaching out to members for legible emails and forms of contact for upcoming events that need support. After GOALS rally I went into the state house to meet my reps and senator for my jurisdiction. I'm sure a few managed to walk in and talk to there reps, but I couldn't help but notice no one talking to Shaunna O'Connel, thanking her after her speech. It would of been nice to see a flood of people in there as she told us while we talked to her that she was a member at trpc. This is not a complaint against the club, I love being a member there and it is well run. I see some room for improvement and I'm just quietly expressing my opinion. We are apart of a large club and within this club we need to be proactive and well organized for future rally's, legislation, and and other reason for action. Opinions? Should I just stay quite?
I don't believe you started a $hit storm, people are just stating the facts.

Any ideas are good ones, you should attend the monthly meetings to see how the club is run and get more info.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Anyone feel like having a guest at the indoor range tonight around 8 or 9 o'clock? Picked up a couple new pistols that are begging to be fired. I sure hope the end of September will be here soon....then my membership will be official!

Last edited:
Good afternoon all - August 21 is the third Sunday of the month and we will have the monthly steel plate shoot. Rules have been posted repeatedly in this thread and are on the website.

Setup starts at 9, first shots at 10AM. $5 per entry.

Show up and have fun.

Back
Top Bottom