Tatan tactical shooter's idiotic response to Glamour mag interview at shot

groundscrapers

NES Member
This is about as dumb as it gets folks....

LV-gun-show-Rochelle.jpg

Rochelle, 28

Why do you have a gun?
I was originally given a gun as a gift. I went out shooting once, and I happened to be naturally good at it. I was 20 at the time. I’ve done sporadic competitive shooting. I have a lot more fun with it—I’m in it more for fun than competing.

What do you say to people who question the value of a private citizen owning a gun?
I think that if there were less guns, there would be less shootings, period. If the government came in and decided to take the guns away, I wouldn’t be mad about it. I think it’s important to be able to feel safe in your home, but you don’t need more than three guns. You don’t need to own a semiautomatic weapon or a silencer.

When mass shootings or school shootings happen—like the one this week—does it ever make you rethink your position?
Going to the Second Amendment, I don’t think they had AK-47s and everything else in mind [when they imagined] the right to bear arms and protecting yourself. At SHOT show, you can kind of see how much it’s evolved into thousands and thousands of people dumping millions and millions of dollars into the industry…. I guess I’d say it’s almost unfortunate people think that they need so much.

For its part, Taran Tactical has disavowed Ms. Hathaway’s comments. Here’s their statement [via Facebook]:

We were surprised to see an article recently published in a beauty magazine quoting a promotional model and friend of our company, Rochelle Hathaway, who made certain impromptu statements to a reporter during Shot Show.

We were unaware of the interview and we did not condone the interview or the statements made by Rochelle. Rochelle has never been authorized to speak on behalf of our company or its founder, Taran Butler. As of today, we have cut all professional ties with Rochelle.

While we respect everyone’s right to free speech, Rochelle’s statements were inappropriate and do not represent our company’s vision and beliefs. We have and will always support Second Amendment rights, and we will continue to educate and promote the safe, legal ownership and handling of firearms.

Taran Tactical Sponsored Shooter: Government Should Take Away Our Guns to Make Us Safer - The Truth About Guns

Taran is definitely not an idiot, and would not put up with that for a second. I hope he gets the logo shirts back.

From the glamour article, one of the Taran sponsored shooters says:
We work with a lot of women; we teach celebrities too. We taught Keanu Reeves for John Wick at Taran Tactical Innovations. We taught the Kardashians, which is a great experience for us as women to teach some of the most sought-out women for young women, and women as a whole, and to teach them the proper way so that other people in the world can see the proper way.

While this: Kim Kardashian slams Senate over gun control legislation

And this: Kendall Jenner, Khloe Kardashian Decide Whether To Buy Guns On 'Keeping Up With The Kardashians'

You can lead a horse to water, but you sure as hell cant make it drink.

Yup, gone

Taran Tactical Innovations
4 hrs · Moorpark, CA ·
We were surprised to see an article recently published in a beauty magazine quoting a promotional model and friend of our company, Rochelle Hathaway, who made certain impromptu statements to a reporter during Shot Show.

We were unaware of the interview and we did not condone the interview or the statements made by Rochelle. Rochelle has never been authorized to speak on behalf of our company or its founder, Taran Butler. As of today, we have cut all professional ties with Rochelle.

While we respect everyone’s right to free speech, Rochelle’s statements were inappropriate and do not represent our company’s vision and beliefs. We have and will always support Second Amendment rights, and we will continue to educate and promote the safe, legal ownership and handling of firearms.

He says he was unaware that it happened but he was walking around with his harem all over shot. It was Taran, Jon Burnthal, and the girls. They managed to, in the middle of the day, grab 3 of the girl shooters walking with him and interview em all without him even knowing. Doubt it.

He says he was unaware that it happened but he was walking around with his harem all over shot. It was Taran, Jon Burnthal, and the girls. They managed to, in the middle of the day, grab 3 of the girl shooters walking with him and interview em all without him even knowing. Doubt it.

Isn't Burnthal anti gun too?

Last edited:
How incredibly stupid is this Rochelle chick? She’s a shooter, literally walking around a place called SHOT, in her shooting shirt, and she says she wouldn’t care if the .gov took away all the guns tomorrow? Then she says nobody needs a semiauto? Did she think Glamour was going to hire her on the spot or something?

How incredibly stupid is this Rochelle chick? She’s a shooter, literally walking around a place called SHOT, in her shooting shirt, and she says she wouldn’t care if the .gov took away all the guns tomorrow? Then she says nobody needs a semiauto? Did she think Glamour was going to hire her on the spot or something?
Glamour might not hire her, but she will be the hero du jour for the gun prohibition horde. There is nothing they love more than a gun prohibitionist who shoots or at least claims to shoot. The disarmament lobby thinks this lets it speak from authority.

I'm betting she really doesn't understand what a semi-auto is. Poor girl. More effort went into developing her hair than her brain. :(

Glamour might not hire her, but she will be the hero du jour for the gun prohibition horde. There is nothing they love more than a gun prohibitionist who shoots or at least claims to shoot. The disarmament lobby thinks this lets it speak from authority.

So true. Look at Rosenthal. He might be her next stop. :(

This is Rochelle shooting with Taran in 2013; she knows the difference.

So she KNOWS what it is, but thinks NO ONE should own one??? Putting $ down she OWNS ONE! LOL

I'm betting I'm still right. They asked "semi-auto" she brained "full-auto".

Back
Top Bottom