• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

When do you think you will know the date?

Just asking because I teach a class every other Saturday and I had planned on the March 13th date @ Kittery because it fell on one of the weekends I don't have a class.

Thanks!!

When do you think you will know the date?

Just asking because I teach a class every other Saturday and I had planned on the March 13th date @ Kittery because it fell on one of the weekends I don't have a class.

Thanks!!

Sorry guys, but you know exactly what I know at this point. The club is going to vote on the class at the Feb 3 meeting and then Mr Dewhirst will get back in touch with me to discuss moving forward. the minute I get any news I will post for you..
Thanks,
Brian

Thanks Brian,

Keep me posted. If the date works out I will cancel with the Kittery class and come to this one since it is 5 minutes from my house...

Thanks!

I submitted my application yesterday but I don't have a sponsor. What is the deal with that? Is it a strict requirement or is there a way around the sponsor requirement. Also, what is up with the qualification for using the 300Yard range. I won't have any problem qualifying with my M6A1 but it sounds like a pretty time consuming process and you can only use it when no one is on the trap or archery range. Does anyone have any info or opinions?

Well Men,
We were denied the use of the club. I will work to see if I can secure an alternate location. Here is their response.

Brian we disscuseded this at tonights meeting and we have decided to maintain our policy of only allowing club instructors to teach at our faclity.
You best option would be to secure an alternate location for these classes to be conducted.
You should take a little time and find which states allow you too carry as an out of state resident.
Thank you,
Eric Dewhirst
TRPC president

I kinda figured that is what they would say.

Longs story short, I wanted to use the club range for some classes a while back and they told me the same thing...

Looks like I am headed to Kittery on March 13th...Your welcome to ride up with me...LOL

I kinda figured that is what they would say.

Longs story short, I wanted to use the club range for some classes a while back and they told me the same thing...

Looks like I am headed to Kittery on March 13th...Your welcome to ride up with me...LOL

Thanks for the offer of the ride. I haven't given up just yet. I am looking to see if I can find a reasonable priced hall to rent.

Thanks for the offer of the ride. I haven't given up just yet. I am looking to see if I can find a reasonable priced hall to rent.

Is this strictly classroom or do you need a range?

If strictly classroom, you could try using a community room in a public library or even a police department (some have them publicly accessible while others are "internal" only). If an interested attendee lives in the town or belongs to another gun club with a clubhouse/classroom, they may be able to use/rent it for the class.

Just throwing some ideas out there. It's a lot trickier to get a club to allow "outsiders" to shoot on their property in a class situation.

If strictly classroom, you could try using a community room in a public library or even a police department (some have them publicly accessible while others are "internal" only). If an interested attendee lives in the town or belongs to another gun club with a clubhouse/classroom, they may be able to use/rent it for the class.

Just throwing some ideas out there. It's a lot trickier to get a club to allow "outsiders" to shoot on their property in a class situation.

Just classroom teaching. No shooting for this. Great Ideas!!!

When the club passed down there decission, did they say that they had an instructor for program?? If they don't have an instructor to offer ,and i have never heard of one there, I can't believe that they would say no!! It is deffinetly an old school run club.

No, they don't have an instructor there for that. But they have an instructor that does gun safety classes and they do not allow any other instructors period.

I teach the class at Bass Pro and wanted to do the range part of my class there, not even the classroom stuff and I would only take up two lanes for a half day on Saturday and it was a flat no. I went to the Pres. and even wrote letters to the board. I offered to pay the club per student and recommend new members...Still no...

Don't get me wrong, I love shooting there, great ranges and I was sure that newbie shooters would think that too...

I don't have to like the rules, I just have to obey them...LOL

I submitted my application yesterday but I don't have a sponsor. What is the deal with that? Is it a strict requirement or is there a way around the sponsor requirement. Also, what is up with the qualification for using the 300Yard range. I won't have any problem qualifying with my M6A1 but it sounds like a pretty time consuming process and you can only use it when no one is on the trap or archery range. Does anyone have any info or opinions?

They won't make a big deal about not having a sponsor, they will schedule an orientation for you and other new members, go over the rules and give you a tour. The reasons for 300 yard qualification will also be explained. Pretty much, the outdoor range is in a residential area, and they want to make sure people shooting from 300 yards have enough skill. In terms of access to the 300 yard range, they only shoot trap on Sun. morning, so I don't think you find much of an access problem once you qualify.

Good luck.

Hey Snowjoker~ hold up before you head to maine. we may still be able to work something out in our area. I will keep you posted shortly....

Is there anyone from our club (TRPC) interested in attending a class to get a UTAH CCW Permit? I have a certified instructor willing to host a class for us. I am working on getting a time at the club for the class. We are going to need at least 20 people for him to come host.

For those that don't know what a UTAH CCW is. It is a concealed carry permit/license that allows you to carry your firearm in about 30+ states.

Post here or PM me with interests.

We are starting again...If we get 20+ to commit we can host the class. We will rent a place and host it in the taunton area. I need a show of hands of the interested and we can work on a classromm dates & times for ya!

Jammie and FCI Inc, what about Mansfield? Have you asked anyone there if they would rent the clubhouse in return for a per person donation to the indoor range fund??

I'm not sure Mansfield would do it, but if this is a non shooting involved class, and you just need a place, it could work out as a fund raiser for Mansfield and a good secure place for a get together. Of course I can't speak for the Mansfield club, but maybe a boardmember might see this thread.

Umm, that won't help him as he's not Green so he can't access that forum.

Answer appears to be that a stray round hit a vehicle and the police are investigating. I'm not a member of that club, but that's the gist of the newspaper article that M1911 tried to link you to.

Back
Top Bottom