• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

cbRw7CO.jpg

Yes. The outdoor range is closed.

The card readers at indoor range are disabled. There is some low key maintenance going on that we can't normally accomplish without interrupting things quite a bit.
Great. I just got notified my ammo shipment is on the way and my range closes. Arrgghh.

Terribly sorry, all. This *was not* my idea.

Look at it this way - you're saving some ammo for the next insane thing that happens in a few weeks.

Probably a dumb question, but I assume we are still closed?
Sorry friend. Still closed. Still bored.

When TRPC, Inc reopens you can admire the fresh paint on many of the interior walls, freshly stripped / rewaxed floor...... and lots of other minor stuff.

Still closed. This is a really good time for largely overweight, diabetic, older folks to just not congregate. As one of the few without the gun club physique....all my handguns are clean. 98% of my rifles are clean and greased.

Completely not going stir crazy. Not a bit. Not me.

Sorry friend. Still closed. Still bored.

When TRPC, Inc reopens you can admire the fresh paint on many of the interior walls, freshly stripped / rewaxed floor...... and lots of other minor stuff.

Still closed. This is a really good time for largely overweight, diabetic, older folks to just not congregate. As one of the few without the gun club physique....all my handguns are clean. 98% of my rifles are clean and greased.

Completely not going stir crazy. Not a bit. Not me.

thanks I figured as much...I will be sure to admire it all! It’s too bad we can open the outside with the expectation that folks will stay 6ft apart to appease the state...hopefully soon enough this will be back to semi-normal

Any update on PCC's? I mean, it shouldn't be that difficult to figure out, right?

Right! It's been over a year. Last time I asked about it in January the E-board gave a resounding "not going to happen". I would love to hear a reasonable explanation as to why they're so against it, the only reason I've been told is someone may see you shooting your PCC and think shooting their AR-15 is ok, it's a ridiculous reason as I could go shoot a M&P 22 which looks just like an AR-15. They told me to put a pistol brace on my PCC and then I could shoot it hmm ok semantics, I'm sure the guy who thinks a PCC and an AR-15 are the same thing knows the difference between a pistol brace and a stock.

Maybe someone did mistake a PCC for an AR-15 in the past, but should the whole club be punished for one persons mistake, no - that line of thinking is same reasoning Maura and the Democrats use to ban guns.

Icing on the cake is the sign that sits above the e-board that says "that's how we've always done it" in a circle with a slash through it - ironic because that's the way they are.

Right! It's been over a year. Last time I asked about it in January the E-board gave a resounding "not going to happen". I would love to hear a reasonable explanation as to why they're so against it, the only reason I've been told is someone may see you shooting your PCC and think shooting there AR-15 is ok, it's a ridiculous reason as I could go shoot a M&P 22 which looks just like an AR-15. They told me just to put a pistol brace on my PCC and then I could shoot it hmm ok semantics, I'm sure the guy who thinks a PCC and an AR-15 are the same thing knows the difference between a pistol brace and a stock.

Icing on the cake is the sign that sits above the e-board that says "that's how we've always done it" in a circle with a slash through it - ironic because that's the way they are.

Sounds like the same FUDDS that run Taunton are in charge at Independent in Foxboro. Same exact rationale for not allowing PCCs on the pistol ranges but the do allow black powder long guns so you can shoot .50cal black powder at the steel on pistil range but not a 9mm PCC. And of course you can shoot an M&P 22...

Hi all. I'd just like to start out with a great big go f*** yourself right in the face for Buck F.

Although I don't disagree that certain folks on the E-board are fudds, Buck is badly out of line.

With that said - elections are in October. If you're unsatisfied now, get your thoughts in order, read the bylaws, and nominate yourself for the board.

Other than Buck - no, no move on PCCs. The board doesn't see it as a priority. Two of the three Daves on the board are the dead weight.

Briefly - indoor ranges have been thoroughly cleaned and disinfected. We have an advantage of existing positive ventilation systems.

Many portions of the facility have been painted.

Outdoor range has been cleaned, pruning is in effect, we are getting bi-weekly permethrin treatments to combats ticks and mosquitos, the well pump is hooked up and running, trap guys don't communicate information outside of their silo effectively, and the driveway has been paved for real - not just an improved road.

So -we're not all in this together. Everyone other than Buck, I hope you're well.

I sincerely hope the ranges will be able to open in short order. The sticking point will be government.

Hi all. I'd just like to start out with a great big go f*** yourself right in the face for Buck F.

Although I don't disagree that certain folks on the E-board are fudds, Buck is badly out of line.

With that said - elections are in October. If you're unsatisfied now, get your thoughts in order, read the bylaws, and nominate yourself for the board.

Other than Buck - no, no move on PCCs. The board doesn't see it as a priority. Two of the three Daves on the board are the dead weight.

Briefly - indoor ranges have been thoroughly cleaned and disinfected. We have an advantage of existing positive ventilation systems.

Outdoor range has been cleaned, pruning is in effect, we are getting bi-weekly permethrin treatments to combats ticks and mosquitos, the well pump is hooked up and running, trap guys don't communicate information outside of their silo effectively, and the driveway has been paved for real - not just an improved road.

So -we're not all in this together. Everyone other than Buck, I hope you're well.

I sincerely hope the ranges will be able to open in short order. The sticking point will be government.

Unhinged much?

Thanks for the update, and it's great to hear all the work that's been done.

I just don't see any reason why the outdoor range isn't open however. Social distancing could easily be implemented to keep everyone safe. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this a private club on private property? The governor has no authority to dictate that it remains closed.

No, Buck, I just get tired of folks shit talking.

Start putting 25+ hours a week into keeping things up and running.

Until then, please, I kindly bid you do to the whole Tropic Thunder routine.

Shit talking, huh? Project much? I made a simple, accurate statement about PCC's at my club, you clearly went overboard w/ your response. Need a little balm for that butthurt? But hey, have at it... ;)

If tomorrow it is, then will my key card work at 00:01 - I'll bring my own disinfectant to spray down the station after.

All kidding aside - if volunteers are needed to help with anything, my work has me on flex time so other than scheduled meetings I can support most any time.

Offer stands - I have a couple of meetings that i can't skip tomorrow morning but other than that I can either flex time or use some of my 250 hours of expiring leave.

Priority?? How hard is it to remove that paper sign?

Back
Top Bottom