Taunton Rifle and Pistol bends over

ugh, F*** in **** ****hole, Jesus **** martin. This is the same problem with gun control in general in this state.

1. You will never be able to legislate out a-holes!

no matter what range tests or prohibitions or anal probing, there will always be a guy with a bolt action rifle who will want to know if his Mauser round would go through half inch of steel for shits and giggles. You need to hunt them down and out them.

no amount of live supervision or cameras on the range will change some people's desire to shoot up target frames or whatever.

Agreed. This is exactly the root of the problem. However I'm not at all sure that telling the range guys or BOD that we cannot test for judgement, and to expect incidents going forward is a winning strategy.

ugh, F*** in **** ****hole, Jesus **** martin. This is the same problem with gun control in general in this state.

1. You will never be able to legislate out a-holes!

no matter what range tests or prohibitions or anal probing, there will always be a guy with a bolt action rifle who will want to know if his Mauser round would go through half inch of steel for shits and giggles. You need to hunt them down and out them.

no amount of live supervision or cameras on the range will change some people's desire to shoot up target frames or whatever.

2. Shooters need to start growing balls and speak up when appropriate.

how many mini-rants did we have here about people coming from the range or a gun shop ranting "holy shit, that guy muzzle swept me, I will never go back there again" Americans and especially Kornell graduates seem to have this in-face conflict avoidance routine, instead of correcting a problem there and then, they say nothing, bottle their little anger and bitch a lot later. I can not understand that or how to fix it.

3. Shooters need to stop being f-ing scarety cats afraid of own shadow.

Yeah, life is full of dangers even in your own bed, never mind leaving your house. We also live in a totalitarian state of mAss. Antis will make up stories about stray bullets from a range (done befo!) People will accidentally shoot something they should not. Neighbors will bitch about too much noise. Instead of being f-king nanny helicopters and trying to PREVENT life, you need to DEAL with life and all good and bad that it brings.

That means f-king over antis, fighting back and rooting out rats. You will never be 100% safe from lawsuits or danger, but we sure as hell can learn how to better deal with it.

That POS who outed mail order ammo, that dude with Polytech and a bumpfire stock. That POS shoots that bumpfire but somehow feels that everyone else is not good enough to do the same. Look in mirror!
a club I goto does the same stupid shit....bans more stuff vs banning idiots

a club I goto does the same stupid shit....bans more stuff vs banning idiots

I was a club officer and board member for more than a decade. I can tell you that most club leaders would much rather ban idiots than stuff. The problem is identifying the idiots responsible. People tend not to come forward and say “I shot at the yardage markers on the outdoor range because I thought it would be fun.” Instead, one of the officers arrives at the range one day to find the yardage markers all shot up. Then we have to try to determine the range of dates when the damage occurred and who might be responsible. Having done that on several occasions, I can tell you that it is easier said than done.

If you feel your club is not being run properly, I urge you to get involved. Run for office or join the board. If you think you can do it better, I’m sure your club leadership can use the help.

I was a club officer and board member for more than a decade. I can tell you that most club leaders would much rather ban idiots than stuff. The problem is identifying the idiots responsible. People tend not to come forward and say “I shot at the yardage markers on the outdoor range because I thought it would be fun.” Instead, one of the officers arrives at the range one day to find the yardage markers all shot up. Then we have to try to determine the range of dates when the damage occurred and who might be responsible. Having done that on several occasions, I can tell you that it is easier said than done.

If you feel your club is not being run properly, I urge you to get involved. Run for office or join the board. If you think you can do it better, I’m sure your club leadership can use the help.
One of my clubs now has cameras in the indoor range to find these guys. Too many rounds going into the ceiling and the archery targets. I don't like feeling like someone is looking over my shoulder, but it's better than idiots shooting the place up

I get that ......trying to infiltrate the board at this club is one thing. Honestly I can give you a list of names with a RSO witnessing the events of people doing unsafe and stupid shit. It takes a lot to get a member actually removed for such stupid distructive actions. They rather just ban it or tripple dog dare ban it. I personally gave up at one club after some BS over procedures for having any work done at the club and no one but the inner circle even knows when the bids went out for xyz work.
I do agree though getting involved is the best we can do. I don't do as much as I used to now married 3 kids and a house but spent a lot of time doing club stuff. I spent more time setting up for the primitive events and Bow events and never touched or played those games.

Random Sunday night at the club I meet a friend who is also a member. One of the indoor ranges seems pretty busy so we sit in the clubhouse and BS for a good 30-40 minutes to let it thin out a bit. Suddenly two guys come into the clubhouse from the range area asking if we know where the breaker panel is? Lights are out on the range, weird because everywhere else is working fine.... anyways they roam around for 5 minutes looking and head back to the range. 10 more minutes go by and the shooting is less sporadic so we say to ourselves great lets go shoot. Walk into a pitch black hallway, followed by the "observation room" to find 3-4 idiots shooting with flashlights or no lights in pitch dark. Guy walks out asking us again if we know where the panel is to which we tell him no followed by a remark about how incredibly stupid they all are before I pack my shit up in my truck and head back. Figured since they have an electronic card reader to get in I wanted nothing to do with being lumped in with those morons. Yup people do really dumb stuff at the range.

