Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

Hi all. INDOOR range will be closed tomorrow from 9AM until approximately noon. Sorry.

You still have about one week to get your 2019 dues in for the early dues raffle.

47__FuTy1WwdjqG5VO0r1AguxxatgXkC43cZPoeHSlsZ0zuMFcJt68gGz25q1XrB1HlqVtk70nXy3e73BEo87F9o7skCRVo7iTpmc603ncpUeMvhYtq-gFY-IhoPSQIBdaSIO9oOkwqK3hxtRQ

ANNUAL LEO DENNEN MEMORIAL RIFLE MATCH

This match is dedicated to the memory of Leo Dennen (1927 – 1988). Club member, range officer and all around supporter of the Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club. Leo shot in every rifle, pistol, military or black powder match held by this club during his membership. Additionally Leo attended every work party needed, right up to his death. His presence will eternally be missed but never forgotten…..TRPC

When: November 11th 11:00am to 1:00pm

Where: Outdoor Range (wide 100 yard range)

Entrance Fee: $5.00 per entry. You may only fire one match per rifle.

Course of fire: Off hand, not supported, 10 shots on a SR-1 target at 100 yards.

Target: SR-1 military bulls eye targets with 6” black centers.

Equipment: Any military rifle with an original barrel and stock with issued type iron sights. Also commercial military sporting rifles.

Not Allowed: No match grade, NM grade, target grade or heavy barrels.

No Optics or spotting scopes or slings allowed.

Safety: All general safety and club rules apply. Eye and ear protection is mandatory when on or near the firing line. Chamber flags will be required when transferring all firearms to and from the firing line. Club will provide if needed. RSO’s have complete control of the range at all times.

First and second place will have their name engraved on the Leo Dennen Memorial Match plaque in the clubhouse.

The Blue and Black teams are shooting against each other tonight. If you show up between 6:30 and 8:45 the main entrance [middle of the building] should be unlocked.

Whatever else you do, don't let yourself get recruited for the blue team ;)

Did they have the raffle already???
Yes. Winners were drawn at the November meeting (first Sunday of the month). Anyone who won something awkward to mail had been called.

Some give cards should be in the mail now.

The list of Winters and prizes is posted on the club business bulletin board, left side.

Tomorrow, Saturday the 15th.

Sorry, I was on mobile trying to do other stuff.

Quick reminder - there will be an unusual, third Sunday of the month orientation on the 16th - so if you're there shooting in the morning, we'll interrupt you :)

If you haven't yet paid your dues, please try to get them in. Sooner is better.

It is that time of month again - main range will be closed from 9 AM until approximately noon, for lead removal.

In other news, on Saturday 522 folks whose dues were delinquent had their cards turned off. Anyone so impacted has until the end of January to pay $125 dues and the $25 late fee to remain a member of TRPC.

It is that time of month again - main range will be closed from 9 AM until approximately noon, for lead removal.

In other news, on Saturday 522 folks whose dues were delinquent had their cards turned off. Anyone so impacted has until the end of January to pay $125 dues and the $25 late fee to remain a member of TRPC.

I’m not sure that I saw a renewal letter (though it’s been a bit crazy this year with a new baby). What’s the easiest way to pay if I don’t have a bill?

I’m not sure that I saw a renewal letter (though it’s been a bit crazy this year with a new baby). What’s the easiest way to pay if I don’t have a bill?

No problem. This is real life and things happen.

As a step zero, review you checkbook and see if you paid.

Failing that - if you're in the area, try your card.

Anyone who really thinks they haven't paid should fill out a lost invoice form ( http://www.tauntonrifleandpistol.org/LOST INVOICE1.pdf ) and send it with payment.

As an aside - if anyone changed address this year, please keep the club updated. It can be as easy as sending a clear, concise email to the contact on the club website with your old address and new info.

Anyone who really thinks they haven't paid should fill out a lost invoice form ( http://www.tauntonrifleandpistol.org/LOST INVOICE1.pdf ) and send it with payment.

As an aside - if anyone changed address this year, please keep the club updated. It can be as easy as sending a clear, concise email to the contact on the club website with your old address and new info.
Hi Ben, As I moved to NH I didn’t renew. Do you guys want the key card back? Was there a deposit on it?

Thanks

Hi Ben, As I moved to NH I didn’t renew. Do you guys want the key card back? Was there a deposit on it?

Thanks
Simply to keep records straight, it would be appreciated if you could drop an email to [email protected] and advise that you're out.

No deposit, please destroy your card. That is easiest for everyone.

Enjoy New Hampshire!

Awesome will do, thanks!!

All facilities open for normal operations.* Construction and repair have been completed. Nice, new plywood has been installed on the AR-500 baffles.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kgXpWc8UxoqNoRtMA

As a polite notice, the first person who sends a round deliberately into the baffles will be flayed, per order of the Executive Board.

*As the Outdoor facility is located near the water table, exercise appropriate decision making skills while everything is melting, flooding, and seeking a drainage point.

I also don't remember sending in or receiving renewal for this year. How much am I writing the check for to renew in 2019?

Junior314 - Dues were due by December 31, 2018, for 2019.

Late dues have a $25 penalty assessed. The club will be accepting payment until the meeting, this Sunday.

Seriously - CHECK YOUR CARD. If it works, you are paid.

Submitted my application Tuesday, any idea when I might hear back? My membership lapsed in 2017 so I was previously in the "system". Thanks!

If you dropped it off in person, you will likely get a postcard in the mail tomorrow. Otherwise there may be a minor delay due to mail, and your postcard with administrivia will arrive early next week.

Although it is a bit premature, welcome back.

If you dropped it off in person, you will likely get a postcard in the mail tomorrow. Otherwise there may be a minor delay due to mail, and your postcard with administrivia will arrive early next week.

Although it is a bit premature, welcome back.
I actually mailed it in. I read a previous post someone said it would take 4 months to get approved?? I was hoping that wouldnt be the case.... thank you!

Fifty applicants are accepted per month. I haven't been in the office much this week, but you'd be in the batch for March - having your application voted on at the March meeting [first Sunday of the month] with a normal orientation slated for the fourth Sunday of the month.

You've done this dance before. The orientation shouldn't be any more exciting, but the orientation crew has grown fatter, balder, and greyer.

Back
Top Bottom