Taunton: 13-year-old boy shot 12-year-old neighbor in case of “Facebook bullying"

Its sad, kids don't meet behind the school and roll in the dirt with someone getting a bloody nose anymore, and go home. Now they shoot someone. They just don't understand the finality of pointing a gun at something or someone. Very sad.

Its sad, kids don't meet behind the school and roll in the dirt with someone getting a bloody nose anymore, and go home. Now they shoot someone. They just don't understand the finality of pointing a gun at something or someone. Very sad.

no, becase

1. You can throw punches in US, that would get you suspended from school pronto ... too violent. I blame nanny state that clamps on any manifestation of violence in boys.

2. Kids have no idea on finality because the closest they come to a rifle is from playing video games. That goes on both sides too.

So we are banning Faceplant, right? 'because our founding fathers could not conceive 1a being a highly capacitated digital age and definitely military grade.

It was secured? From who? Do they mean it was secured by the police at the scene as evidence?

It certainly wasn't secured from the kid who knew how to open the safe.

"The suspect is alleged to have felt threatened, returned to his home, unlocked a gun safe, went back to a wooded area where the victim was located and shot him with a 22 long rifle.
Police said that the victim told them that he and the shooter had an “ongoing feud” and that they had been in an argument before the shooting.
Two juvenile witnesses interviewed by officers confirmed that the suspect had shot the victim, according to police.
After shooting the victim, the defendant ran toward his house on Rhode Island Road, which was in close proximity to the victim’s house, Roderick said.
Police said that the shooter used a rifle that was legally owned by and registered to his mother and was secured."

no, because

1. You can throw punches in US, that would get you suspended from school pronto ... too violent. I blame nanny state that clamps on any manifestation of violence in boys.

2. Kids have no idea on finality because the closest they come to a rifle is from playing video games. That goes on both sides too.
EXACTLY THIS ^^^^^

These kids are going to learn some important life lessons, unfortunately, the system will make sure that they both learn the wrong ones.

Good to know the police so quickly came to the conclusion that the gun was securely stored and no charges on that front are appropriate, despite the fact that someone was able to easily access and use the firearm.

I know that neighborhood well. It's a weird mix of poor white hillbilly inbred "pinkeye" types who live in shacks and normal people who live in nicer newer homes. A kid I knew in high school was from the pinkeye village area and he grew up to be one of those ICP juggalo idiots. They fished his body out of the Taunton River a few months ago. I bet the bullying was related to the kids being from different backgrounds.

Good to know the police so quickly came to the conclusion that the gun was securely stored and no charges on that front are appropriate, despite the fact that someone was able to easily access and use the firearm.

What exactly is your point?

Is it not a good thing that the police came to that conclusion? It sounds to me like youre looking for someone to get rammed up the keester for improper storage, am I wrong?

What exactly is your point?

Is it not a good thing that the police came to that conclusion? It sounds to me like youre looking for someone to get rammed up the keester for improper storage, am I wrong?

Comment got truncated and has been corrected.

You have to remember.. peterthefish Voted for obama......

Are you naturally a douchebag or do you have to work at it?

Comment got truncated and has been corrected.

Are you naturally a douchebag or do you have to work at it?

[bs2]

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently I can’t edit it due to an issue with Tapatalk. Post pointed out safe storage laws are just a tool for abuse by comparing this case w Pelham former chief case.
But you said the comment was corrected??

People (well, liberals anyway) tend to look at me strange when I say that the solution to school violence is more violence.

I'm not a trained shrink - but my theory (hereafter to be known as "tuna's law of playground harmony") is that we constantly tell our kids to NOT fight, which has two negative effects:
1) Our rule following kids are at the mercy of those who don't follow the rules
2) Out kids hold the violence that is natural for a youth until it bursts forth in uncontrolled rage with super tragic results

Kids should be encouraged to settle their disputes like children, not adults. We didn't have school shooting issues 30 years ago, because we just beat the crap out of each other. Two preteen kids slugging it out won't result in long term harm. It helps fight childhood obesity, since it encourages kids to be in fighting shape. It stops little sh**s from growing up to be bigger sh**s.