Semi-automatics can malfunction and inadvertently fire several rounds - they should be banned from ranges to make sure that no one can sue because after all it only takes one moron. Only revolvers should be allowed with just one chamber loaded at a time and you can reload once every fifteen minutes to cut down on the noise - again, wouldn't want neighbors to sue over noise.

Huh???? Read it again. One is on purpose. The other is an accident.

liabilities can be dealt with by release forms, I'm sure that any user agreements from M$ or Apple have more rights over your body than a waiver is. Also, anyone can sue everyone. As Russians say, those who fear wolves should never enter a forest and never drink vodka or procreate.

And you are volunteering to sit at the range every waking moment to ensure all of those release forms are signed???? LOL

I'm not a child out on recess, I don't need supervision while exercising my constitutional rights. I'd never join a range where RSOs have to be on duty for me to shoot.

Then who is going to ensure your release form is signed. o_O

Yup people do really dumb stuff at the range.
if you're fairly young get use to it, you're going to witness a lot more crazy stuff as time goes on at the range. i've seen some dumb ass stuff in my life, even been down range when some idiot made the range hot and started firing.

even been down range when some idiot made the range hot and started firing.

Close. I was present when a guy negligently fired his AR with 2 guys down range...Needless to say I reported it to the club president and he's no longer a member. This wasn't his first ND either...

And you are volunteering to sit at the range every waking moment to ensure all of those release forms are signed???? LOL

members sign release to make them liable to have guests sign releases, kek, kind of like most TOS agreements automagically introduce new items.

no, releases won't make things 100% bulletproof, just harder. Idiots need to be banned. Yes finding them isn't easy
if you're fairly young get use to it, you're going to witness a lot more crazy stuff as time goes on at the range. i've seen some dumb ass stuff in my life, even been down range when some idiot made the range hot and started firing.

that's фucked up, but at the same time I see people very complacent with whom they shoot or what else is going on the range. I don't know how many times I've seen people walk from their cars to the range cover without фucking ear protection. The range is hot, yet some a-holes think that everyone will be instantly aware of their presence. The light is not on, it's фucking hot range.

It may be of benefit to have refresher courses for members and specifically cover common situations. It should not be mandatory, but if you f*** up, you are out.

The other thing, the "sponsorship", you really should get to know the person you are sponsoring and make sure that s/he is with the program. It also helps prospective members figure out if they would really like the club.

You really believe releases are a viable answer, don't you???? LOL

Release, Shmerlease. I'm no lawyer, but I could win the case after I explained to a MASSACHUSETTS jury that the gun in question was one of them banned things that kilt all dem country fans in Lost Vegerz.

It's not a safety issue. (Well, it is, but that's not what TR&P is specifically worried about at this present time IMO.) It's a LIABILITY issue. You have that accident, you WILL lose the lawsuit. You will NOT get paid by the insurance company. You WON'T pass go. You WILL sell your range to the developer of Darrington Drive.

Gosh. People get all sorts of excited about people signing releases.

Back 20.75 years ago, my wife was in for an induced birth. Quack of a doctor didn't realize my daughter was breach. Wife's platelet count PLUMMETS. (False reading - toxemia, etc.,) So after giving her f'ing Pitosin (sp), they realize they need to do an emergency C-section.

Quack comes to me to sign release. I don't even look at it. Well, enough to get the pen to the right part of the paper. "You really think this will help if something happens to my wife or child in there??? You already screwed up. Don't let them die."

The Anesthesiologist was 100% on my side. He was getting choked up telling me I couldn't be in the OR. Everyone was fine. Point is: Did I really sign away my rights to sue??? Really??????

It is not my intention to offend anyone... really it isn't, but ironically in trying to see what is being said here clearly, the more I read and re-read the posts from the guys who have a big problem with RO's, I am starting to think the solutions they are offering can only be implemented by having someone at the range is who is there solely to see and report what happens, and that's how you weed the bums out.

Point is: Did I really sign away my rights to sue??? Really??????

you can sue all you want, winning is the part that counts. If you are so scared about mAss juries convicting anyone with guns, why even bother leaving your house armed?

It is not my intention to offend anyone... really it isn't, but ironically in trying to see what is being said here clearly, the more I read and re-read the posts from the guys who have a big problem with RO's, I am starting to think the solutions they are offering can only be implemented by having someone at the range is who is there solely to see and report what happens, and that's how you weed the bums out.

that's a great idea in theory but in reality you'll end up with a few good ROs and a whole lot of overgrown hall monitors, with no better than your average cop's knowledge.

Thankfully we live in America. If you don't like it, you can not join TR&P. And if the club YOU belong to winds up allowing bumpstocks AND someone gets shot somehow AND the club gets sued, you are free to lose your club over it. That's what makes America great. And if the members of TR&P don't like it, they can vote the leadership out.

Their sandbox, their rules. The rules are NOT, despite you taking everything to the extreme, unreasonable.

Thankfully we live in America. If you don't like it, you can not join TR&P. And if the club YOU belong to winds up allowing bumpstocks AND someone gets shot somehow AND the club gets sued, you are free to lose your club over it. That's what makes America great. And if the members of TR&P don't like it, they can vote the leadership out.

Their sandbox, their rules. The rules are NOT, despite you taking everything to the extreme, unreasonable.

I know this thread has been a long and winding road but I don't think you read the OP. No one ever said they can't do what they want, or that it's a bad club.

Back
Top Bottom