• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

If you shoot stuff at the outdoor range, pick up your junk!!!!! There was so much crap at the berm today. Damn slobs, show some respect for the club!!!!!

And this!!

And I still don't understand why people need to destroy the target stands with shotguns.

Yes. You have a shot gun. And it leaves big holes.

I met an older father, son, and mother (I believe she was the mother, not sure on relation) at the indoor range at around 10pm tonight. Really nice outgoing people. Just a reminder of how easy it is to meet good people at clubs like this.

The father was very interested in talking reloading presses with me, but I brought a "new-to-guns" guest who was there more so for the shooting. If you're reading this you are great people! The son let my guest and I shoot his Ruger SR22, Steyr .40, and Beretta 84 .380. I in turn let him shoot my glock 26. (My collection is in it's infancy.) Awesome people. The father even have me 5 hand loads of 9mm! First time I've ever seen conical projectiles on a 9. Just a great experience. TR&P rocks.

22cal Bowling Pin Matches To Be Held After Monthly Meetings
We will be holding 22cal bowling pin matches at our indoor range the first Sunday of each month after the monthly business meeting. These matches are for 22cal rim fire rifles and pistols and consists of 2 tables of ten pins. Winner is the shooter with the fastest time. Come down and attend the meeting then test your skill on our range. As always, this is a great way to introduce yourself to fellow club members, find out what's going on with your club and have some fun on our range!

I met an older father, son, and mother (I believe she was the mother, not sure on relation) at the indoor range at around 10pm tonight. Really nice outgoing people. Just a reminder of how easy it is to meet good people at clubs like this.

The father was very interested in talking reloading presses with me, but I brought a "new-to-guns" guest who was there more so for the shooting. If you're reading this you are great people! The son let my guest and I shoot his Ruger SR22, Steyr .40, and Beretta 84 .380. I in turn let him shoot my glock 26. (My collection is in it's infancy.) Awesome people. The father even have me 5 hand loads of 9mm! First time I've ever seen conical projectiles on a 9. Just a great experience. TR&P rocks.

I have met this father and son there before and can attest to their awesomeness. Funny that when I ran into them I had also brought a friend to the range for the first time. The father was giving both of us tips and more than willing to let us try some stuff out, even my friend who's only experience was with what we were just finishing up with.
They are big into reloading and asked if they could have our spent brass, didn't bother me any since it normally just goes in the brass bucket, but seeing as though we got to shoot some of their stuff I certainly had no problem helping pick it up for them.

22cal Bowling Pin Matches To Be Held After Monthly Meetings
We will be holding 22cal bowling pin matches at our indoor range the first Sunday of each month after the monthly business meeting. These matches are for 22cal rim fire rifles and pistols and consists of 2 tables of ten pins. Winner is the shooter with the fastest time. Come down and attend the meeting then test your skill on our range. As always, this is a great way to introduce yourself to fellow club members, find out what's going on with your club and have some fun on our range!

that sounds cool, I cant make it today but definitely got to check this out.

can a bring a guest to this, my father would love this?

that sounds cool, I cant make it today but definitely got to check this out.

can a bring a guest to this, my father would love this?

I was showing my brother and nephew the range and the guys running it invited us all to shoot so I'm guessing it would be cool. I can't go today either.

Hi all.

Non-members: You are still welcome to join.

Members who have paid dues: Thanks. Your access cards still work.

Members who have *not* paid 2014 dues: Your access cards have been turned off. In short order you will receive a notice in the mail reminding you that you do need to pay your dues. If your dues are not paid by the end of January, you will be dropped from the membership list, and will have to pay another initiation fee and sit through orientation in order to re-join.

The East range is temporarily closed today for maintenance. West range is open. If you're feeling brave, the outdoor range will be open for normal use as of 9AM, but it is darn cold out there.

Sad to say I was one if the guilty late payers this year... Kept saying I was going to get up there haven't made it in over a month! :-/ oh well sent the check plus a few bucks extra for my tardiness!

Hi all.

Non-members: You are still welcome to join.

Members who have paid dues: Thanks. Your access cards still work.

Members who have *not* paid 2014 dues: Your access cards have been turned off. In short order you will receive a notice in the mail reminding you that you do need to pay your dues. If your dues are not paid by the end of January, you will be dropped from the membership list, and will have to pay another initiation fee and sit through orientation in order to re-join.

The East range is temporarily closed today for maintenance. West range is open. If you're feeling brave, the outdoor range will be open for normal use as of 9AM, but it is darn cold out there.

I received a letter to go with my not used check that I submitted early to pay for my membership. Thanks for canceling though.

I"ll make this short and sweet. Bumped into the father/son tag team last night at the range.....super nice people. Encouraged me to shoot their pistols ( thank you , now I have to find one !! ) and gave my significant other a lecture on the "good" of guns. I think it helped [wink]

I have no problem building a workbench of her own, but I"m NOT painting her gun safe pink

I owe you guys some coffee and ammo next time I see you there. [laugh]

whats the guest policy?

Short version: Members may bring guests, and are responsible for their conduct.

Long version: Currently, TRPC sells 'family' memberships. One card is issued, covering the card holder, spouse and any minor children. All are welcome at any point, as they're members. Card holder can bring 'a few' guests 'a few times' per year - deliberately left vague. As stated during orientation, if the E-board knows your guest by their first name, it is time for the guest to purchase a membership.

Would either one of the father/son team send me a pm, got a few questions on one of the guns you let me shoot ( steyr ) . Found one, just need to make sure it's the same model as yours.

Thanks.

What's the status of Target Frame/holders that are available at the outdoor ranges?
A family member took me with him last year to the 50 yd range and the frames were all shot up and useless.

Can members fabricate their own stands and bring them?
Also, it seems steel targets are allowed - does anyone know what's ok and what's not for 22 LR pistol swingers and AR500 round gongs? I was thinking of coming up with something I could use to hold a paper target up top and hang an AR500 steel target from.

I took the safety course at the club awhile ago. Was the $25 app fee included as part of the course? I'm wondering what I need to do and how much it's going to cost to become a member here. When would the payment be due?

At present, there aren't many useful target stands downrange. There are still some pallets near the corner of the hut.

Members are welcome to bring and use their own target stands.

Yes, the $25 application fee was included. You should have received a letter inviting you to pursue your membership. Dues are pro-rated depending upon the month you join. However, January's orientation happened today. If you intend to apply, get your application in ASAP so that it can be read at the next monthly meeting on February 2nd

In my opinion for what its worth I became a member not to long ago & been a member at other ranges & this one by far is the best one in my opinion lots of great people I have met during the times I have gone I'm hoping to get more time to get down there

I too was curious about the outdoor range and installing some sort of permanent hanger for targets or swinging . I might be able to obtain some materials. Not sure what the rules are pertaining to steel targets, maybe someone can chime in?

Punching holes in paper gets boring real quick.

I bring all my own target stands and take them home with me. I've left a few there only to see them ripped apart within days.

I bring all my own target stands and take them home with me. I've left a few there only to see them ripped apart within days.

Sgeary, do you have any pics of your stands? I'm looking for ideas I can tear down and pack away in the trunk.

Im thinking of 3' saw horse with some holders I can slip a target frame into on the rear.

I really liked the setup they had at the club in Cape Ann. They had metal rails at 50, 100' etc yards about a foot off the ground. You just slid the wood stands in between the rails and held them up. Nice covered benches as well.

Back
Top Bottom