This has to be a group effort, though. I've seen it when it isn't applied widely, and the result is only the kid who fights back is left alone (Proud to say, my daughter has three times punched the crap out of older, bigger boys in her church group - twice for picking on younger kids, and once in self defense. When confronted by the boys' parents, I said I have no problem with it, and if their kid didn't start it, my girl wouldn't have to finish it. Result is that my daughter and her friends aren't picked on, but the little sh**s find someone who won't fight back.

I tell my children that if they protect themself, and get in trouble at school, we're stopping at the candy store and then going fishing. I have zero tolerance when it comes to zero tolerance, I'm trying to raise children, not victims.

People (well, liberals anyway) tend to look at me strange when I say that the solution to school violence is more violence.

I'm not a trained shrink - but my theory (hereafter to be known as "tuna's law of playground harmony") is that we constantly tell our kids to NOT fight, which has two negative effects:
2) Out kids hold the violence that is natural for a youth until it bursts forth in uncontrolled rage with super tragic results

Kids should be encouraged to settle their disputes like children, not adults. We didn't have school shooting issues 30 years ago, because we just beat the crap out of each other. Two preteen kids slugging it out won't result in long term harm. It helps fight childhood obesity, since it encourages kids to be in fighting shape. It stops little sh**s from growing up to be bigger sh**s.

This has to be a group effort, though. I've seen it when it isn't applied widely, and the result is only the kid who fights back is left alone (Proud to say, my daughter has three times punched the crap out of older, bigger boys in her church group - twice for picking on younger kids, and once in self defense. When confronted by the boys' parents, I said I have no problem with it, and if their kid didn't start it, my girl wouldn't have to finish it. Result is that my daughter and her friends aren't picked on, but the little sh**s find someone who won't fight back.

I tell my children that if they protect themself, and get in trouble at school, we're stopping at the candy store and then going fishing. I have zero tolerance when it comes to zero tolerance, I'm trying to raise children, not victims.

Amen, Tuna

This is what I love about NES. In this case people are up in arms that the kid had access to the safe and could get the gun, if this article said 12-year-old boy shoots home robbery suspect everyone would be cheering that the kid had access to the safe and it was a good shot. Sad part is the kid had access to a firearm and clearly didn’t understand the finality of what It meant to pull the trigger. That’s a fail on the parents who had the firearm in the home. Sucks for the kid who lost his life and their family and for the 12-year-old life which is also ruined

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I love about NES. In this case people are up in arms that the kid had access to the safe and could get the gun, if this article said 12-year-old boy shoots home robbery suspect everyone would be cheering that the kid had access to the safe and it was a good shot. Sad part is the kid had access to a firearm and clearly didn’t understand the finality of what It meant to pull the trigger. That’s a fail on the parents who had the firearm in the home. Sucks for the kid who lost his life and their family and for the 12-year-old life which is also ruined

Shot in the arm with a .22, not killed.

No one lost there life

Edit: uzi beat me to it

Bravo sir. Had a similar conversation with my 8 and 3 year old this past weekend. I literally used this as a template.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shot in the arm with a .22, not killed.

True he wasn't killed but if this is correct it could easily have ended in the kid that was shot being dead.

"Roderick confirmed that the bullet left a large exit wound out of the back of the victim’s arm and came to rest lodged in his left side ribcage."

True he wasn't killed but if this is correct it could easily have ended in the kid that was shot being dead.

"Roderick confirmed that the bullet left a large exit wound out of the back of the victim’s arm and came to rest lodged in his left side ribcage."

But it didn't, so your point is?

I could have had a V8 this morning too, but that didn't happen either.

Back
Top Bottom