• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

Any details on this? Just show with your kid? Is there a fee? Sounds like something I wish my dad would have taken me to lol

I asked my daughter if she wanted to try it and said she did [thumbsup] although she did express a little displeasure with the timer. [laugh]

I didn't see anything about fee's.... Just show up !!!

I'll bring some shovels if it's not.... I just figured based on how much melted in my driveway that it would be clear enough.... here's hopeing

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Edit - the trap field, narrow hundred yard range, and more of the area inside the gate are now plowed.

I'll see you there this Sunday.

Last edited:
Bender, don't know if we were able to do trap last Sunday, but will there be trap this Sunday (03/29)? Thx.

-- If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?

Bender, don't know if we were able to do trap last Sunday, but will there be trap this Sunday (03/29)? Thx.

I believe I saw Joe and the guys shooting trap there last Sunday so I would assume they would be there again this weekend.

Yes, Joe brought his kubota tractor down last weekend and cleared a bit more ice off the trap field last Sunday. At least half a dozen people shot this past weekend.

There should be trap this weekend, too.

Mike - you missed the steel shoot!

Yes, Joe brought his kubota tractor down last weekend and cleared a bit more ice off the trap field last Sunday. At least half a dozen people shot this past weekend.

There should be trap this weekend, too.

Mike - you missed the steel shoot!

NO! Did I really? I thought I was too old for the event :) Did tell a couple friends with teenage kids, though.

I had thought that too, but after all the kids had shot, the steel was still set up... one of the shooters managed to hit five static plates in 2.48 seconds. No optics.

Update on trap - Joe and several of the usual cohort will be shooting at Hansen this weekend, as there is a ham shoot. I'm trying to determine if there will be anyone to run trap. Details as available.

Impressive! Appreciate the heads-up, please keep us posted...

The steel shoots are back?

Since Jon Green and GOAL kick ass, they ran the Scholastic Practical Pistol shoot at TRPC outdoor.

The Presidential steel match which TRPC ran three times in the fall will return, soon. April seems very busy. I will provide information as available.

I gotta get outside and shoot some time soon, getting spring fever. Are the outdoor rifle ranges good enough to use yet?

Defiantly. Used the 50 wide last weekend and say people on all the others, can't promise how muddy they are though. Bring good boots.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I gotta get outside and shoot some time soon, getting spring fever. Are the outdoor rifle ranges good enough to use yet?

Yeah there are pretty good. I was able to drive down to set targets at the wide 100 yard yesterday. I was the only one there all morning, it was quiet.

Would any of you guys mind bringing me as a guess and showing me around the joint? I recently moved to Taunton and the indoor range is minutes from my house. I already have the app filled out on my computer just have to print it out. I haven't had any range time in months and I'm itching bad to shoot.

Would any of you guys mind bringing me as a guess and showing me around the joint? I recently moved to Taunton and the indoor range is minutes from my house. I already have the app filled out on my computer just have to print it out. I haven't had any range time in months and I'm itching bad to shoot.

I should be at the outdoor range around 3:30 Wednesday if you want to check that out. If you want to check out the indoor range there will be a pistol league match there and plenty of people to show you around there.

When do they typically send out responses to applications? I saw they cashed my check for the app fee. Not being impatient. Just curious. Looking forward to going to the range.

When do they typically send out responses to applications? I saw they cashed my check for the app fee. Not being impatient. Just curious. Looking forward to going to the range.

After your application is read before the membership at the monthly meeting and voted on.

Also, quick reminder to all:

April 5 Business Meeting Rescheduled To Sunday, April 19

Hi all. Hoping someone could bring me to the taunton range as a guest. Running the excruciathlon on saturday was planning on confirming zero my rifle this afternoon but the outdoor has been shut down for maintenance at braintree my home range. Anyone going to be there an afternoon (after 4) today or the rest of the week?

Hi all. Hoping someone could bring me to the taunton range as a guest. Running the excruciathlon on saturday was planning on confirming zero my rifle this afternoon but the outdoor has been shut down for maintenance at braintree my home range. Anyone going to be there an afternoon (after 4) today or the rest of the week?

PM sent. I will be there today at 5.

Back
Top Bottom